Spells, potions & ruthless purging strategies.

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:04 pm
OK, say a person had a really, really awful time recovering from a major relationship ending. Let's say the person has "moved on" mentally accepts that, in the long run, it's best that the relationship finished. And the person has made good progress getting on with her own life.

BUT ... from time to time unwanted reminders/memories resurface, despite her best efforts. Of course this is understandable, but it can be quite intrusive & saddening ....

SO ... The question is: How to remove the yucky emotional effects of these intrusive thoughs? Dear A2Kers, how have you achieved this? Or lessened the impact? By casting a spell to cast the person from your mind? Or what? What are the time honored methods of achieving a really, really excellent purge? What's worked for you?

All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Of course, this afflicted person, bears no resemblance what-so-ever to anyone here! :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,322 • Replies: 45
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:17 pm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... How about a few choruses of "I'm gonna wash that man right outa my hair" every time these thoughts intrude? Has this worked for anyone? Laughing
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:31 pm
msolga, just bookmarking, this looks like it's going to be an interesting thread.

edit:wrong name Embarrassed
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:31 pm
For various reasons I'm working on constructing a mental oubliette. I lack a dungeon in the recesses of my mind, so the oubliette will have to be dug in an out-of-the-way corner so I don't lose any valuable memories by mistake.

I could conjure up a cover, but I don't want the bother of figuring a simple, suitable-for-the-period cover moving machine and psychic minions are unreliable.

Using well weathered, atmospheric granite, sprouting healthy ferns and covered with moss was tempting, but to my mind, garbage disposals are utilitarian, not ornamental.

I've pretty well decided on a low platform of honey colored stone surrounding the shaft and facings of the same stone down the shaft as far as can be seen. Perhaps there will be an ornamental wooden railing around the hole--I'm just not sure yet.

The shaft is deep, deep, deep--and may empty out in the heart of a star.

When I've finished construction, any unwanted memories can be picked up carefully with a pair of brass tongs and deposited therein to fall down, down, down, no more to trouble my serenity.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:40 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
When I've finished construction, any unwanted memories can be picked up carefully with a pair of brass tongs and deposited therein to fall down, down, down, no more to trouble my serenity.

Wow, I'm impressed!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:42 pm
pueo wrote:
edit:wrong name Embarrassed

OK, what did you call me pueo? Laughing
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:45 pm
uh, it was margo. so, so, sorry.........
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:46 pm
Msolga--

Nellie Forbush had a good idea, but the censorship requirements of post-war American required that she stop with an on-stage shampoo rather than going for a complete, purifying bubble bath.

When time permits, I recommend the works--purification head to toe.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:47 pm
Laughing Laughing

Now how did I know that already? It happens all the time, pueo: The cat/Oz connection seems to confuse people. No need to apologize at all.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:53 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
When time permits, I recommend the works--purification head to toe.

Hmmm .... Seems like quite a bit of time needs to be set aside to do this job properly! Smile
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:08 pm
Eh, not sure if a man's perspective is what you're looking for here... But have you tried... shall we say... another's company?

Okay, okay. Trying hard to put myself in the uncomfortable shoes of the fairer sex; I'd recommend a full day at the spa with facial, hair, manicure, massage etc. Then a trip to a couple of boutiques: You need some brand new, classy, yet ever so sexy clothes (and, of course, some new shoes).

Now that you look like a million dollars, and make no mistake; you do; head on out to the local dance club (meat-market) that caters to people in your age group and... Enjoy a few free drinks while you turn down man after man after man because they just aren't good enough for you.

Now that you're looking fantastic and you've got your self-confidence in high gear; head down to the cafe for lunch, you know, the expensive one favored by society's elite... and wait for prince charming to appear. If for some reason he's truant today, see if you can catch him at the art gallery or even the grocery store on the affluent side of town.

Repeat if necessary. :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:15 pm
OCCOM BILL

Of course the male opinion is welcome! Very Happy
But, but .... the option of another "interest" has been tried, but to no avail, I'm sorry to report. Just no interest in romance! Sad <sigh> The previous one obviously cast some sort of aversion spell! Rolling Eyes
Besides, what about the morality of using some poor, unsuspecting soul for purging purposes? They could get more (or less?) than what they bargained for! Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:17 pm
Perhaps you didn't follow all of the IMPORTANT STEPS?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:22 pm
OB

You're right!!!
I left out the expensive cafe favoured by society's elite! The crucial bit!
But gosh, do I have to go through ALL the steps again? Rolling Eyes Very tiring & time consuming!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:38 pm
Shocked Well, that's where you meet the good one (silly girl). The afore mentioned steps are designed to get your interior, not your exterior, ready for the contest. I know; it must be a troublesome process for a woman. As a man; a clean shave and my black cashmere jacket is all that's necessary to get the requisite make-me-feel-better-about-me attention at the nightclub, which in turn increases my confidence to be heart-stoppingly charismatic at the proverbial Café. Conclusion: Repeat only the necessary steps to achieve this final goal. When your inner "Penelope Cruz" begins to shine through; the "Tom Cruise's" will be hopelessly over matched… Pawns really, for you (the Queen) to do with what you will. :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:44 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
When your inner "Penelope Cruz" begins to shine through; the "Tom Cruise's" will be hopelessly over matched… Pawns really, for you (the Queen) to do with what you will. :wink:

<sigh> That's so beautiful & poetic, OB! I'm moved to tears now. <sniff>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:18 pm
Msolga--

Not to cast aspersions....but he may say that sort of thing to all the girls.

Ah, men who ooze charm (with a layer of sincerity) are heartbreakers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:28 pm
Lovey - it ain't been long, you know - is it anniversary time, by the way? - it was a long relationship - I hate to say this - but this is NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!

That being said - do you meditate at all?

There are various techniques for letting go that I know of - and I am sur eothers do as well....

I am happy to tell you if you want me to.

A NON-meditative thingy is facing the painful memories in all their glory and splendour - and fully experiencing them, one by one, until they do not make you so upset - maybe setting aside a bit of time every day fo rthis, so you can tell them to wait, that they will get their turn.

A good thing to do then is to summon up a lovely memory, and focus on that for a bit - there must have been lots of lovely things about this relationship, right? They are still real - and I hope you will be able enjoy those memories, and know that the others have taught you many wonderful things, soonish - but prolly not all that soon!

A trick some people use, is to buy a candle, and watch it burn, until it is all gone - imagining the while that the candle is consuming the pain and anger - I will send you another technique - or maybe put it here?...hmmm - no, it is copyright...I will send it...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 01:11 am
Thanks, Deb. Believe me, things are MUCH better than they were. Just very now & then ... PING! Shocked .... And here were go again! Confused It's not so much anger these days, it's intrusive recollections which produce sadness. I guess the ol' emotional adapting is a few miles behind the reasoning stuff! Very disappointing! Sad I wish to hell it would catch up!
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 10:40 am
You still love this person and you're trying to live in denial about it! FACT, TRUTH, FACE IT!
0 Replies