Dating problem

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 04:49 pm
So, I've been talking to this guy for about a month or so. We've been on very few dates and nothing ever happened. One week he tells me he's at some meetings not far from town and later end up posting pictures of himself laying on the beach in the Bahamas. Then we go on a date, which felt more like a friends date. He tells me he has to go cause on the same night he has to drive to the airport and take the plane for New York where he will be staying at his friend's apartment for a week. Then again, he posts pictures of himself having fun on the beach in California the day after our date. I'm not sure if I should be jealous or happy for him that he's travelling so much and enjoying himself, or if I should be mad or suspicious that he's always going on these trips without telling me or anyone else. Is he only changing his plans at the last minute or does he keeps telling me lies. I don't know where he gets the money, his parents might be rich, I have no ideas. But at the same time I'm intrigued about this guy and I starting to feel like he might be out of my league as I didn't know before the last few weeks he had that kind of millionaire lifestyle. What should I think and do?

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 05:07 pm
@Saraparker1212,

Or they're older pictures, and he's just uploading them after you've had dates and he's got a free moment. Or, as you are surmising, maybe he's changing his plans at the last minute. But that's a pretty big jump in plans, eh?

At about a month (is this exclusive? Did you know each other before you started dating?) together, he is allowed to have a separate life from you, and not tell you everything.

What's more concerning to me is that the dates feel like just friends and not much is going on. That does not bode well for the future at all.

Perhaps he's got someone else, and you're his bit on the side (although it seems you're a rather tame bit on the side, which is kinda unique). Maybe he's tentative and unsure. Maybe he's gay and is trying you on for a beard. Or perhaps he's just not that into you.

Bottom line, early in relationships, that tends to be a honeymoon phase. This does not seem to be much of a honeymoon. In fact, it sounds kinda blah to me.

Hence (sorry for all the music but I suppose I'm in a musical mood), if I were you, I'd be asking myself this question (the title of the song) -

Saraparker1212

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 06:54 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for your reply!
I really doubt its old pictures.
We knew each other long before we started talking to each other. He actually was the one who came at me first. It took me time before I decided to give him a try but now, even thought I gave him many signs that I want to be more than friends, it seems like he doesn't see my signs or maybe he's just voluntarily closing his eyes on the signs.

Perhaps you are right and he's got someone else. If so, I'm not sure if I should ask him or wait til the conversation comes on the table. He surely doesn't act like he's in a relationship.

The thing is, at first I really thought he was into me. When I approached him, I was looking for a one night only. I didn't tell him this, but I let the door open to anything. After the first date I was surprised and felt even vexed that he didn't try any moves on me. I heard from many people that he's the kind of guy who go around sleeping with random girls all the time. After the first date I just thought he wanted more than sex from me. But now it's been more than one date and he has not yet even tried to kiss me and he's being distant. Still, he talks to me when he's not too busy and we'll probably go back on a date.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2013 08:15 pm
He's playing vague with you.

Treat him like you are fishing. Give him lots of line before you jerk it and reel him in.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 04:51 am
@Saraparker1212,
His behavior seems kinda odd. I do hope it works out for you, with or without him.
0 Replies