How do you prove to someone that you love them?

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 04:37 am
I am in this incredibly complicated situation (that I really do not wish to go into), in which my best friend, with whom I am madly in love with, does not believe me when I tell her that I love her. I have done everything in my power to make her happy and to let her know that I, in fact, do love her, and while she does reciprocate, telling me that she loves me as well, there is always this underlying uncertainty. This, I know, is the result of a past relationship, in which she put her feelings on the line, and then was crushed. I've asked everyone I know for help, and this is my last resort.

At this point I'd like to hear every possible solution out there
(Except give up, I've gotten too many of those)

Also, she's afraid to start trusting people again after the incident with her ex. How can I gradually regain her trust? In case I didn't make it clear before, I'm completely and utterly head over heals in love with her, and I could honestly see us spending...well forever...together....
(I know, I'm creepy, but all that aside)

vonny

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 05:03 am
@tripod18,
Take it slowly and show her, by loving patience and understanding, that you really do care for her.

There is no magic solution - no quick-fix - for your predicament. It sounds as if she's still raw from the experience that crushed her so badly, hurt her and took her confidence away. Just let her know that you understand how she feels and that you are there for her - and will wait for her to feel confident enough to reciprocate the love you feel for her.

You say she loves you - well, just work on that fact - what proof do you need from her before you feel confident of her love? Or is it that you are afraid that she does just think of you as a loving best friend and no more? Your ages, and how long you've known each other, that would help people advise you better.

Good luck - hope it works out for you.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Mon 28 Oct, 2013 07:20 am
@tripod18,
You cannot "prove" to someone that you love them. All you can do is show them you love them each and every day. Eventually, they will come to know that you do indeed love them and they will feel safe in that knowledge.

Good luck to you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 07:43 am
@tripod18,
This is a trust issue and only time can earn that.

But . . . at some point look for this type of conversation to end. You will not even need to talk about it any more since both of you will be certain.

May I ask how much time has lapsed since her last heartbreak? Perhaps it's just too soon to be professing "love" for each other. You didn't give vital details about this issue.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 08:28 am
@tripod18,
tripod18 wrote:
I am in this incredibly complicated situation (that I really do not wish to go into), in which my best friend, with whom I am madly in love with, does not believe me when I tell her that I love her. I have done everything in my power to make her happy and to let her know that I, in fact, do love her, and while she does reciprocate, telling me that she loves me as well, there is always this underlying uncertainty. This, I know, is the result of a past relationship, in which she put her feelings on the line, and then was crushed. I've asked everyone I know for help, and this is my last resort.

At this point I'd like to hear every possible solution out there
(Except give up, I've gotten too many of those)

Also, she's afraid to start trusting people again after the incident with her ex. How can I gradually regain her trust? In case I didn't make it clear before, I'm completely and utterly head over heals in love with her, and I could honestly see us spending...well forever...together....
(I know, I'm creepy, but all that aside)
No one shud trust anyone.
Humen r not trustworthy; its not in the DNA.
Love is OK, but trust shud be kept to a minimum.

David
0 Replies