Next Move? Mixed signals

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 08:32 am
Basically the summary is that this guy admitted to have mutual feelings for me a while back and things have levelled off a little bit over the past few weeks (his excuse being he's very busy). we decided it doesn't make sense to start a relationship long-distance (over 2000 miles) and only proceed if in fact he has feelings for me of course, when we are at least in the same vicinity. Because he is one of my better guy friends, I asked him advice on an ex-boyfriend and although he gave me sound advice, he asked nothing about neither the relationship or even the name of the guy. This is the first time I brought up an ex. What other excuse could there possibly be other than he was not curious, thereby concluding that he is not interested anymore? What should my next move be? Ignore his messages? Answer neutral, non-flirt, dry and "one wordy"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,412 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by MixedSignals1991
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:27 pm
WHY on earth would you ask him a question about another guy if you were interested in him?

He now knows you are interested in another man.

Foolish act, lady.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:30 pm
I once dated a woman who was always going about how she was still in love with her ex, even though he'd ran off with another woman.
My patience finally ran out when she told me she lets him visit her to mow her lawn and do odd jobs around the house, so I told her- "Listen, I don't want him coming anywhere near you, he's history so forget him!"
"But i still love him" she said, so I ditched her..Smile
MixedSignals1991

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 04:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Thanks for the help! Although this would have been the first and last time id mention any other lovers (me having only one other one LOL), i just wanted to see his reaction. And seeing that, or lack thereof, I am extremely confused as to what my next move should be. What is your opinion?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 04:41 pm
@MixedSignals1991,
MixedSignals1991 wrote:
i just wanted to see his reaction.

maybe he figured out that you were playing a game with him and realized it was better to back away sooner rather than later

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 04:42 pm
@MixedSignals1991,
MixedSignals1991 wrote:

long-distance (over 2000 miles)

Because he is one of my better guy friends,

probably best to make friends locally - for both of you
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 03:16 am
@MixedSignals1991,
You could tell him something like "I hope I wasn't stupid mentioning my ex-boyfriend to you, but I needed your advice about whether you think i made any mistakes that caused me and him to split up. I like you a lot and don't want to risk losing you by making the same mistakes again"
0 Replies