morality, drugs, existence

carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 02:40 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
nothing i say should have any value to anybody, unless they choose to think so. it has value to my individual consciousness, which does not operate with identity anymore, therefore the value is to nobody.

Quote:
At least we agree on something...

haha, to your lazy mind perhaps you think we agree on this. if you understood what i meant, it is that i don't intend any value in what i say for anybody, because to me, neither i nor others ultimately exist.

however, people who think they exist like you and frank certainly are deriving a lot of value from my words, because you are the only ones trying to argue. so while you claim that there is no value in my words, because you are operating at the level of value still existing, my words are actually of the highest value to you. still think we agree? rofl
mikeymojo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 02:46 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
More pontificating!

lol more like just an auto-pilot with rebutting all your arguments.
Quote:

Tough habit to break, right?

thinking you are alive and that there is an external universe is also a habit, which can be broken.

Yeah, by death
carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:10 am
@mikeymojo,
Quote:
thinking you are alive and that there is an external universe is also a habit, which can be broken.

Quote:
Yeah, by death

yes. physical death is usually the only way to stop thinking you are alive. but mental death can also cause it. after physical death, the atoms of the body continue to exist in the universe (as ash or buried body), but have no separate life in them. they still have universal life in them, as all atoms vibrate with life.

similarly, when the individual mind 'dies', it continues to exist in the universal mind, but with no separate identity anymore. what causes it to die? the same thing that kills the physical body. imbalance of something, ie. too much positive or negative experience.
mikeymojo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:22 am
@carnaticmystery,
Denial changes nothing...learn that before anything cm.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 07:21 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
If it makes you happy to characterize stuff with which you do not agree...as pointless, pathetic, or inadequate...do so.

i do agree that most of what you say is all of that. of course ultimately, everything is nothing. but within the appearing everything, everything you say is those 3 things.

Like I said...if it makes you happy...

Quote:

Quote:

Whatever brings some joy into your life is right by me, CM.

joy and right are dualistic.

Right! And you know for certain that things CANNOT be dualistic!

You contradict yourself way too much. Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 07:22 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
More pontificating!

lol more like just an auto-pilot with rebutting all your arguments.

You do not rebut. You simply pontificate.
Quote:

Quote:

Tough habit to break, right?

Yup...more pontificating.
carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 11:05 pm
@mikeymojo,
Quote:

nothing changes nothing is what you need to learn. ultimately nothing needs to be learnt though. your idea that i am denying something is amusing, i do not deny the appearance of anything and everything. it isn't a denial but an acceptance of things as they are, nothing more than appearance which cannot be considered absolute in any sense of the word.
carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 11:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

like i said, happiness is dualistic
Quote:

yes. with same certainty that you know you are a human.
Quote:
You contradict yourself way too much.

of COURSE i do you fool, because there is no 'me' here. so the contradicting responses are happening because of your contradicting questions. you attack my logic so i create perfect logic. then you attack my position that nothing exists, so i create a perfect nothingness, which contradicts the logic. you attack my english, so i use perfect english. whatever you do, i will happily contradict you and perhaps myself several times, it doesn't bother me.

the underlying message in my words is always the same: nonduality, nothing ultimately exists except the entire universal existence which is eternal.

as this is the final evolutionary endpoint for all individual consciousness, it is only a matter of time before idiots like you finally accept the truth of nonduality. or perhaps you will make up your own word for it, and tell yourself you came up with the real ultimate truth: 'what is is'. and live the very life you project on me, one where you consider yourself a messiah, a greater thinker than all the rest, the perfect agnostic, spreading his message to the masses, hoping to be remembered as a prophet. haha, good luck.
carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 11:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Quote:

ok? so i am pontificating, in your opinion. i will continue forever, why not, it seems it irritates you, and to me i am not even doing anything but responding to you simply and logically. it occurs to me that the pontification is interpreted on your part as a way to reconcile your disagreement with my message. if you really didn't care about what i am saying, you wouldn't bother accusing me of pontificating, you just would STOP READING everything i write. you call it pontificating, but you already admit that you LOVE reading everything i write, it is the best part of your day, you look forward to it.

so, what is worse. someone who unknowingly pontificates by simply stating his opinion? or someone who openly admits that the best part of his life is reading these simple opinions and then defining them as pontifications in order to hold some higher ground over the opinions?

'you do not rebut'. the pathetic nature of this attempted rebuttal on your part is so overwhelming, i feel sorry for you. when every single argument you have thrown at me has been rebutted harder than a gay orgy, i don't see the point in saying that i do not rebut.

and your only argument is that my rebuttals are pontifications. as i have already told you, it has become so because i have had to use the same repeated rebuttals hundreds of times to you because nothing gets through. repeating rebuttals in different words and different ways will of course eventually look like pontification.

but i have no choice unless you stop talking to me. which you will never do, so be ready for some eternal pontification.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:19 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:

nothing changes nothing is what you need to learn. ultimately nothing needs to be learnt though. your idea that i am denying something is amusing, i do not deny the appearance of anything and everything. it isn't a denial but an acceptance of things as they are, nothing more than appearance which cannot be considered absolute in any sense of the word.

Almost all of this is pontification.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:20 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:

like i said, happiness is dualistic
Quote:

yes. with same certainty that you know you are a human.
Quote:
You contradict yourself way too much.

of COURSE i do you fool, because there is no 'me' here. so the contradicting responses are happening because of your contradicting questions. you attack my logic so i create perfect logic. then you attack my position that nothing exists, so i create a perfect nothingness, which contradicts the logic. you attack my english, so i use perfect english. whatever you do, i will happily contradict you and perhaps myself several times, it doesn't bother me.

the underlying message in my words is always the same: nonduality, nothing ultimately exists except the entire universal existence which is eternal.

as this is the final evolutionary endpoint for all individual consciousness, it is only a matter of time before idiots like you finally accept the truth of nonduality. or perhaps you will make up your own word for it, and tell yourself you came up with the real ultimate truth: 'what is is'. and live the very life you project on me, one where you consider yourself a messiah, a greater thinker than all the rest, the perfect agnostic, spreading his message to the masses, hoping to be remembered as a prophet. haha, good luck.

Almost all of this is pontification. You simply assert stuff...because you have guessed it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:30 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok? so i am pontificating, in your opinion. i will continue forever, why not, it seems it irritates you, and to me i am not even doing anything but responding to you simply and logically.

More pontification.

I do want you to know that it does not irritate me. At this point it provides me with a bit of entertainment. Wink

Quote:
it occurs to me that the pontification is interpreted on your part as a way to reconcile your disagreement with my message.
if you really didn't care about what i am saying, you wouldn't bother accusing me of pontificating, you just would STOP READING everything i write.

I have NEVER said that I do not care about what you are writing. I read every word...and derive what entertainment I can from it. I intend to continue to read every word you write...and to respond to almost all of it.

Jeez...where did you ever get the idea I do not care? Wink

Quote:
you call it pontificating, but you already admit that you LOVE reading everything i write, it is the best part of your day, you look forward to it.

Indeed it is...and one of the reasons is because I enjoy watching you pontificate. There is no inconsistency there.

Quote:
so, what is worse. someone who unknowingly pontificates by simply stating his opinion? or someone who openly admits that the best part of his life is reading these simple opinions and then defining them as pontifications in order to hold some higher ground over the opinions?

Beats me! I certainly am not "defining them as pontifications" in order to hold some higher ground. I am defining most of your assertions as pontification BECAUSE THEY ARE PONTIFICATIONS.

Quote:
'you do not rebut'. the pathetic nature of this attempted rebuttal on your part is so overwhelming, i feel sorry for you. when every single argument you have thrown at me has been rebutted harder than a gay orgy, i don't see the point in saying that i do not rebut.

Not sure what "rebutted harder than a gay orgy" means...but I really enjoy when someone like you gets that desperate. Keep it coming.

Quote:
and your only argument is that my rebuttals are pontifications. as i have already told you, it has become so because i have had to use the same repeated rebuttals hundreds of times to you because nothing gets through. repeating rebuttals in different words and different ways will of course eventually look like pontification.

Okay...calm down now. For the record...you have stopped pontificating...and have started rambling and raving.

Quote:
but i have no choice unless you stop talking to me. which you will never do, so be ready for some eternal pontification.

No problem, CM. We'll be here for each other.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:22 pm
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
however, people who think they exist like you and frank certainly are deriving a lot of value from my words, because you are the only ones trying to argue.

Nope. I don't derive any value from what you say. And I am done arguing. You're the one writing long, pretentious argumentative posts here, in case you haven't noticed.
spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 05:04 am
@carnaticmystery,
Are you leaning on Chuang-Tzu stuff carnie?
carnaticmystery

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Almost all of this is pontification. You simply assert stuff...because you have guessed it.

so do you. your above statement is also pontification, about my pontification and about my assertions. haha you are too dumb for words.
carnaticmystery

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
More pontification.

more cuntification by you. meaning - making a **** of oneself.

Quote:
I do want you to know that it does not irritate me. At this point it provides me with a bit of entertainment.

anyone can pretend to not be irritated. if you honestly look at what irritation actually is, you would concede that all my words irritate you to the absolute highest degree, simply because of your need to prove them wrong.
Quote:
I have NEVER said that I do not care about what you are writing.

i never said you said that, i was simply affirming how much you care and actually need my words.
Quote:
I read every word...and derive what entertainment I can from it.

yep, and the entertainment you derive from it is immense ego gratification from attempting to prove me wrong, followed by intense intellectual stimulation when i continue to prove myself right.
Quote:
I intend to continue to read every word you write...and to respond to almost all of it.

of course you do. its funny that you are creating a story for yourself to justify why you plan on continually responding to me. you are so blind to the actual lack of control you have over the matter.

Quote:
Jeez...where did you ever get the idea I do not care?

where did you ever get the idea to give words so much importance? now you are stuck on 'caring', because obviously 'not caring' is something you don't like. so you need to prove to me that you are very caring or something?

my point about you 'not caring' about me is that you pretend to have zero intellectual regard for what i am saying and your participation in this discussion. you pretend it is all amusement, you derive some entertainment and use me like a toy. the reason you pretend to take this stance is to subtly insult me, by saying that i am so ridiculous that i am just mere entertainment.

Quote:

Indeed it is...and one of the reasons is because I enjoy watching you pontificate. There is no inconsistency there.

there is a lot of inconsistency. you talk about pontification as a bad thing, you say everything i say is 'just pontification', implying that it has no substance behind it. but you enjoy watching me do it. so the inconsistency is that you are admitting that you enjoy something which has no substance, no meaning, no relation to the ultimate reality that you speak of.

if you enjoy it, why do you enjoy it? 2 possibilities:
1. you are a bad person, and you simply like observing the bad things in life (a mentally ill person like myself spreading vicious lies) while pretending to be a good person yourself. but you live vicariously as a bad person, because you ENJOY watching those bad people do their thing.
2. you are enjoying the actual intellectual freedom coming from the dissolution of individual consciousness, augmented in you by this discussion.

Quote:
Beats me! I certainly am not "defining them as pontifications" in order to hold some higher ground. I am defining most of your assertions as pontification BECAUSE THEY ARE PONTIFICATIONS.

EXACTLY. you don't even KNOW why you keep having to point that out to me. you yourself admit you do not know. so what does this mean? obviously, to you, constantly pontificating is bad. otherwise you simply wouldn't keep telling me to stop.
Quote:
Not sure what "rebutted harder than a gay orgy" means...but I really enjoy when someone like you gets that desperate. Keep it coming.

well think about it. rebutted could also mean 'butted again'. i just thought a gay orgy is somewhere where that might happen. sorry if i was wrong.

Quote:
Okay...calm down now. For the record...you have stopped pontificating...and have started rambling and raving.

and you, as you have done this entire thread, continue to invent as many derogatory definitions about me in order for your ego to hold high ground over my 'crazy' stance.

Quote:
No problem, CM. We'll be here for each other.

individuals are only there for each other within duality. while you are limited to that, yes, we can be here for each other, to YOU. not to me.
carnaticmystery

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:10 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Nope. I don't derive any value from what you say. And I am done arguing. You're the one writing long, pretentious argumentative posts here, in case you haven't noticed.

the length of my posts says nothing about the value we derive. i place zero value on everything i say, yet i write long posts anyway just for fun.

you say you derive zero value from my words, but you have argued for so long over so many points, which was obviously for the VALUE of clearing up your own opinions on those subjects. even if you only used my words to tell yourself that 'yes, i understand life way better than this crazy ****', then you still derived that VALUE from my words. haha. unlucky buddy
carnaticmystery

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:19 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Are you leaning on Chuang-Tzu stuff carnie?

lol. never heard of him. but i think all ancient teachings do ultimately point to non duality. the 2 major schools of thought in humans are science vs religion/spirituality. or matter vs consciousness.

going deeply into either eventuates in non duality.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:40 am
@carnaticmystery,
You're deeply deluded. If answering some dude's posts is a sign of deriving value from them, you evidently are deriving a lot of value from my posts...

You and I agree totally on the lack of worth of your thinking.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:47 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:

so do you. your above statement is also pontification, about my pontification and about my assertions. haha you are too dumb for words.

No, CM...I am not dumb...and neither are you. One of your less endearing qualities is your habit of calling your opponents "dumb."

BOTTOM LINE: Anyone who debates or has extended conversations with someone who is "dumb"...probably is not as bright as he/she thinks.

The fact that you pontificate...and simply assert stuff...is demonstrated in almost all of your posts.

If you want to consider recognition of that problem with your posts to be pontificating...you are free to do so. Wink