morality, drugs, existence

carnaticmystery

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are babbling, CM.

one liner - check.
pointless - check.
epitomises your pathetic inadequacy - check.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:37 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
You are babbling, CM.

one liner - check.
pointless - check.
epitomises your pathetic inadequacy - check.

You are still babbling, CM!
Olivier5

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:41 am
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
when everything arises from nothingness, and returns to it, there is no real paradox coming from any existence.

Yours are only words without meaning. Nothing can arise from nothing.
carnaticmystery

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Yours are only words without meaning. Nothing can arise from nothing.

yes, and ultimately, nothing does arise from nothing. because the whole 'arising' process is an appearance, coming from nothing and going back to nothing. all words are without meaning ultimately, because there is no meaning at the absolute level. meaning is always contextual and subjective. at that level, my words have as many meanings as readers.

the experience of nothingness being equivalent to everythingness is the nonduality that i am speaking of. that experience only happens when the individual intellect dissolves itself into the deeper universality in itself.

carnaticmystery

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

well i have no choice now that you offer nothing to this argument. all i can do is babble on about how easily i destroyed you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 08:39 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:

well i have no choice now that you offer nothing to this argument. all i can do is babble on about how easily i destroyed you.

Yeah...you are constantly "destroying" everyone who questions anything you write.

I hope others here get as much a kick out of your "abilities."

Please...continue to babble. Wink
Olivier5

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 04:16 pm
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
that experience only happens when the individual intellect dissolves itself into the deeper universality in itself.

And how do you know that this 'experience' of yours is not an illusion, eg a way to escape a reality that you're afraid of?
carnaticmystery

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 02:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yeah...you are constantly "destroying" everyone who questions anything you write.

not really, just you mainly. others are more intelligent so i don't have to destroy them.

Quote:

never claimed any abilities other than to easily destroy pathetic arguments such as yours.

Quote:
Please...continue to babble.

yes of course you will keep this conversation going in any way you can. but to get anything worthwhile out of me you will have to step up your game.
carnaticmystery

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 02:27 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And how do you know that this 'experience' of yours is not an illusion, eg a way to escape a reality that you're afraid of?

the 'experience' i talked about was that of nothingness being everythingness. i fully agree with you that this 'experience', like all experiences, is an illusion absolutely. this is why i am claiming that the 'experience' of understanding nothingness being everythingness, or non duality, is what could be called the 'final experience' for individual consciousness.

so how do i know this experience is not an illusion? because that 'final experience' came from directly looking into the possibility of all illusions. instead of assuming that certain things are NOT illusions, like your own consciousness, the physical universe etc, i honestly and deeply investigated into the possibility that they are all illusions. that investigation is still ongoing, and will be eternally, because that is simply the nature of 'intelligence', something that naturally occurs to our consciousness. intelligence continuously seeks to find truth and dispel illusions. so if you keep going with it as far as it can go, then the final question has to be what if intelligence/consciousness ITSELF is an illusion also. what does this mean, that consciousness itself could be an illusion? it simply means that because consciousness always has an 'unknown' witness, it is necessarily always a questionable phenomenon, ie, there is never the possibility of knowing all about the subject behind consciousness.

so pure, universal intelligence accepts that it can never actually KNOW its own identity, and therefore it cannot be sure that it is this 'i' individual consciousness which is appearing temporarily.

once you accept the possibility that you are not the 'i' that you assume you are, then the possibility of understanding what you actually 'are' arises. paradoxically, no matter what understanding of what you 'are' you get to, it is always necessarily wrong also because the one who understood this remains elusive as an unknown aspect of yourself.

so if you read all of the above, does it seem like i am afraid of reality? i acknowledge the appearing reality one hundred percent and have no problems with it whatsoever.

or does it seem more like it is you who is afraid to really investigate reality?

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 07:06 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:

not really, just you mainly. others are more intelligent so i don't have to destroy them.

In your dreams! Wink

Quote:

Quote:

never claimed any abilities other than to easily destroy pathetic arguments such as yours.

Quote:
Please...continue to babble.

yes of course you will keep this conversation going in any way you can. but to get anything worthwhile out of me you will have to step up your game.

I seriously doubt that would "get anything worthwhile" out of you!

Wink
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 07:28 am
@carnaticmystery,
Is the idea of the persona at the back of your thinking carnie?

A mask. And removing the mask reveals another mask. And so on.

And your opponents don't know they are only masks and have confused them with reality.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:15 am
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
so if you read all of the above, does it seem like i am afraid of reality?

Yes, afraid enough that you'd want to lose yourself in a maze of contradictions. If your experience of nothingness is an illusion, nothing that you can derive from it has any value whatsoever.
carnaticmystery

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In your dreams!

Quote:

another coupla one-liner, pointless, pathetic inadequacies.
carnaticmystery

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:23 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Is the idea of the persona at the back of your thinking carnie?

nothing is at the back of my thinking. i don't try and assume any persona.

Quote:
A mask. And removing the mask reveals another mask. And so on.

i agree with that, and it can go infinitely.

Quote:
And your opponents don't know they are only masks and have confused them with reality.

yes, except reality and masks are words. call anything you want reality, but the concept to which it points will remain elusive, if investigated honestly.
0 Replies

carnaticmystery

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:27 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
so if you read all of the above, does it seem like i am afraid of reality?

Quote:
Yes, afraid enough that you'd want to lose yourself in a maze of contradictions.

haha no, just because you got lost, does not mean i am lost. there are no contradictions, or if there are, it is only because the entire existence is a contradiction or paradox.

Quote:
If your experience of nothingness is an illusion, nothing that you can derive from it has any value whatsoever.

yes. that is 100% true. because 'experience' is all illusion. illusion is another word, just indicating the opposite of reality, which is another concept. value is another concept. there is no such thing as value other than subjectively created by you.

nothing i say should have any value to anybody, unless they choose to think so. it has value to my individual consciousness, which does not operate with identity anymore, therefore the value is to nobody.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:37 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
In your dreams!

Quote:

another coupla one-liner, pointless, pathetic inadequacies.

If it makes you happy to characterize stuff with which you do not agree...as pointless, pathetic, or inadequate...do so.

Whatever brings some joy into your life is right by me, CM.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:40 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

... 'experience' is all illusion. illusion is another word, just indicating the opposite of reality, which is another concept. value is another concept. there is no such thing as value other than subjectively created by you.

More pontificating!

Tough habit to break, right?

Olivier5

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:57 pm
@carnaticmystery,
Quote:
nothing i say should have any value to anybody, unless they choose to think so. it has value to my individual consciousness, which does not operate with identity anymore, therefore the value is to nobody.

At least we agree on something...
carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 02:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If it makes you happy to characterize stuff with which you do not agree...as pointless, pathetic, or inadequate...do so.

i do agree that most of what you say is all of that. of course ultimately, everything is nothing. but within the appearing everything, everything you say is those 3 things.
Quote:

Whatever brings some joy into your life is right by me, CM.

joy and right are dualistic.
carnaticmystery

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 02:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
More pontificating!

lol more like just an auto-pilot with rebutting all your arguments.
Quote:

Tough habit to break, right?

thinking you are alive and that there is an external universe is also a habit, which can be broken.