morality, drugs, existence

carnaticmystery

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
f you are trying to make a case that saying "I do not know" when I do not know...indicates a messianic complex...you did a miserable job of it.

obviously not too miserable, an idiot like you still understood!

olivier started a whole thread now to discuss the definition of knowledge. my point here is simple. if everyone is arguing about what knowledge is, then obviously nobody seems to 'know' what knowledge is.

your only point that you keep repeating is that 'i say i do not know, because i do not know, this makes me the greatest. i hate all you bad liars like cm who say they know things, but they are blindly guessing.'

but unfortunately, i agree with you that saying you know something is always a lie, and that all my knowledge, like yours, and all humanity's, is irrelevant, limited, subjective and uncertain.

what you should consider is, if claiming knowledge is so bad like how you condemn me when i say 'i know nothing exists', then why is 'claiming you don't know' acceptable? can't you see that you only have defined knowing and not knowing? when i say i know nothing exists, i also know that all knowledge is limited and blah blah, everything i have said.

when you say you do not know the ultimate reality, you believe this as your ultimate knowledge. you KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW.

but unfortunately, that isn't possible. keep investigating, sonny jim.

now, unfortunately (again), there is little else in your entire pathetic post worth responding to. but lets try to end on a good note:
Quote:
I have almost completely abandoned using the term "agnostic" to define myself...relying on a description of how I feel about the agnostic position instead.

good, you are learning. now you just have to get past your belief in not knowing as the ultimate truth, and find out that actually the eternal paradox of knowing/not knowing simultaneously is the eternal ultimate truth of non duality. that is, the ultimate duality is knowledge of one's own existence vs understanding that one does not actually know their own existence. this duality can never be reconciled because they both directly conflict each other, and yet are both simultaneously true at all times. this simple experiential paradox is enough to reveal the infinite truth of non duality.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 08:15 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
f you are trying to make a case that saying "I do not know" when I do not know...indicates a messianic complex...you did a miserable job of it.

obviously not too miserable, an idiot like you still understood!

Maybe I am not quite the "idiot" you seem to need to think I am.

Anyway...you did an even more miserable job of defending your original thesis.

Quote:
olivier started a whole thread now to discuss the definition of knowledge.

Olivier did???

I didn't know about that. Why not furnish a link.

Quote:
my point here is simple. if everyone is arguing about what knowledge is, then obviously nobody seems to 'know' what knowledge is.

But I doubt that will stop you from telling us exactly what it is! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
your only point that you keep repeating is that 'i say i do not know, because i do not know, this makes me the greatest. i hate all you bad liars like cm who say they know things, but they are blindly guessing.'

No...I've never said anything remotely like that...but I enjoy when someone posts while in a frenzy!

Now get back in control...and try again. Wink

Quote:
but unfortunately, i agree with you that saying you know something is always a lie,

I have never said that...nor have I suggested it in any way...nor do I consider that correct.

Sorry, but if you want to claim to agree with me...you've got to clean up your act considerably.

Quote:
and that all my knowledge, like yours, and all humanity's, is irrelevant, limited, subjective and uncertain.

As I suspected...you are now telling us what the truth is!

Lousy habits are hard to break, aren't they, CM?

Quote:
what you should consider is, if claiming knowledge is so bad like how you condemn me when i say 'i know nothing exists', then why is 'claiming you don't know' acceptable? can't you see that you only have defined knowing and not knowing? when i say i know nothing exists, i also know that all knowledge is limited and blah blah, everything i have said.

Who helped you write that gibberish...a first grader or second? If you are going to tell the world what it needs to know...you have got to be able to write at least at a fifth grade level.

Work on it.

Quote:
when you say you do not know the ultimate reality, you believe this as your ultimate knowledge. you KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW.

Pleeeeze. Get to the basic stuff first...and then go on to the stuff that is handled in junior high.

And if you have a quote of mine that you want to use...try using it rather than making stuff up.

Jeez!

Quote:
but unfortunately, that isn't possible. keep investigating, sonny jim.

You will have to translate that into some legible.

Quote:
now, unfortunately (again), there is little else in your entire pathetic post worth responding to. but lets try to end on a good note:

Do you see the irony here? Ask that kid helping you compose your arguments...and he/she will explain it. Drunk

Quote:

Quote:
I have almost completely abandoned using the term "agnostic" to define myself...relying on a description of how I feel about the agnostic position instead.

good, you are learning. now you just have to get past your belief in not knowing as the ultimate truth, and find out that actually the eternal paradox of knowing/not knowing simultaneously is the eternal ultimate truth of non duality. that is, the ultimate duality is knowledge of one's own existence vs understanding that one does not actually know their own existence. this duality can never be reconciled because they both directly conflict each other, and yet are both simultaneously true at all times. this simple experiential paradox is enough to reveal the infinite truth of non duality.

Was there a musical accompaniment to this...or are you trying, unsuccessfully, to play it straight and without drama????
carnaticmystery

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 09:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
ah finally, getting to the point where i need not respond to anything. i can honestly say there is nothing in your entire post that has any merit. it is basically 2 points: 1. i am bad at english, and 2. all my summations of your arguments are wrong.

1. nobody else on this forum, or any other forum, or any other human on earth that i have ever interacted with, has told me i speak/write english badly. therefore, i am happy for you to be the first and only deluded person as such.

2. ok sorry, but it seems to me i have captured all your arguments perfectly with my previous post. and seeing as you did nothing but tell me i didn't, but then not actually offer what your argument is, there is nothing further i can do. except know that i have destroyed you as an opponent, and wait for something worth responding to, probably never to come.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 08:31 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

ah finally, getting to the point where i need not respond to anything. i can honestly say there is nothing in your entire post that has any merit. it is basically 2 points: 1. i am bad at english, and 2. all my summations of your arguments are wrong.

In fairness to people who are bad at English, you are not bad at English, CM. Your English sucks!

Quote:
1. nobody else on this forum, or any other forum, or any other human on earth that i have ever interacted with, has told me i speak/write english badly. therefore, i am happy for you to be the first and only deluded person as such.

I seriously doubt that I am the first...or that I will be the last!

Quote:

2. ok sorry, but it seems to me i have captured all your arguments perfectly with my previous post. and seeing as you did nothing but tell me i didn't, but then not actually offer what your argument is, there is nothing further i can do. except know that i have destroyed you as an opponent, and wait for something worth responding to, probably never to come.

Yes...you told me in that last post that my comments were not worth a reply...with you did in a very lengthy reply. And you are replying again...and once again telling me my comments are not worthy of a reply.

Get someone to explain the absurdity of what you are saying!
0 Replies

JLO1988

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 06:13 pm
@carnaticmystery,
as regards drug use, read my post for my response... How We (The US) Can Win The War With Drugs
0 Replies