Ten Reasons Why Moderate Muslims Are Not the Answer

Olivier5

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 03:15 pm
@coldjoint,
11: there's no question to start with, so there is no answer to look for.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 07:46 pm
@parados,
Islamic scholars only read Islamic literature, hence the name.

And Islamic claims can not be proven because the is little or no evidence these thinkers were not forced converts. Other claims have been debunked.

Even the guy that discovered coffee was Christian.
parados

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:14 pm
@coldjoint,
I suppose you can just stick your head in the sand and blow smoke out your ass. You seem to be good at that. You certainly don't have a clue about history.
coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:17 pm
@parados,
I have forgotten more history than you will ever know. I see the smoke coming from you.
You know zero about Islam.
parados

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:19 pm
@coldjoint,
I believe you have forgotten a lot.
coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:32 pm
@parados,
What do you know about Islam besides the fact it the socially accepted behavior to make excuses for them?
parados

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:40 pm
@coldjoint,
You are the one that made the claim that Islamic scholars weren't really scholars. Why don't you tell us what is wrong in the history of this site?
http://www.storyofmathematics.com/islamic.html

I am curious why you have Arabic numbers on your keyboard coldjoint. Could you please explain that to us?
coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:52 pm
@parados,
Quote:
They were able to draw on and fuse together the mathematical developments of both Greece and India

Quote:
The Qu’ran itself encouraged the accumulation of knowledge,

That trashes your article right there.
coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:53 pm
And can you explain this?

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2013.10.23 (Mosul, Iraq) - al-Qaeda militants set off a bomb at a shopping mall that leaves five women and two children dead.
2013.10.23 (Ramadi, Iraq) - Mujahideen kidnap fourteen local cops, then slit their throats.
2013.10.23 (Tessalit, Mali) - Three people are killed during a suicide assault by Jihadists.
2013.10.22 (Rutba, Iraq) - Ten Iraqis are exterminated by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
2013.10.22 (Hit, Iraq) - al-Qaeda members shoot a mortar into a house, killing three family members including a child.
2013.10.21 (Borno, Nigeria) - Pro-Sharia militants burn down houses and shoot dead ten villagers.

* Sources for individual incidents can be provided upon request.
parados

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:56 pm
@coldjoint,
There you go coldjoint. You are using Arabic numbers.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:57 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
They were able to draw on and fuse together the mathematical developments of both Greece and India

Quote:
The Qu’ran itself encouraged the accumulation of knowledge,

That trashes your article right there.

Actually, that trashes your narrative. Islam is actually an intellectual and peaceful religion if you want to stand by those quotes.
coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:33 pm
@parados,
They say nothing about peace. And Islams biggest enemy is education. Do you know how many Muslims know nothing else.

The Muslims destroyed more knowledge than they suposedly saved. In fact Islams aggression is responsible for the Dark Ages in many ways.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
OK Frank, the answer for handling Islam is to stop all aid, immigration from, and tech help for Islamic nations.
Trade food for oil, or raise the prices for food to balance the books.

Islam will have to build their own infrastructure, feed their own poor, and stimulate their own economies. Islam would self destruct

I know it sounds drastic but inviting an intolerant culture into a tolerant one spells doom for the tolerant. And only a fool would argue with that.
LvB

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 03:18 am
@coldjoint,
How's Junior?
0 Replies

LvB

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 03:20 am
@coldjoint,
How's Junior doing?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 05:28 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

OK Frank, the answer for handling Islam is to stop all aid, immigration from, and tech help for Islamic nations.

Islam will have to build their own infrastructure, feed their own poor, and stimulate their own economies. Islam would self destruct

I know it sounds drastic but inviting an intolerant culture into a tolerant one spells doom for the tolerant. And only a fool would argue with that.

Thank you for that, CJ.

Earlier you mentioned an Islamic teaching:

Quote:
Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

After reading the reply above, I cannot help but think you are saying that the best way to "handle" Islam...is to become more like them. You are essentially advising us to:

Be harsh to those who follow Islam...but merciful to one another.

Something about that just doesn't ring right.
coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 04:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Islam has no golden rule. I am only purposing that someone needs to explain that concept to them.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 04:39 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Frank, Islam has no golden rule. I am only purposing that someone needs to explain that concept to them.

It doesn't sound like that is what you meant.

Don't re-read what you wrote here.

Re-read what you wrote in your response to me earlier.

Then we can discuss it.
coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 06:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Quote:
The Golden Rule and Islam

http://alisina.org/blog/2012/03/01/the-golden-rule-and-islam/

And we can talk Frank.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Oct, 2013 06:48 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
The Golden Rule and Islam

http://alisina.org/blog/2012/03/01/the-golden-rule-and-islam/

And we can talk Frank.

Up above, you wrote:

Quote:

To which I replied:

Quote:
After reading the reply above, I cannot help but think you are saying that the best way to "handle" Islam...is to become more like them. You are essentially advising us to:

Be harsh to those who follow Islam...but merciful to one another.

Something about that just doesn't ring right.

Now you are saying "no."

C'mon.

We can talk...but you've got to be real.

Your ideas for "handling" Islam seem to be treating them like dirt.

You may get lots of agreement from some.

I prefer we not treat anyone like dirt...I prefer we treat everyone decently.