Help with a riddle (MNI)

Fred Weasley

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 01:39 am
Is anyone here?
0 Replies

JamieFrost

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:01 am
Kissmyass is DEFINITELY not a staff member. For a start she/he doesn't even know my name. Secondly all staff members actually speak English.
Just ignore him/her and they'll go away.
0 Replies

LadyBelle

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:15 am
Do you think Zardi will resign after this?
0 Replies

ILikeSwords

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:57 am
just finished reading today's 100+ posts, and here's my comments before i go to bed.

- i don't think jamie was trying to be nasty, just trying to stop people from needlessly bothering him. too many ims can be very annoying, and i know if i suddenly had a bunch of people messaging me out of nowhere and asking for my autograph, i'd completely freak out. i've been a webmaster and forum owner before and it gets really scary when people start treating you like a celebrity.

- kissmyass is a troll. regardless of whether or not they're staff, they're still a troll. but if they are staff, i wish we could fine them for saying ass and see how they like it.

- ja is a funny idea. very funny and very tempting to put in mni sigs. unfortunately we'd probably get banned for it. not that they could ban us for that directly, but they'd still know who we were and and be looking for any excuse to ban.

-- i'm glad to hear about the ips. proxies are a pain. dynamic ips are kind of hard to trace anyway but i'm the paranoid sort so i like to cover my tracks.

ok i need to go to sleep for school tomorrow. i hope mni is back up soon! the internet is too boring without it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 03:39 am
Zardi wrote:

The owners of this site are not cooperating currently. Your IPs will be released though, the only thing stopping it is time.

Emphasis mine.

This is a falsehood (that we would ever provide IP data to the likes of "Zardi", we would do nothing of the sort). We only disclose such data to law enforcement when they come with a subpoena (has never happened, and would only happen in the case of an illegal act, certainly not some Harry Potter spat).

We don't care a whit about conflicts from other sites like MNI and have no intention of enforcing the rules of other websites for them as this is both beyond our ability to enforce fairly and an unreasonable expectation.

But this brings me to my next point. We do, however, care about our rules and standards for messages posted here.

A reading of our Terms of Service will indicate what I am talking about but to summarize the ones pertinent to this thread:

• Insulting and attacking each other is not allowed here. This is not your typical teen forum or chat. There is a lot of this going on on this thread (e.g. calling someone here an "idiot") and this may result in a member's removal from this service.
  • Making threats is, for the most part, not tolerated. The people coming here threatening to ban and such are, in fact, banned from this site immediately.
  • Using this forum to solicit members to your websites etc is not permitted.

If these types of infractions are seen, please use the "report" button to let our moderators know.

As long as our rules are respected, we have no problem with you all having your fun here and welcome you.

But those who flame each other, spam these boards, or make threats will not be permitted to use this forum as a medium.

Thanks

PS - As a courtesy to the bandwidth of MNI, please do not hotlink their images. They have complained to us about this.
0 Replies

Fred Weasley

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:10 am
do you guy's think our newest Umbridge needs a celebration party? I have a Slytherin user and I'm not afraide to use it. I'm the heir of the Weasley brothers!
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:19 am
hey all
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:27 am
anyone there?
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:29 am
I guess im all alone
0 Replies

DollyMix

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:37 am
I'm here!
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:39 am
hey dollumix
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:39 am
u there?
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:41 am
im bored
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:42 am
guess ur not there anymore..
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:43 am
awhhh...someone come and talk to me..
0 Replies

RosiePosie Toadstool

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:45 am
I wonder if I can get up to page 400 by myself!! okay okay that will be my goal.. man this feels weird.. lol im laughing to myslef.. well talking to myself too..
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:45 am
Hey Rosie-Posie. How are you? I'm taking it that you're from MNI?

0 Replies

DollyMix

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:46 am
I am here! Lol, just checking my PMs!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:46 am
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes? What's that?

(O, by the way, you can't put links in your signature; they'll be deleted... you have to put them in your 'favourite sites' thing, in your profile..)

0 Replies

DollyMix

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:52 am
Argh.....my life is nothing without MNI! I am soooo bored!
0 Replies