a relationship with yourself

Turner 727

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 12:32 am
That's a great quote, Bill. I know I had ideas about raising my kids, and the reality of it is so much different.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:09 am
GREAT quote. Yup yup yup.

And I just love your article, Sofia. :-) "I clean it, they mess it up..." heh!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:10 am
Yes, that IS a great quote.

I often tell people that having a child is the hardest thing I've ever done. But it is also the BEST thing I've ever done.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:10 pm
Dear "lost-it-al"........I don't know why you're in such a rage.

All those things you're doing? Well, that's what everybody does all day, when they've got kids and a house and they eat food and wear clothes and fix things and give gifts and......well....LIVE.

So you have a choice: you can do all those things in a permanent state of resentment because you have to do them.......or.....imagine this: you can do them all while repeatedly re-training yourself to do them with love and gentle caring and a genuine pleasure at having so many wonderful things around that only you can do the right way, and in your own very competent and loving way.

Life didn't hand you a lousy deal.....it handed you treasures that you've forgotten how to appreciate.

Confused
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:29 pm
lmc...get yourself to the doctor and have him prescribe Prozac for you. Then, find yourself someone very hot and get yourself laid on a regular basis. Follow these instructions and in no time, you'll be able to handle all the stuff you do with a big smile on your face to boot!

In addition, I must say that kataya8 is absolutely correct. You are blessed lmc. I know it doesn't feel like you are, but many many people would love to have what you have and be in good health to boot. Be grateful for what you have been given...and cherish it too. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 04:28 pm
Well, Lost_my_Calgon, I think you are a great
writer.....Steal some time away from your family every day and start journaling. In a decade you may have a great book there! Jane Austen managed to create great literature at the kitchen
table where her peace was liable to be shattered at any minute!

(By the way.....I am mom and yes, for a long while, with kids, you lose your personal identity!)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:21 pm
Hey I can emphasize. Easter morning, after allowing my two young children to find their baskets, eat just a couple of small pieces of chocolate, and playing with them a little. Then cleaning them up, getting them dressed, diapered, etc. And getting myself showered and dressed to make early morning church services. My husband did make breakfast and get himself ready. When loading them into the car, my husband noticed that my older daughter still had a little chocolate on her face. He proceeded to get angry with me because of it. Well he sure got an ear full, with basically, if you don't like the way I do things, then you try to get them ready. I guess he was o-k with what I have been doing, because this morning, I got both ready from start to finish again.

We all have those stories. But doesn't it just feel great to have a spot where you can safely vent!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:30 pm
How are you doing, LMC? Tried any useful stress-busters?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 02:03 pm
Yes, how are you doing?

Linkat, yep, I know just what you mean.

Scene in the morning when my husband leaves for work -- clean house with a basket of laundry that needs to be folded.

While he's gone: Make breakfast, clean up breakfast mess from table, floor, dishes, counters, kid. Brush teeth, wash face, all of that. Do an art project -- glitter everywhere, pieces of paper on the floor, general mess. Clean it up. Play "zoo" -- animals strewn everywhere. Left for now. Make lunch, clean up lunch mess from table, floor, dishes, counters, kid. Brush teeth, wash face, etc. Have to run to appointment -- do hair quickly, before toddler patience expires, leave brush and comb and extra ponytail holder in living room. Go out for appointment. Come home, want to have some time at the computer, kid plays by herself. Go check on her, total mess, toys everywhere. About time to start making dinner. Start to make dinner, while parts are cooking go clean up the zoo mess, the hair mess, the get-dressed mess (didn't mention), the general playing mess. Everything cleaned. Dinner made. Dinner stuff put away. Dinner on table. Clean kid. Husband comes home.

"Couldn't you have folded the clothes?"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 02:09 pm
Ha Ha. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one.

And then the husband looks at you as if you have two heads when you blow up at him.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 02:44 pm
Oh boy, even though I have no kids I know exactly what you are talking about. And I am really glad to have the husband I have...

Keep venting, girls!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 03:07 pm
Linkat wrote:
Ha Ha. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one.

And then the husband looks at you as if you have two heads when you blow up at him.

You're not yelling loud enough, Linkat! Laughing

The last time my husband complained about the house, I told him to go take a good look at the way he keeps his office. This place is a freakin' hospital compared with that. I mean, he's barely got a pathway through the piles and enough dust in there to grow mushrooms. And he's complaining about a few dirty dishes in the sink?! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 03:14 pm
Hee hee hee...!

Actually, that reminds me of one of my favorite comebacks ever. My husband has a freakishly neat office, everything in its place, but mine was the same -- I was famous for being able to reach for exactly the form (or booklet, or casefile) needed because everything was meticulously organized.

So while we were having an ahem discussion about housecleaning, he said, "I mean, have you seen my office?" I said, with the Medusa stare, "Have you seen MINE?" He got it -- it's a luxury to be able to have things that clean, and it's a luxury I miss, so if he wants cleanliness he better contribute. (He is actually very, very good about that kind of thing.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 03:39 pm
Yeah, I shouldn't complain. He does as much housecleaning as I do, plus virtually all the cooking. (He's one of those super skinny types that obsesses about food. Come to think of it, that's another thing that bugs me. Hmmm. This post isn't going where I wanted it to.....)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:13 pm
You need a vacation, alone, in a cottage by the sea, but don't tell anyone where you're going!
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:19 am
Hello everyone!! Keep those posts coming!! I think everyone's opinions are correct! I am not going to the doctor to get perscribed prozac...I did that 3 years ago and took it for about 8 months. That stuff killed my sex drive. I am to where I can tolerate it now. My problem is that I can't relax. I feel as though I am the one who does everything and no one else seems to care. I agree with Kataya8 that I have a life that some people wish they had, but I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence isn't it? I am doing ok for those that were wondering and yes...shepaints...this is great to be able to come here to vent. Laughing ...we have well water and our pump recently went kuput...the well guys found our well which has been built over!! So we have decided to fork out 12 grand to tap into city water and get all the necessary plumbing worked on. My children and I have been without water for 3 days. Thank God our neighbor let us tap into their water spicket so for now we have a little water. It all started when I wanted to renovate the living quarters attached to our garage. I wanted to fix it up and hire a nanny to live there rent/utility free to watch the kids so I could get a job and not have to pay OUTRAGEOUS CHILDCARE prices Twisted Evil . And I forget who mentioned it but if I had the extra funds to have old laundry mat lady do my laundry and if I had extra money to pay the 12 kid down the road to do my yard work then I would have extra money to afford Childcare and therefore would not be in this position. Anyway, I doing better than when I first posted my B*TCH BOARD.. Laughing so, I will keep you posted. It is tough raising your children in todays world. Nothing is simple anymore!!!! It makes my job stressfull. I will be practicing "loving" to cook and "loving" to do dishes...it is going to be hard but I can do it.....talk to you able2know'ers soon. Very Happy
0 Replies