Deliver us from Democrats

mesquite

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 04:20 pm
Scrat wrote:
mesquite - Not sure how my earlier search missed it, but yes, the citation did use the word "God". Fair enough.

It was more than just God, he was speaking of choices between Devil and God.
Quote:
How about we agree that Hannity is a religious man and that you don't like that as a man of faith he sees the world and the choices we make in terms of that faith. Cool?

Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I do not mind a bit how he sees the world. I only said that what he had written was drivel, and quoted a paragraph as an example of that drivel. Fire and brimstone just doesn't much for me. To back up a few pages to where all this started
Scrat wrote:
Ahhhh... Hannity sees the world in terms of MORALS, and that means he's a whack-job. Got it. Gee, it's so clear once you point it out like that.

To which I replied
Mesquite wrote:
No, it is not that he sees the world in terms of morals that makes him a whack-job (your term). A moral code is a necessary part of any civilized society. It is that he sees the world in terms of black and white (good and evil) morals dredged from the OT.

I am still satisfied with what I wrote. Are you satisfied with yours?
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:53 am
mesquite wrote:
Quote:
How about we agree that Hannity is a religious man and that you don't like that as a man of faith he sees the world and the choices we make in terms of that faith. Cool?

Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I do not mind a bit how he sees the world. I only said that what he had written was drivel, and quoted a paragraph as an example of that drivel.

Why do you insist on having an embolism every time I try to find a way to state what I think your point is? If I'm wrong, just tell me. Don't go all mental about it. Rolling Eyes

And for the record, you didn't cite a paragraph of Hannity's, you cited a paragraph by an author writing about Hannity's book. Hannity didn't write that "God and Satan" line, the author of this review of his book did. If you want to attack the language Hannity uses, you need to find examples thereof. I'll be happy to listen.

Now take a deep breath, or a Valium, or something.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:31 am
Scrat wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Quote:

Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I do not mind a bit how he sees the world. I only said that what he had written was drivel, and quoted a paragraph as an example of that drivel.

Why do you insist on having an embolism every time I try to find a way to state what I think your point is? If I'm wrong, just tell me. Don't go all mental about it. Rolling Eyes

Going all mental??? Who is doing the eye roll??
Quote:
And for the record, you didn't cite a paragraph of Hannity's, you cited a paragraph by an author writing about Hannity's book. Hannity didn't write that "God and Satan" line, the author of this review of his book did. If you want to attack the language Hannity uses, you need to find examples thereof. I'll be happy to listen.

You are correct that it is unclear from that article just what were Hannity's exact words. The use of quotation marks leaves a lot to be desired in that piece. The way it is presented however led me to believe that the colorful phrasing was Hannity's words. In any even I am not so curious as to purchase the book just to find out. :wink:
Quote:
Hannity says we face moral choices between good and evil every day. If we make excuses for evil - Hitler was a "madman," a pedophile priest was "weak" or, as philandering actor Ethan Hawke recently advised us, Bill Clinton "suffered from" infidelity - soon we cease being able to distinguish good from evil at all. (I would add to the excuses for evil, "It's just about sex.") With each choice we make, large and small, we take a step closer to the devil or a step closer to God.

Quote:

Right on ! Heading off to play Whack-A-Scrat. Think I will use the mallet this time. Care to join me?? Smile
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:59 am
mesquite wrote:
Going all mental??? Who is doing the eye roll??

That would be the little smiley guy. -> Rolling Eyes

I'm a bit more pasty-complexioned, not so jaundiced. :wink:

(Likewise, that was not actually me winking just now.)

Quote:

You are correct that it is unclear from that article just what were Hannity's exact words. The use of quotation marks leaves a lot to be desired in that piece. The way it is presented however led me to believe that the colorful phrasing was Hannity's words. In any even I am not so curious as to purchase the book just to find out. :wink:
Quote:
Hannity says we face moral choices between good and evil every day. If we make excuses for evil - Hitler was a "madman," a pedophile priest was "weak" or, as philandering actor Ethan Hawke recently advised us, Bill Clinton "suffered from" infidelity - soon we cease being able to distinguish good from evil at all. (I would add to the excuses for evil, "It's just about sex.") With each choice we make, large and small, we take a step closer to the devil or a step closer to God.

Quote:

Right on ! Heading off to play Whack-A-Scrat. Think I will use the mallet this time. Care to join me?? Smile[/quote]
Actually, I was having fun with Clay Kitten Shooting, which someone pointed to from another discussion.

Enjoy the Scrat-whacking! Cool
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 12:35 pm
Scrat wrote:

Actually, I was having fun with Clay Kitten Shooting, which someone pointed to from another discussion.

Enjoy the Scrat-whacking! Cool

Clay Kitten Shooting is waaay to right wing for me. Smile
0 Replies