Invited a guy to my party & now he's mad at me???

Savings

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:17 pm
I invited this guy to my party and he got lost getting to my house. I told him my address 3 times and he has a smartphone with gps. He called me and texted me once saying "i'm lost" while during the time the party started and I didn't pick up because I didn't hear my phone going off. I was busy with my other 8 guests so I didn't hear my phone ringing. As soon as I realized he called me, I called him back and he didn't pick up. I texted him and called him back multiple times. He wouldn't pick up. Then 3 hours later he texts me saying he went back home. I apologized and all he said was "it's fine". WTF????? now he's ignoring me. Is it really my fault??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,890 • Replies: 9

roger

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:26 pm
@Savings,
No, and if he's really that dumb, don't invite him again.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:27 pm
@roger,
even if he's not really that dumb, don't invite him again...
roger

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Are you only saying that because he will try to shift the blame on other issues?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:06 pm
@roger,
nope.

if he's not dumb, he's full of drama...
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

nope.

if he's not dumb, he's full of drama...

And his actions could also be a sign of obvious immaturity. Does not need to be invited again to another event or party unless he shows signs of maturity and a degree of humbleness.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 12:07 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

even if he's not really that dumb, don't invite him again...

+1
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 05:08 am
@Savings,
If he can't even find your place with a GPS, he's an idiot and not worth worrying about.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 06:44 am
@Savings,
I've gotten lost using a GPS too. It's frustrating and if it's complicated finding your place, give him the benefit of the doubt. He probably felt like a fool.

Or maybe he has social anxiety and felt uncomfortable entering a party scene.

The question is: What do you want to do with this relationship? If you want to work it, then ask to meet again. And make sure both of you know where.

Mame

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 06:50 am
@PUNKEY,
I've had the experience of the GPS taking me down some strange and crazy routes, but I've always wound up at my destination. Without one in France, we would probably still be looking for our apartment. It saved us oodles of time and frustration.

They really need to upgrade these GPS's, though.
0 Replies