Does "science-free" mean "no-science"? Or "no-science-involved"?

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:14 am

Context:
As for the publisher that got Aline Noutcha to pony up a publication fee, the IP addresses in the e-mails from Scientific & Academic Publishing reveal that the operation is based in China, and the invoice they sent me asked for a direct transfer of $200 to a Hong Kong bank account.

The invoice arrived with good news: After a science-free review process, one of their journals—the International Journal of Cancer and Tumor—accepted the paper. Posing as lead author Alimo Atoa, I requested that it be withdrawn. I received a final message that reads like a surreal love letter from one fictional character to another:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 496 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:20 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Context:
As for the publisher that got Aline Noutcha to pony up a publication fee, the IP addresses in the e-mails from Scientific & Academic Publishing reveal that the operation is based in China, and the invoice they sent me asked for a direct transfer of $200 to a Hong Kong bank account.

The invoice arrived with good news: After a science-free review process, one of their journals—the International Journal of Cancer and Tumor—accepted the paper. Posing as lead author Alimo Atoa, I requested that it be withdrawn. I received a final message that reads like a surreal love letter from one fictional character to another:

Huh???
0 Replies

BillRM
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 09:44 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
After a science-free review process,

This just mean that there was no valid science peers review study done or required before they would publish the article.
0 Replies