Sequel to "Passion of the Christ"

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 09:47 am
Return of the 50 Foot Christ

A radiation modified Jesus walks through Jeruselem, crushing carts and peasants underfoot.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:13 am
The good, the bad and the holy.

After Angel Eyes and Tuco exhaust their thousands of rounds of ammunition (without missing Christ once), they take turns beating him with the shovel until both succumb to exposure. Christ takes a final puff off his cigar and through clenched teeth says "there's two kinds of people in this world; those who accept me as the savior and those who burn... You burn."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:15 am
Oh, OB, I hope you have a lighting rod on your roof! Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:41 am
LOL!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:49 am
"Oh God, its the sequel ..."
"The Christ Revolutions"

"Life after the Passion of the Christ: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:59 am
Oh my, I LOVE The Good, The Bad and The Holy

... and now for something completely different. I don't believe we've fully explored the possibility of a musical sequel:

Preachin' in the Rain - the Virgin Mary (Debbie Reynolds) and Christ hoof it during the start of the talkies, while Pontius Pilate perfects the art of synchronization.

O Apostle, Where Art Thou? - Jesus, Thomas and Simon (known as Peter) escape from a work farm in order to seek a treasure and prevent Mary Magdalene from marrying a bona fide suitor, Herod.

Christophenia - Jesus and his followers (the Mods) duke it out with the Romans (the Rockers) on a dreary, grey Brighton beach. Judas (Keith Moon) sings "Bell Boy".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
"Christ's Groundhog Day" Through the miracle of film, Christ is beaten, mauled, socked, caned, whipped (did I leave anything out?) and crucified only to wake up the next morning and have it start all over again.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:41 am
The Passion Part Two

"This Time He Won't Be Crossed"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:45 am
Bad, LW, baaad ... <grins>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:49 am
"Pension of the Christ"

The three Marys go to ourt over who is entitled to the savior's 401K.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:51 am
patiodog Laughing (I figured "ourt" wasn't some distant planet)

Don't worry, nimh, my the cable guy was here working on my internet cable connection and I tipped him so he would also give my lighting rod a much needed adjustment.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:52 am
Bi-Polar Bear: he may not be crossed but he would likely end up in an asylum.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 12:00 pm
Bowling for the Divine.
Michael Moore gives a detailed review the situation, thoroughly absolving the Jews by making it evident that the harsh beatings were really the fault of the whip, cane and assorted hardware manufacturers and suppliers. Christ still gets his ass kicked to high heaven but the viewer is left with a suspicion that it's somehow the hated republican's fault.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 12:04 pm
Quote:
patiodog (I figured "ourt" wasn't some distant planet)

From an old Jewish takeoff on Mork and Mindy: Mort from Ourt...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 12:12 pm
The Exorcist vs Godzilla

Christ and the priest go to the heathenland, Japan.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 01:19 pm
"Jesus and Maude"

After rising from the dead, Jesus continues to be obsessed with death, carrying his cross on top of a black hearse, until he meets Maude, who wants Jesus to live life to it's fullest....

from the film.....

Jesus: I decided right then that I'd enjoy being dead.
Maude: I understand. A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they're not dead, really. They're just... backing away from life. Reach out. Take a chance. Get hurt, even! Play as well as you can. Go team! GO! Give me an L! Give me an I! Give me a V! Give me an E! L. I. V. E. LIVE! ...Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room.
(Long pause)
Jesus: I like you, Maude.
Maude: Hmm. I like you, Jesus.

Soundtrack by Cat Stevens, featuring: "If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out"....

:-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 01:42 pm
Hey, Peace and Love ..

and with a funny post, too ... ;-)
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 01:48 pm
Hey, nimh.... good to 'see' you....

this thread is my top-favorite to date.... I haven't laughed like this for a long time.... :-)

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 01:49 pm
Well, Jesus wasn't faking suicide but if Mel could have figured out how to incorporate a hanging as well, I'm sure even that would be in his film.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 01:49 pm
(We all know he couldn't be drowned as he could walk on water).
0 Replies