Should CNBC anchor Joe Kernen be fired for Racist comments on Indians

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
I'm describing its usage, not prescribing it.

Quote:
Taking an emotional loaded word and redefining it in order to try to turn the emotional connected to that word to your benefits is a cheap trick and in the end devalue the very terms you are trying to make use of.

It's much the same as when you bandy about the word "anti-Semite" to refer to me because of my criticism of the state of Israel and the Zionists.
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 06:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
i'm describing its usage, not prescribing it.

Sorry but the tiny minority of people like you that used such terms incorrectly for their own reasons are not enough to change those meanings.

An if you did somehow manage to do so then they would not longer carry the emotional weight you are trying to tap into in the first place.

Quote:
It's much the same as when you bandy about the word "anti-Semite" to refer to me because of my criticism of the state of Israel and the Zionists.

The Anti-Semite label is indeed the correct label when apply to you and your positions concerning the nation state of Israel and the Jewish people as a whole.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:33 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
i'm describing its usage, not prescribing it.

Sorry but the tiny minority of people like you that used such terms incorrectly for their own reasons are not enough to change those meanings.

It's not a tiny minority that use the term as such, the stat you pulled out of your ass notwithstanding.

BillRM wrote:
Quote:

The Anti-Semite label is indeed the correct label when apply to you and your positions concerning the nation state of Israel and the Jewish people as a whole.

What have I said about the Jewish people as a whole?

Like you said, "taking an emotional loaded word and redefining it in order to try to turn the emotional connected to that word to your benefits is a cheap trick and in the end devalue the very terms you are trying to make use of."
JTT

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 07:50 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The Anti-Semite label

is as fatuous an epithet as the anti-American label. It's one of the first lunacies dragged out when the user can't address or face the facts.
Foofie

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:58 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

What have I said about the Jewish people as a whole?

The "hole" in the bagel is still Jewish, regardless how many Gentiles eat a bagel and like the hole.

Perhaps, a person that doesn't care for the bagel's hole is an anti-bagelite?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:05 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
The Anti-Semite label

is as fatuous an epithet as the anti-American label. It's one of the first lunacies dragged out when the user can't address or face the facts.

Well, anti-Semite refers to Jews. Anti-American refers to America the country, regardless of who is in power, be they the political party, the current policies, etc., etc. One term describes someone that believes that Jews are INHERENTLY a certain way, regardless if they were raised by non-Jewish parents, for example, and the other term describes someone that believes that America is INHERENTLY a certain way, regardless of who is alive, at that point in history, and running the country. Both terms do, in my opinion, reflect a blind hate. The key word being BLIND (not blind in the eyes, but blind in one's thinking).
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:30 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Well, anti-Semite refers to Jews. . . .
Point of Information, if I may ?
I was under the vague impression
that "anti-semite" refers to 2 different groups;
Jews and some other group. ( I m trying to remember; was it the Arabs? or the Moslems? something else ? )
Foofie

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foofie wrote:
Well, anti-Semite refers to Jews. . .
Point of Information, if I may ?
I was under the vague impression
that "anti-semite" refers to 2 different groups;
Jews and some different group. ( I m trying to remember; was it the Arabs? or the Moslems? something else ? )

In popular usage it only refers to today's Hebrews (aka, Jews). Arabs are Semites, but I haven't heard anyone use the term anti-Semite to refer to them. But, since there is now a population of Arabs in Europe, it might reflect a divine sense of humor, in that if Europeans did not care for those other Semites (Jews), here are some Semites you'll really love. Who said Jesus didn't have a sense of humor. Specifically, the descendants of those French, whose ancestors screamed "Hang Dreyfuss," might really be the recipients of a divine sense of humor.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:19 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Who said Jesus didn't have a sense of humor. Specifically, the descendants of those French, whose ancestors screamed "Hang Dreyfuss," might really be the recipients of a divine sense of humor.
It certainly had been easier for the French to condemn someone who spoke Jéddischdaitsch and whose family lived in Germany than to look closer at someone with a "noble surname" (Esterhazy).

I don't think that some screamed "Hang Dreyfuss" (or «Il mérite la pendaison»)., since they only used the guillotine in France. But since he was accused under 'article 76 du code pénal militaire' ... he got the highest possible punishment: déportation perpétuelle dans une enceinte.fortifiée.
Foofie

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I don't think that some screamed "Hang Dreyfuss" (or «Il mérite la pendaison»)., since they only used the guillotine in France. But since he was accused under 'article 76 du code pénal militaire' ... he got the highest possible punishment: déportation perpétuelle dans une enceinte.fortifiée.

I obviously wasn't there; however, that is what I read. The guillotine was used during the French Revolution.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:42 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
The guillotine was used during the French Revolution.
Indeed. And from then onwards until 10 September 1977.
0 Replies

osholuv

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 06:52 am
Let Morons stay at CNBC
0 Replies

a1brenner

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 06:07 am
@dileepp89,
Yes. He should be working on Fox news, he's way to biased, basically a tea party right winger.
a1brenner

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 06:12 am
@hawkeye10,
Unbelieveable, on his show to ward off criticisms he actually blocks emails from emails that say anything bad about him! Hence the management or producers aren't aware of the thousands of emails that should be seen by the management. He just talks over and interrupst any person who tries to talk with reason, just watch him shout and wave his arms trying to drown out people with a different view than his on
0 Replies

hawkeye11

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 10:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
who is the arbiter of "truth"? You? You dumb moron and fool
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 11:13 pm
@a1brenner,
a1brenner wrote:
Yes. He should be working on Fox news, he's way to biased,
basically a tea party right winger.
That is what America is all about! The Tea Party started it;
the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Its all about FREEDOM!

David
BillRM

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 05:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The Tea Party started it;

In what manner did the "Tea Party" started it?

Are you referring to the act of vandalism of throwing ships loads or tea in the Boston Harbor as that had to do with the English government allowing the East India Company to ship in dirt cheap tea and thereby causing merchants with warehouses full of more costly smuggle tea to face ruin.

Hmm come to think of it that does sound like the current tea party leadership protecting the elite from their illegal actions and at the same time ripping off the citizens that was too stupid to see it and all in the name of less taxes at least less taxes for the top ten percent or so.

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

Even with the Townshend duty in effect, the Tea Act would allow the East India Company to sell tea more cheaply than before, undercutting the prices offered by smugglers, but also undercutting colonial tea importers, who paid the tax and received no refund. In 1772, legally imported Bohea, the most common variety of tea, sold for about 3 shillings (3s) per pound.[34] After the Tea Act, colonial consignees would be able to sell it for 2 shillings per pound (2s), just under the smugglers' price of 2 shillings and 1 penny (2s 1d).[35]

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 05:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
As far as FREEDOM the Sons of Liberty who was behind the Boston Tea Party was a hoodlum gang that if you dare to exercise your FREEDOM not to take part in anti English actions would beat the hell out of you and or burn your properties to the ground.

Quote:

http://www.patriotshistoryusa.com/teaching-materials/bonus-materials/american-heroes-sam-adams-and-the-sons-of-liberty/

contended that the colonists had to oppose British tyranny dramatically—even with violence. He and members of the “Loyal Nine,” a secret group of Boston radicals, welded together a corps of husky South Boston “bully boys” to perform some of the more unsavory revolutionary tasks, including intimidating tax collectors and threatening British officials. Mob violence had always plagued Boston, but now the rioters attained a political role, which brought with it a certain revolutionary legitimacy.

The Sons of Liberty were under the direct command of Adams, who called the Mob out whenever he determined that a British action demanded a protest. Early on, he learned a trick of modern political protestors by making the riots appear spontaneous. Of course, Adams controlled them with precision, and aimed actions only at Royal officials, politicians, or tax collectors. The Mob burned Royalists in effigy from the “Liberty Tree,” stoned their houses, and tarred and feathered customs collectors. When Tory John Robinson was married, the Sons of Liberty surrounded his home on the honeymoon night, broke out all the windows, and shouted obscenities at the newlyweds until dawn.
But not all of the Mob’s activities were so prankish. Following passage of the Stamp Act (1765) the Sons of Liberty completely demolished Stamp Commissioner Oliver’s home and drank the entire contents of his wine cellar. He resigned his post the next day. Then the Mob proceeded in a drunken rage to Lieutenant Governor Thomas Hutchinson’s home, where an observer described the scene:

With respects to the Lieut. Governor’s House, where they ended their vile [transactions]…they had rais’d a greater Number and were intoxicated with Liquor, broke trio Windows, threw all his furniture out of kilo House, stamp’d upon the Chairs, Mahogany Tables, very handsome Large gilt-framed Pictures, the Pieces of which lay in Piles in the Street, open’d his Beds and let all the Feathers out, took ten thousand pounds in Cash, took all his Cloathes, Linnen, Plate, and everything he had, cut the Balcony off the Top of his House, pulled down all the Fruit Trees in his Garden, and did him in all 25,000 pounds damage.

Adams and the Sons of Liberty continued their activities until Independence was declared in 1776. The British government simply could not cope with the hundreds of rabble-rousers who took part in these riots, and after British troops fired on snowball-throwing civilians in the “Boston Massacre” of 1770, the image of the Royal Government dropped beyond redemption. Adams also likely played a role in organizing the band of “Indians” that held a “tea party” in Boston Harbor in 1773.
0 Replies