Mid cycle spotting for several days now

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 06:02 pm
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and I'm glad I found it!!

I do have a concern about some mid cycle spotting/bleeding that I've been having for about 5-6 days now. I have an average cycle of about 30 days (give or take a day or two). My last cycle started on the 2nd of this month and lasted about 4 days. I've already ovulated as I regularly experience ovulation pains along with the extra vaginal discharge. Sorry if too graphic, lol.

Anyways, I believe I ovulated on the 18th and that's when I noticed the small trace of pink tinted mucus. I thought nothing of it as I know it's normal for some women to experience mid cycle spotting due to an egg being released and I've experienced this only once before awhile back that I know of. However I'm still showing pink tinted mucus when I wipe. I've isolated the slight blood loss to my vagina and not my urethra or rectum. I don't have a UTI or any infection. Also last Friday I did experience a sensation that I was going to start my cycle but only found the pinkish red mucus. I'm in no pain and don't feel anything now so I don't know what to do or think.

My next period is expected on the 1st or2nd of the month. Why am I still experiencing this spotting? This morning I found more bloody mucus and I'm starting to get concerned as I never had this happen. Could it just be a hormonal imbalance or breakthrough bleeding? I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the insurance right now to see a Gynecologist.

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 06:24 pm
@CoffeeCreamer,
You told us almost everything except how old you are. That would be helpful info.

As far as insurance goes, look for a Planned Parenthood clinic near you. Their fees are on a sliding scale based upon your income levels.
CoffeeCreamer

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 06:37 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oops! I'm 27. I'm glad you brought up Planned Parenthood as I work right next to a clinic. I should go in and discuss the details with them as far as insurance goes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 03:57 am
@CoffeeCreamer,
oops I thought this was about bicycles. My bad.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 06:16 am
@CoffeeCreamer,
Yes, check in with PP!

Mid-cycle spotting coinciding with ovulation is common and normal, but if it's not normal for you then you should have it checked. Is a 4 day period normal for you? If you usually flow for 6-7 days then it's reasonable that the lining of your uterus didn't clear completely and it's doing so now.
0 Replies

CoffeeCreamer

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 02:52 pm
Thanks everyone for the replies! lol, I guess the title does sound like something to do with bicycles or cycling. Yes my average flow is about 4 days
0 Replies