Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 09:14 pm
I have been dating a girl for over a year. It is a very long distance. We met on a dating website and quickly were happy with our choice of each other. We both canceled our profiles and decided to make a go of it. The first 3 or 4 months were amazing. We spoke all the time. She was attentive and always interested. Everything seemed perfect so I decided I would fly out and we would meet "in real life". Nothing could of been better when we met-We spent an amazing 8 days ago and I left floating on a cloud. As soon as I returned we were already planning on meeting again. Between our first meeting the relationship was strong. She didn't stay up as late talking to me-but I just chalked it up to us settling into a pattern of this long distant relationship and time difference. I flew out 3 months later and we spent 2 weeks together. I popped the question and she accepted! Everything seemed great. Once I caught her in bed talking to a guy on Facebook and I asked her about it. She said it was just some guy from another country that had a crush on her friend from the last time they went on vacation there. I told her "we are laying in bed together and you want to talk to this guy instead of spending time with me?". We had our first argument. During my stay she seemed to dedicate a lot of time to her phone and speaking with people. I was not pleased-I felt like I had traveled very far and did a lot to spend time with her. She didn't seem to understand my position. When I returned from my 2nd trip the relationship seemed to diminish even more. She began to become less interested and spent less and less time talking to me. Answers and questions became less frequent-more silence in between our talk and response. "Going to bed" when in fact I saw she was on social networking sites. We began to have more disagreements and little things began to irritate each other. We thought maybe it was just the distance and not seeing each other. We planned on spending a vacation together on the Sea. Between this plan and actually seeing each other. She had a strange person added to one of her social networking sites. It was an obvious fake-fake photos "an Italian model photo" along with some various other photos-none that would indicate who it really was. The strange thing was this "person" only had one friend on his network-her. I didn't think anything of it and just chalked it up to possibly just a fake stupid profile. When I arrived for my third visit everything seemed ok. Holding hands-some affection etc. We had some good times but there was a lot more times of arguing and disagreeing. Things that had never happened before on the first two visits. Strange one day I saw this "fake profile" write to her when we were sitting by the sea-my heart dropped. I thought it wasn't even real! I asked her what she was doing and she said "Talking to my mom". I said-well you are not telling me the truth-I just say some man write you. I asked who it was and she said "co worker". I said a friend-she said no just a "co worker". I thought it was strange-why is a co worker writing you on vacation? Another time in our trip she was speaking to this "co worker" and her phone was going to die. She told me she had to go upstairs to our room and finish talking to her "mom". Bells were going of in my head. She returned about 15 minutes later as if nothing happened. She confessed to me that she had thought what would it be like if she just stayed in Russia and didn't come to the USA to be with me-but then she said it was just a silly thought in her head she dismissed. She also mentioned that maybe we should not be trying to talk to each other every hour on the hour like we were. I must add before we went on this 3rd trip together she went to go meet one of her female friends two different times later in the evening, around 11 Pm to "talk to her about her bf and the problems they were having". I thought it was very odd hours and that they would go meet out on the street to do it. I returned from last trip feeling ok-but had some strange feelings. When I returned I noticed the "co worker" and her were on the social networking site at the same time and mostly logging off around the same time. I knew right then that they were on the site to speak with each other. I asked her again about this co worker and she was defensive-"he is married with a child!". You see that my status's are that I am engaged. A few days ago I received a message on my Facebook from some guy that said basically "trust me-your girlfriend has some secrets-I know her". I confronted her about this and was obviously shook up over it. She said I should just laugh and delete it if I loved her. In the end we ended up getting into a big fight over it. She told me she wanted to go away for the weekend alone to "think about things". That she was having doubts and didn't know if she wanted to deal with my mistrust and jealousy. She said she didn't know if she could live in the USA with me if this would be the way it is. Well yesterday she "went to bed" and I saw her and this guy on the site-they both were up at 2 am speaking (remember he only has ONE FRIEND on his social site). I had enough, my blood was boiling. I confronted her and she basically said I was crazy and she had no idea what was going on-she was asleep and had her music on. I told her I didn't believe her-that something was going on about this guy and I know that he is just more than a co worker. We had a big blow up and talked about ending the relationship. This morning I noticed the "co worker" disappeared and was soon replaced by a man with a normal name-with photos of himself-a list of 15 friends and photos of his daughter on there. I am positive this man who was added now is the real person she is speaking with-not the "model photo" with the fake name. The man who now recently appeared on her social site has 4 friends in common with her-all work friends..............So here I am now. She has left to go into the Ukraine-alone-with no phone service until Sunday. Our relationship is more than on the rocks. She left-obviously very upset-not interested in speaking with me-but she kept all of her social sites up-still friends with me-still engaged. I am positive that she is having a relationship with this man. I believe she has met him-taken photos for him (she sent me some nude photos out of no where one day)-saying she was thinking of me-then took them. She on two other occasions just said to me-I took this photo for you this morning at work when you were sleeping. I didn't believe her. There is obviously a relationship going on. She is showing all signs of lying and sneaking around. My question is-what do I do now? We spoke about her returning my ring and other things that I had bought for her. I have spent a lot of money visiting her and buying her things over our relationship. She told me she was worried if she returned them that "The Russian post office would steal them". I am numb and have no idea what to do. We also spoke about canceling our Fiance visa-I have no idea what will happen in the next 72 hours. Any advice-if I am paranoid or if I have a real reason to be concerned.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,238 • Replies: 9

Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 11:35 pm
@hiyadews,
I'll read this when Readers Digest bring out the condensed version.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 10:44 am
@hiyadews,
1) Things you give to a lover are GIFTS and should not be expected to be returned.

2) Usually if the woman breaks the engagement , she returns the ring.

3) You have learned an expensive lesson.

You want out of this relationship because trust is down and you two are fighting all the time. Either she cannot be honest with you OR you are seeing this entire situation wrongly.

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 11:27 am
My teeth are now itching.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 11:30 am
@hiyadews,
Best of luck Hi but you might gain more response condensing your thoughts then paragraphing in a logical manner, esp placing carriage returns between

Also to better respond some of us might like to know a bit more about you, as an aside-- without anything critical to your ID, age, nat'l or eth, ed., fam, relig, etc
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 01:05 am
I wouldn't mind importing a Russian bride, we could honeymoon in romantic Stalingrad and visit the Tractor Factory, and then wander hand-in-hand through the antitank ditches by moonlight
roger

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 01:20 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Or find a tractor factory surrounded by concertina wire.
0 Replies

nomibucha100

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 04:08 am
@PUNKEY,
this is only the way breakup with her
0 Replies

thisismechanging

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:47 pm
@hiyadews,
Hiyadews: Welcome to the world of long-distance relationships. There is a reason why they fail so often. Regular relationships are hard enough because so much communication gets misunderstood: if your main mode of communication is Facebook, then you're bound to have problems.

Why do you want to be with this woman? You should take a long, hard and scrutinizing look at your real feelings and motives. Often, in international relationships, the main reason why you are actually attracted to the other is simply the novelty of being with a foreigner: even mundane bits of information about the other seems exciting because you not only evaluate the other person, but a totally different nationality as well. You might also be infatuated with the idea of associating yourself with the foreign country, which makes you feel renewed and special.

Anyway, from reading this, I have three opinions:
1) Breaking up is unavoidable, no matter if it's today or in 3 years when the novelty had worn off and you realize you are in a relationship with a woman whom you can't trust.

2)You do seem like a jealous and demanding type of fiancé. There are plenty of women who do not mind that you are going through their social media acquintances or timing their meetings with their friends, or who want to spend 24/7 with you on Facebook when you're not around each other. Clearly this is just not the optimal situation for your Russian lady, and she's starting to get bored with this lifestyle. She probably has a relationship with a co-worker because unlike with you, she actually spends physical time with this guy every day. That can become a very attractive option after living your life online for a year.

3) If you two spent more time with each other, it's likely that you would notice you are not meant to be with each other anyway. When you're in a long-distance relationship, you are actually dating a self-created fantasy that's occasionally supported by real, live sex. Once you actually move in together, you crash down hard when your fantasy shatters, and even the smallest things about this stranger that you're now living with becomes unbearable. This is why I recommend that you do not ask for her to quit her job and move in with you to another continent because it's likely that you will both regret it (unless she really wants to move to the US anyway).

I'm wishing you guys luck, but as somebody who has experienced a long-distance relationship with a foreign guy, I can safely tell you that while it was an interesting time of my life, I really don't miss the actual relationship or the guy in question.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 02:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

I wouldn't mind importing a Russian bride, we could honeymoon in romantic Stalingrad and visit the Tractor Factory, and then wander hand-in-hand through the antitank ditches by moonlight

And then you'd **** her senseless?
0 Replies