Did I Hear Bush Right

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:26 pm
I am just going to tackle #3

Quote:
3) There is nothing inherently wrong with a person of faith acting based on his understanding of that faith and his belief in what God intends for him and circles of society around him.

Even if that person is Osama bin Laden?

A thousand years from now it will be written that for ten thousand years human beings fought and died over beliefs in such things as mythical beasts and supernatural beings, that cities and nations were leveled because one group decreed the beliefs of another false while they faced the same accusation from a third and a fourth group. Finally, exhausted by millenia of conflict based on imaginary beings, humans accepted their own humanity and found that it, not some other power, made them whole and worthy and at last they could embrace all other humans as equals.

And the bells rang out
throughout the earth and stars
and lovelight reigned supreme.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:47 am
and if i might paraphrase Joe (sans poetry);

the problem here is the 'disconnect' between 'faith' and 'common sense'; only a fool (be it Bush, or Bin Laden) would believe that a deity that champions good fair and decent treatment for all humankind, would endorse the wanton murder of thousands of inocent victims, in the name of 'his will'!

And the most frightening part of this is the demonstration that both these murderers are cut from the same cloth - could have been 'brothers'!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 08:09 am
BoGoWo wrote:
and if i might paraphrase Joe (sans poetry);

the problem here is the 'disconnect' between 'faith' and 'common sense'; only a fool (be it Bush, or Bin Laden) would believe that a deity that champions good fair and decent treatment for all humankind, would endorse the wanton murder of thousands of inocent victims, in the name of 'his will'!

And the most frightening part of this is the demonstration that both these murderers are cut from the same cloth - could have been 'brothers'!

ARE brothers..but as some people call their parents mom and dad and some call them ma and pa, at the end of the day they both call upon the same deity to justify their actions, the same deity by any name.....and whether purposeful or not, the diety directing their actions is Lucifer. IMHO.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
God I would think does not play a roll in the evil things we do. But it seems much evil exists in people and that many of those people love to hide behind the image of a God when they are only acting as humans do.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 10:18 am
Absolutely, JD! Well said!
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:02 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I am just going to tackle #3

Quote:
3) There is nothing inherently wrong with a person of faith acting based on his understanding of that faith and his belief in what God intends for him and circles of society around him.

Even if that person is Osama bin Laden?

Yes.

Next question...
0 Replies