Does "have the right with others" mean "have the right that other people possess"?

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:45 pm

Context:

I am an American, have the right with others, then, stand on the competitive stage. (Obama)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 721 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:46 pm
@oristarA,
Are you sure that's an accurate quote?
Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 06:48 pm
I did a literal word search, and i can't find that quote.
oristarA

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 07:39 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Are you sure that's an accurate quote?

Yeah. I've rechecked out the quote in the article titled Equality of Opportunity and Competition in the book Talk about Obama in English Language.
0 Replies

Setanta
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 02:06 am
Well, as i said, i can't find the quote anywhere. If it were written as follows:

I am an American, and I have the right with others, then, to stand on the competitive stage.

. . . then i would answer your question with yes.
oristarA

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 02:21 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Well, as i said, i can't find the quote anywhere. If it were written as follows:

I am an American, and I have the right with others, then, to stand on the competitive stage.

. . . then i would answer your question with yes.

But such rewriting doesn't reflect the distinction of being an American.
Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 03:04 am
@oristarA,
Sure, Buddy, if you say so.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 05:16 am
@Setanta,
Deep search gives a Chinese blog:

Quote:
The idea of equal opportunity which impenetrate American minds is the core element of Obama’ succeeds.

During decades of years, Obama had degenerated and self-denial as his blood ago, yet, he return at the earliest time to the right path, that is because he insisted that such belief: equal opportunity. In his book “Dream from My Father”, he confessed he had smoked marijuana, and "searched for racial identity”. Finally, he found—I am an American have the right with others, then, stand on the competitive stage.

Whether you are nothing before, such as Abraham Lincoln, or you were born in “blue blood” such as George w Bush, if only self-reliance enough, hard working enough, and understand how to competition, you shall have the opportunities to successful road. As many American said: Obama’ victory once again proofs the authenticity of the American, the ordinary could reach success, either. Obama was an ordinary before.

Obama described himself: I am the son of a black man from Kenya and a white woman from Kansas. I was raised with the help of a white grandmother who survived a Depression to serve in Patton’s army during World War2 and a white grandfather who worked on a bomber assembly line at FORT Leavenworth while he was oversea. I’ve gone to some of the best schools in American and lived in one of the world’s poorest nations. I am married to a black American who carries within her blood of slaves and slave owners—an inheritance we pass on to our two precious daughters. I have brother, sister, nieces, nephews, uncles and cousins, of every race and every hue, scattered across three continents.
oristarA

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 06:04 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Deep search gives a Chinese blog:

Quote:
The idea of equal opportunity which impenetrates American minds is the core element of Obama’ succeeds.

During decades of years, Obama had degenerated and self-denial as his blood ago, yet, he returns at the earliest time to the right path, that is because he insisted that such belief: equal opportunity. In his book “Dream from My Father”, he confessed he had smoked marijuana, and "searched for racial identity”. Finally, he found—I am an American have the right with others, then, stand on the competitive stage.

Whether you are nothing before, such as Abraham Lincoln, or you were born in “blue blood” such as George w Bush, if only self-reliance enough, hard working enough, and understand how to competition, you shall have the opportunities to successful road. As many American said: Obama’ victory once again proofs the authenticity of the American, the ordinary could reach success, either. Obama was an ordinary before.

Obama described himself: I am the son of a black man from Kenya and a white woman from Kansas. I was raised with the help of a white grandmother who survived a Depression to serve in Patton’s army during World War2 and a white grandfather who worked on a bomber assembly line at FORT Leavenworth while he was oversea. I’ve gone to some of the best schools in American and lived in one of the world’s poorest nations. I am married to a black American who carries within her blood of slaves and slave owners—an inheritance we pass on to our two precious daughters. I have brother, sister, nieces, nephews, uncles and cousins, of every race and every hue, scattered across three continents.

The authenticity of the text is suspicious. There are lot of grammatical errors there.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 08:04 am
0 Replies