UK on Syria: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"

BillRM

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 09:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Israel is the biggest terrorist organisation in the Middle East. Their kill rate puts all the others to shame.

Yes they are a terrorist nation as when they are attacks time after time they tend to do a wonderful job of defending themselves.

Of course when the US was face by having such unfriendly neighbors that would not only raid by themselves but would joined up with such foreign powers as France and England to fight us we keep moving them west always from our centers of populations.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 10:00 pm
@0bserver,
Quote:
But all this is history. Now there are crimes against humanity occurring in Syria, and the great moral world is letting it happen because doing something is scary

There's also the minor detail of not really knowing who has used poison gas.....
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 10:05 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
There's also the minor detail of not really knowing who has used poison gas.....

Sure we do not know who used the gas...........
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 10:48 pm
@gungasnake,
You can say that you can't trust the Israelis because they have conflicts of interest. Or you don't trust the French for what ever reason. Same on the other side - I don't want to trust Mr. Putin because he has opposite conflicts of interest. But Mr. Obama is the last person on the planet to be interested in admitting that Assad was the one to use chemical weapons. He is the one who actually has to act .. against his own will I guess. So If even he admits it now, I think chances of that being wrong are very low.
roger

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 11:09 pm
@0bserver,
That's an interesting line of thought, and you make a good point. Not proof, but a good point.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 02:05 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

That's an interesting line of thought, and you make a good point. Not proof, but a good point.

are you kidding me? obama has a perpetual stick up his ass, an excuse for moral indignation is better than a **** with a $3,ooo hooker for him. Reason be damned.
roger

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 02:27 am
@hawkeye10,
Not if it holds him to action he neither wanted nor expected.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 02:36 am
@roger,
like the parent who before administering a whipping says " this hurts me more than it hurts you".

Baloney. Obama is in this ridiculous mess fully because of his moral righteousness, THAT is his motivation, THAT is what he cares about and is feeding...it is not good sense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 03:36 am
@0bserver,
I didn't think you'd approve of an organisation that supports human rights.
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:14 am
@izzythepush,
Where did I say I did not approve of them? Should I repeat: I like the fact that they exist. But they exist to criticise Israel, which is important and I aprove that. But there are positive sides to Israel - a whole lot of them, which they ignore. Well because it's not their job. And you ignore, well because you just hate Israel. You couldn't squeeze a single positive thing about Israel out of your head. And I like how you always ignore 90% of what I say in the perpetual hunt for excuses to start a fight. This is not an argument even - this is abuse, like in that M. Pyton sketch - humor - another UK thing I do like. You seem just incapable of opening your mind a tiny bit - very sad
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:32 am
@0bserver,
They criticise all human rights abuses, not just those perpetrated by the state of Israel. The fact that they come across as just being critical of Israel shows how lopsided the power balance is.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:34 am
@0bserver,
Why don't you tell us all the wonderful things about Israel. Apparently Sun City was a pretty fantastic resort to visit in its day.

Monty Python is very very old.
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:37 am
@izzythepush,
Lets assume they are not biased, are human right abuses the only thing that exists in the world?
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:39 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry, this is starting to get boring..
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:45 am
@0bserver,
No, but it's not something that should be just brushed under the carpet. If it was we'd be having warm and friendly relations with North Korea.
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:03 am
@izzythepush,
And we do have warm relations with the UK despite its occupation of Afghanistan. We can go in circles like this forever..

I think I get it now - conflict and hatred is just your fun. My goal is to understand the other side and to find the middle ground. I thought you were just ignorant, and I tried to correct your wrong views where I could. No, you intentionally chose to ignore any information that does not get you your fun of hatred. And you absorb any information - reliable or not that helps you maintain your hatred, and you amplify it in your head tenfold. Any information that can bring you closer to resolution of a conflict is in the way of your fun, so you chose to ignore it.

I'm not going to fight with you like others do here - this is not my fun. And to you too I also suggest - get a nice beer, relax, and stop looking for conflicts - they ruin our health.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:20 am
@0bserver,
You've not tried to absorb any information at all, you ignore or belittle any information that does not fit in with your world view which is that the only reason there is no peace in the Middle East is because the Palestinians fire rockets into Israel. You refuse to acknowledge the brutality of the occupation, and accept the IDF's view of everything.

Grudgingly you accept that there may be one or two right wing settlers that don't act properly, but you talk as if they're the odd bad apple as opposed to the general trend.

As for ignorance, you lied about British troops sending Jews to the Nazis and made unfounded sneers about the situation in Gibraltar and the Falklands. You don't seem to understand the differences between the British Government and the EU despite Walter trying, (very valiantly I might add) to explain those differences.

The reason you're not making any headway with people like myself and CI, (who has witnessed the brutality of the occupation,) is that we're quite familiar with the spin Israel puts on things, but we prefer to see the whole truth, however unpalatable that may be. You're the ignorant one, you choose to accept Israel's narrative because you're not prepared to face up to reality.

The story of Israel is seductive, a persecuted people finally finding a homeland after hundreds of years. What's not to love about that? But you're letting this beautiful story blind you to the reality of what's going on.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:29 am
@0bserver,
By the way Observer, if you're really interested in combatting anti-Semitism as opposed to spinning out Israel's narrative, why don't you seek to inform Reasoning Logic, who uses Israel's treatment of the Palestinians to justify his Holocaust denial.

http://able2know.org/topic/220027-35#post-5424533
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:31 am
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:
I think I get it now - conflict and hatred is just your fun.

You get nothing, there's lots of threads on A2K about all sorts of things. It's not just a forum for discussing the Middle East.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:31 am
@izzythepush,
No "people" can be said to be beautiful izzy. And especially not one with a homeland, an essential aspect of a "people", which has a long history of the worst sort of persecution and is surrounded by other "peoples" which intend persecuting it again and are doing.