UK on Syria: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"

0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 05:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Not me. izzythepush brought up Canada.
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 05:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Right. Looks like Mr. Obama is aiming at the same result in the US now. You should see the cartoons in Arabic media.. Basically they say that Assad won.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 07:07 am
@0bserver,
You brought up the UK. There was already a thread in existence about Syria, you started this thread specifically to denigrate the UK.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 07:08 am
@hawkeye10,
You're the one who plays the victim, not me.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 07:11 am
@0bserver,
We're not imposing ourselves on Israel, we're demanding strict labelling if they want to trade with us. They still have favoured nation status.

Canada is far from neutral. You showed your clear bias in favour of Israel when you refused George Galloway permission to enter.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 09:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You brought up the UK. There was already a thread in existence about Syria, you started this thread specifically to denigrate the UK.
It looks like it, at the least.
Miller

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:16 pm
@0bserver,
What are you talking about?
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
"Denigrate"? No. The UK House of Commons just voted, and I am disappointed. You can be only disappointed if you still have some expectations. I still think the UK is one of the advanced societies, and I am disappointed by this vote. I am not disappointed by Iran's reaction for example.
Miller

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:23 pm
@0bserver,
0bserver wrote:

When was your city last hit by rockets

Boston, my City, was attacked last April on Patriots Day by two Russians who who killed several individuals and injured hundreds of bystanders via multiple bombings.

0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
George Galloway, OK - lets see:
"Hezbollah has never been a terrorist organisation!"
"Syrian troops in Lebanon maintain stability and protect the country from Israel"
"Israel was the only country with any interest and any benefit to gain from the assassination of the martyr Rafiq Al-Hariri."

Do you also think Hezbollah are not related to the Burgas bus bombing etc?
It's funny the EU called some military arm of Hizbollah a terrorist group. It has no arms - the EU invented them.
BTW, you ask why the UK is perceived as highly anti-Israeli and biased? Well, MPs like this one, and the "bloody Jew" genius are some of the reasons.

Oh, and it's not only Canada. If you prefer the opinion of an Arab country, here you go:

"The Foreign Ministry of Egypt released a statement reading: "George Galloway is considered persona non grata and will not be allowed to enter into Egypt again"
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Not at all. If Ottawa votes like that - I will be equally disappointed. I'm very disappointed in the president of the US, but I saw there is already a post on his latest U-turn.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:38 pm
@0bserver,
My understanding is that there will be no vote in Ottawa. The decision has been made by Mr. Harper already.
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:49 pm
@Miller,
My sincere condolences about the Boston bombings. They were not Russians - they were Chechens I think, and they are actually Russia's enemies. Not that it matters a lot for the victims.

So if you understand how bad one bombing can be, you must understand how bad a constant flow of rockets and suicide bombers is. So I don't know why you say things like "mad rush of citizens to buy gas masks". This is just a wise and normal reaction - there is a chance you're going to be hit by chemical rockets - better go and renew your mask. And the gas masks are free from the government - not bought by the citizens.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:51 pm
@0bserver,
George Galloway is a really decent man, full of integrity who cares deeply for his constituents and peace in general.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:52 pm
@0bserver,
The Chechens are Russia's enemy? They're part of Russia. Miller was correct.
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Probably not. Frankly, I had less expectations from Ottawa, even with Harper there than from the UK and the US. That's why I'm disappointed by those two mainly.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Depends. If you mean their official country - yes it is Russia. Their ethnicity is Chechen, and they will be happy if Russia leaves them alone. You really don't know about Russia fighting the Chechens for about two centuries now? And you don't know what happened to the city of Grozny?
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 02:58 pm
@izzythepush,
That's your opinion. Others think differently.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 03:03 pm
@0bserver,
Don't be ridiculous, I know all about it. Although focussing on their Chechen ethnicity in order to score cheap points off Miller is intellectually dishonest. It implies that their motivation is Chechen separatism, a cause that cannot be furthered in any shape or form by an attack on America.

It looks as if their motivation is an Islamic caliphate, not nationalism.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 03:04 pm
@0bserver,
He's democratically elected, and only those countries that want to stifle free speech would keep him out, countries like Egypt and...