Why is it so important to refute Christianity?

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:36 am
Finally, survey in Bangladesh shows that out of 100 participants, 98 were able to understand texts below, pasted from serbian media. One of them, however, claimed that yugoslav president Kostunica is not Serb, but rather Croatian Muslim, that has american citizenship and votes for Democrats. Other one that failed to understand was Pete the Beaver, wooden mascot of basketball team of Dacca University.

Walls and basketball goals in a school in Nis were defaced with Nazi-style graffiti during the weekend.

"We burnt down the mosque, now it's your turn, starting with the youngest," is one of the slogans which appeared overnight on May 1, together with swastikas.

The slogan refers to the burning of the town's mosque during the March ethnic riots in Kosovo.

The director of the towns Multicultural Integration Bureau, Radoslav Salijevic, said that the graffiti had been discovered and reported to him by children playing basketball.

"There are a lot of Roma children in the school and the school is an area with a large Roma population, so this is probably a reaction to that.

Police had been informed, said Salijevic, adding that there had been no reaction in local media

Neo-Nazis last night covered the door of B92's Belgrade cultural centre with swastika stickers in what appears to be one of a series of racist incidents in the capital.

The vandals struck at the Rex Centre at around 1.30am, covering the door with stickers depicting swastikas and a raised hand directed at Roma, Jewish and black people. The centre is currently holding an exhibition on Roma entitled "Belgraders".

The vandals were scared off by a security guard, who called the police. Rex employee Sinisa Rogic told B92: "A patrol came over, and told us that the same thing had happened at the synagogue and the Jewish cemetery, where they even stuck up posters and spray-painted swastikas and Nazi symbols."

The stickers included a website address of US-based "Nazi-Lauck". The site, which also has Serbian pages, includes order forms for more stickers and the first Nazi computer game.

Yugoslav President Vojislav Kostunica has expressed his disgust at the Nazi posters that have appeared around Belgrade in the last few days.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:41 am
I say again, as far as I have ever been able to tell, none of the claims of Serbian atrocities over the last dozen years will bear close examination.

Aside from ordinary lies and propaganda, it is now known that the Bosnians in particular were willing, on a number of occasions, to kill sizeable numbers of their own people in fabricated Serbian atrocities in order to secure Western intervention.

http://www.balkanpeace.org/cib/bos/boss/boss06.shtml
http://www.compuserb.com/wtimesad/wtadtext.htm

From the Wash Times article:

Quote:
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:50 am
One final thing I'm going to add here and then I'm through with this particular thread.

I am not Serbian, slavic, or a member of the Orthodox church nor do I have any connection with any such group. I have absolutely no axe to grind nor any horse in this race at all. I am an ordinary American citizen and am simply tired of constantly watching my fellow Americans being played for suckers by people who who any reasonable person would view as gangsters and barbarians.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:53 am
of course not Surprised Serbs claiming guilt and apologizing to Croats or Bosnians is also part of that propaganda Idea

Now, what do you think, which arguments are stronger? Those of SERBS WRITING ABOUT SERBIAN ATROCITIES AND SERBS ADMITING THEM AND SERBS APOLOGIZING TO OTHERS FOR WHAT THEY DID.....

Or maybe Surprised Surprised Surprised those yours, from serbian websites claiming that Serbs did nothing wrong?

Shall we check with recent survey that peruvian scientists did among 100 wild animals?

I will not call you any names, not because it's against the TOS, but because I don't want you to insult you because of your opinion. But I really really wonder do you EVER think?
Do you?
Look, I'll repeat:

Now, what do you think, which arguments are stronger? Those of SERBS WRITING ABOUT SERBIAN ATROCITIES AND SERBS ADMITING THEM AND SERBS APOLOGIZING TO OTHERS FOR WHAT THEY DID.....

Or maybe Surprised Surprised Surprised those yours, from serbian websites claiming that Serbs did nothing wrong?

Edit x 2: Details if that's long reading? Serbian vice admirals admiting war crimes, Montenegrian PRESIDENT apologizing for Montenegrian role in serbian agression on Croatia, Serbs themselves prosecuting soldiers that massacred Croats from Vukovar hospital, Serbs admiting terrible crimes in Bosnia, serbian sources writing about it, serbian sources writing about Nazi incidents in Serbia.....
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:54 am
before you mentioned that you are not Serb I suspected that you might be.
Now I know you are.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 10:02 am
to other posters - with my sincere apology for such amount of text we both (especially me) provided, and with sincere apology for taking a wrong turn in this topic (but that happens in arguments sometimes) I must add that, unlike swolf, that thinks that all or most Croats, Slovenes, Bosnians and others are scum and barbars - I am NOT and WILL NEVER think that majority of serbian people is responsible for actions by their little Hitler wannabe president and scum that happened to be of their nationality, but is same as every scum in every country.
Majority of serbian people are normal and nice, as well as majority of Americans, Croats, Iraqis, Peruvians or Belgians (and I hope Rick'd'Israeli will not disagree about Belgians Wink )
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 12:31 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Oh but you see, Christianity as I understand it is perfectly logical. To assume that you have never seen a Christian (or any theist for that matter) who followed the laws of logic is I believe illogical. Even science does not require that things be known and seen to believe they are there.

Then it's clear you understand neither Christianity nor logic. One of the most basic tenets of logic is that you don't believe something without objective support. There isn't a shred of objective evidence for the existence of any god, therefore believing in any god is illogical. Blind faith has no place in logic.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 12:33 pm
that's the spirit Cephus - ignore those jerks (is it against TOS to called yourself jerk? Smile ) that took wrong turn Wink
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 02:13 pm
I'm glad it's clear to you Cephas if that makes you happy. I will stand on my previous statement, however.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 02:35 pm
swolf wrote:

Basically Abu Ghraib does not represent TRADITIONAL American values; it represents Clinton-age values perfectly well.

You really are all the same. When you don't like the history or the facts, you simply rewrite them to suit your own putrid values.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 04:44 pm
Wilso wrote:
swolf wrote:

Basically Abu Ghraib does not represent TRADITIONAL American values; it represents Clinton-age values perfectly well.

You really are all the same. When you don't like the history or the facts, you simply rewrite them to suit your own putrid values.

Putrid values??

http://members.aol.com/labrecords/cacover.jpg
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:02 pm
Cephus wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

There isn't a shred of objective evidence for the existence of any god...

Yeah there is. Drive out to your local Home Depot or other building supply store and check out the charcoal broilers:

http://www.thegrillstoreandmore.com/image/products/big-pics/GC400-PB.jpg

See if you can find one that operates itself. You can't, you say?

Likewise, since it's basically inconceivably to picture blasphemers like yourself not burning in hell and since hell cannot plausibly operate itself any more than the any of the broilers could, the devil exists and, since it is not possible to picture the devil ruling the universe alone (there'd be nothing good in the world at all), God must exist.

QED.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:25 pm
LEST WE FORGET

"Why is it so important to refute Christianity?"

The venomous refute post on the last 25 pages
of this forum have certainly answered that
question. Christianty is the last stronghold that is
keeping America and this world from going totally
to hell in a handbag. Literally.

Please click on the LEST WE FORGET presentation
above (4.75 min. long) and please notice the small
white word "info" on the last black still frame. Click
on that word and the information will self scroll. If
you don't do anything else, please take note of the
last two lines.

And God Bless America.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:43 am
swolf wrote:
Cephus wrote:
There isn't a shred of objective evidence for the existence of any god...

Yeah there is. Drive out to your local Home Depot or other building supply store and check out the charcoal broilers

See if you can find one that operates itself. You can't, you say?

Likewise, since it's basically inconceivably to picture blasphemers like yourself not burning in hell and since hell cannot plausibly operate itself any more than the any of the broilers could, the devil exists and, since it is not possible to picture the devil ruling the universe alone (there'd be nothing good in the world at all), God must exist.

QED.

This is way too cool for me. You must be divine creature.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:50 am
have you thought about possibility that hell actually IS operated by broilers? You don't think that broilers on Earth and in hell are same, do you?
And, after all, how do you know that broilers cannot operate itself here on Earth? Only because you don't understand that? I thought lots of divine is beyond human ability to understand.
Maybe broilers operate itself and they only gave you illusion that you had something to do with it - because, otherwise, you could think that your existance is pointless?
What if you end up in Land of Broilers when you die? I respect your beliefs (I really do), but that doesn't mean that you should make fun of other possibilities. Stick with your beliefs. But don't make fun of broilers. Cause you never know....
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:16 am
zgreatarteest wrote:
LEST WE FORGET

"Why is it so important to refute Christianity?"

The venomous refute post on the last 25 pages
of this forum have certainly answered that
question. Christianty is the last stronghold that is
keeping America and this world from going totally
to hell in a handbag. Literally.

I was starting to think I was the only one who had noticed the problem. I mean, to me, wanting to get rid of Christianity is like living in India and wanting to get rid of your pet mongoose. I mean, how stupid would you have to be?

I mean, there are some SERIOUSLY ignorant people on this forum.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:18 am
or wise beyond your wildest dreams (myself excluded, obviously)!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:30 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
have you thought about possibility that hell actually IS operated by broilers? You don't think that broilers on Earth and in hell are same, do you?
And, after all, how do you know that broilers cannot operate itself here on Earth? Only because you don't understand that? I thought lots of divine is beyond human ability to understand.
Maybe broilers operate itself and they only gave you illusion that you had something to do with it - because, otherwise, you could think that your existance is pointless?
What if you end up in Land of Broilers when you die? I respect your beliefs (I really do), but that doesn't mean that you should make fun of other possibilities. Stick with your beliefs. But don't make fun of broilers. Cause you never know....

This could be true, MyOwnUserName. Most broilers these days are run on natural gas, which is really what fuels hell. Just remember those long car rides with your dad after a few beers and a chili dog, in the heat of the summer, with no air conditioning. Now that is truly hell.

To address Foxfyre's post regarding Christianity being logical, well, yes, it is, but far too many illogical people subscribe to it, and therein lies the danger, with Christianity, or any religion.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:32 am
Pfft...you will never get 'rid' of religion. All I say is 'use responsibly.'
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:01 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I'm glad it's clear to you Cephas if that makes you happy. I will stand on my previous statement, however.

It has nothing to do with making me happy, it has to do with reality. It makes no more sense for you to claim that Christianity follows the laws of logic than it does to say that you drive 90mph and still follow the speed limit. The sky is purple and there are unicorns, just because you feel like believing it.
0 Replies