Why is it so important to refute Christianity?

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:24 am
Methinks you protest too much. Smile Your assertion that it is illogical is illogical to me; but, having been where you are, I understand it. Until you have been where I am, you most likely cannot understand my point of view. The only question I have, is why does it make you so angry and why do you care so much about what Christians believe?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:28 am
Quote:
The only question I have, is why does it make you so angry and why do you care so much about what Christians believe?

I don't really care what anyone believes........so long as it does not impact on me.
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:32 am
Quote:
Yes, there is a world outside the US, but who in their
right minds would want to leave to go live in most
of it? We have a lot of Americans that would certainly
qualify, but I don't see them moving there en masse.
Reqretfully.

Just a thought : I keep seeing this attitude over and over. It is a clear expression of a frightened man; might be also a quote of an 15th century Englisman not willing to embark on the voyage some of his friends have had; to a new land overseas that had just been discovered.

And I am even willing to SUPPORT the claim. Hell, don't come over here, we don't have any need for you. We have a tough life here, most people don't own a TV set, cars are old and broken, NO SOCIAL SUPPORT, no guns, and terrible terrible governmental oppresion.
Stay where you are, and keep OUR GRASS GREEN and our SKY BLUE.

Relative.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:36 am
or discriminate against other people.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 09:58 am
Phoenix writes:
Quote:
I don't really care what anyone believes........so long as it does not impact on me.

Nor do I Phoenix. I enjoy exploring concepts with the 'un-angry' of all faiths and often find the exercise educational. If it accomplishes nothing else, it forces me to review why I hold certain opinions or values as I believe these aren't worth having if they cannot be defended.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 10:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
........I don't really care what anyone believes........so long as it does not impact on me.

it does impact on all of us; every day, and in every way! Rolling Eyes

[those at work in the WTC, on 11 Sept, 2001 did not probably 'care' what a small group of muslum extremists in Afganistan believed!]
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 10:25 am
Relative wrote:

Just a thought : I keep seeing this attitude over and over. It is a clear expression of a frightened man; might be also a quote of an 15th century Englisman not willing to embark on the voyage some of his friends have had; to a new land overseas that had just been discovered.

And I am even willing to SUPPORT the claim. Hell, don't come over here, we don't have any need for you. We have a tough life here, most people don't own a TV set, cars are old and broken, NO SOCIAL SUPPORT, no guns, and terrible terrible governmental oppresion.
Stay where you are, and keep OUR GRASS GREEN and our SKY BLUE.

Relative.

Very Happy
Hey neighbour Smile If I ever come to power in Croatia, you have all Piran Bay for that Wink
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 10:39 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Phoenix writes:
Quote:

Nor do I Phoenix. I enjoy exploring concepts with the 'un-angry' of all faiths and often find the exercise educational. If it accomplishes nothing else, it forces me to review why I hold certain opinions or values as I believe these aren't worth having if they cannot be defended.

Foxfyre wrote:
Guys, I'm not going to fight with you about it. If my posts have not convinced you of the logic of my convictions, nothing else I would say will convince you either. I have read again all my posts on the active threads and stand by them all. The foundation of my arguments includes an extensive bibliography and does not lend itself well to an internet forum.

Do you mean to imply that akamech and I were being angry?post 694402
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 11:15 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
Quote:
Hey neighbour If I ever come to power in Croatia, you have all Piran Bay for that

Hello there! I will hold you for your word when I become the president Wink

It is ironic, isn't it, that the most unshakably dogmatic religion of them all is the mass 'freedom of speech' media, with sects like CNN, FoxNews, ...

Like the 'UFO phenomenon' was a diversion from the cold war, so is the Christianity and war on Arabs a diversion from the illusion of the 'World at your fingertips'.

The believers of the modern religion, performing their ceremonies in front of their electronic altars, praising the holy Bush - look, he can do Miracles , he can deliver us!

And, like all other religions, it isn't logical and all it takes is to drop the beliefs and do some internal skepticism thing to see through it.

Relative
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 12:12 pm
MyOwnUsername wrote:
Majority of Serbian people are normal and nice, as well as majority of Americans, Croats, Iraqis, Peruvians or Belgians (and I hope Rick'd'Israeli will not disagree about Belgians )

Of course I think Belgians are normal and nice people :wink: Sometimes a little bit dumb (to my opinion), but they are very nice - nicer than most of the Dutch (I'm afraid :wink: )
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:58 pm
swolf wrote:
zgreatarteest wrote:
LEST WE FORGET

"Why is it so important to refute Christianity?"

The venomous refute post on the last 25 pages
of this forum have certainly answered that
question. Christianty is the last stronghold that is
keeping America and this world from going totally
to hell in a handbag. Literally.

I was starting to think I was the only one who had noticed the problem. I mean, to me, wanting to get rid of Christianity is like living in India and wanting to get rid of your pet mongoose. I mean, how stupid would you have to be?

I mean, there are some SERIOUSLY ignorant people on this forum.

You are right about that. And when you think
you have just read the most ignorant statement
that anyone could possibly make, along comes
another post that ups that one. Makes you want
to go find a stump and just sit down and cry. If
this forum is a true sampling, and I believe it is,
of the rampant ignorance running amuck; our
mongoose is already cooked.

Ignorance may not be the right word. You are
ignorant when you have never been told and you
just don't know any better. These people are
exposed and privy to the Truth and they still don't
get it. There is another word commonly used to
describe that mentality. I knew we had a lot of
folks running around in bad shape, but this forum
let me know that it is a lot worse than I ever thought.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 02:23 pm
Mesquite writes
Quote:
Do you mean to imply that akamech and I were being angry?

No, I've enjoyed the debate with you guys a lot. (Some others however seem to just want to be angry and bash and those conversations rarely go anywhere on any forum.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 02:34 pm
I'm on your side foxfyre, even if I don't agree with you half the time. Wink
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 03:19 pm
Relative - well, but you will have to give me Sveta Gera /Trdinov vrh/, that's in my county Wink And you will have to order slovenian handball players to lose every time they play with us - we are world champions after all, it's not nice of you to spoil that for us....
As for rest of your post I agree - what bugs me the most is part "we have much more freedom then Europeans because we can have guns in house". Fact that all country will scream in horror when they see one tit in SuperBowl, and millions of terrified parents will send their children to psychiatrists in hope that maybe one day they will be able to forget that they saw Janet Jackson's breast and become normal adults, of course, has nothing to do with freedom. That's our European immorality.

Foxfyre - I think problem is in attitude on both sides. Close-minded opinions and when it's not debate but preaching. You are not preaching, you are debating, and that's fine. Although I am leaned bit more to opposite side in this debate rather then yours, I really don't see reason for not respecting your religion and to indirectly call someone that believes idiot.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 03:32 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Mesquite writes
Quote:
Do you mean to imply that akamech and I were being angry?

No, I've enjoyed the debate with you guys a lot. (Some others however seem to just want to be angry and bash and those conversations rarely go anywhere on any forum.)

I understand Foxfyre. Posts such as the one preceding yours are an example of the same from the otherside. I don't let that prevent me from responding to yours though. :wink:
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 03:40 pm

When someone is trying to push something down my throat - I usually gab, puke and then point the arrogant jerk in the nose...............

Yet, I don't refute Christianity, it's not the message - just the messenger.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 04:49 pm
Wow...I go away for three days and all HELL breaks loose on this thread Wink

Fox, Cav, Mesquite, and akaMech...'twas a pleasure last week. Smile
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 05:19 pm
BillW wrote:

When someone is trying to push something down my throat - I usually gab, puke and then point the arrogant jerk in the nose...............

Yet, I don't refute Christianity, it's not the message - just the messenger.

Thanks for the excellent expository on what swolf and
me were talking about.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 05:30 pm
Aw Jer, can't you just feel the love? Smile

But thank you all for kind words.

I've come to appreciate several of you a lot more during this thread and that's a good thing. As illogical as it may sound, I have come to believe two or more people can hold passionate convictions completely opposed to others'convictions and none be evil; indeed at times none are wrong.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:09 pm
One good reason, in some places, to refute
Christianity, is to protect your behind.

I lost the article from last week about the
Sudanese Muslims actually invading Chad
and killing untold numbers of poor
unsuspecting "Christians"....for no apparent
reason other than that they were Christians.

Here's the way they handle "the Christian
problem" in Nigeria...as they seem to be
doing in Sri Lanka, the Philippines...and on,
and on, and on it goes !!

It could never happen in America could it?
Oh, no! We have the atheistic ACLU, and a
soon to be a totally no God government to
protect us! Are we frightened and worried
about it? Not one bit. We expect it even.
The "set up" has already started down that
road. Oh, you don't see that? I know the all
inclusive and diverse bleeding heart liberals,
atheist and agnostics can't. But you know,
that is going to be just alright. It is suppose
to happen this way. Want to guess who is
next after the Christians? You might want to
think about it. We will be in good hands,
dead or alive. Can you say that?

Thousands of Nigerians Flee Violence
Having trouble accessing this site? Go to:
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NIGERIA_SECTARIAN_VIOLENCE?SITE=MSJAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
0 Replies