Which is worse???

martym

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 11:48 pm
Which is worse ? Having a sex buddy for 12 months, no strings or emotions or an emotional internet affair for 2 years, involving sexting, nude pictures, videos, talking daily, texting regularly (just not physical)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,215 • Replies: 24
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 07:29 am
@martym,
Are you crowd sourcing your outrage?

Does it matter what any of us say?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 07:43 am
Define "worse". I would say the second is less desirable; it is all virtual, and at least if you have real sex with a person who is actually present you are getting some exercise.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 08:54 am
Are these the only two choices we get?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:19 pm
@martym,
Depends entirely on the specifics. I've done option 1 - but I was single - don't really see the harm.

Are we talking a married couple and who's perspective are we viewing this from? The divorce attorney's?

Does 'worse' even come into it?

The virtual affair has less risk of introducing an STD into the marriage I guess.

I need specifics before being judgemental.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:31 pm
@martym,
Worse for who?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:31 pm
@martym,
and are we assuming either/or is bad at all?
0 Replies

martym

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:37 pm
@hingehead,
Married couple who has done both
martym

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:38 pm
@ehBeth,
The married couple trying to get passed these things
hingehead

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:39 pm
@martym,
both people have done both types of affairs?
martym

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:41 pm
@hingehead,
Husband did sex buddy wife internet emotional
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:43 pm
@martym,
Well then it's up to the couple isn't it. Not up to anyone else.

I always find it weird that people don't set their ground rules as a couple before they get too far into a relationship.

People have to know what the other person's limits are - within the relationship. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
martym

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:52 pm
@ehBeth,
I think sometimes its good to have some outside opinions, its not like we are going to make decisions on what anyone else says
hingehead

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:02 pm
@martym,
Quote:
Husband did sex buddy wife internet emotional

You know, that's exactly what I was guessing.

It does seem (purely from my perspective) that the 'which is worse' question is pretty irrelevant - neither seem good - and again without specifics I still can't pass judgement -you could say the actions of one person led to the behaviours of the other.

Like you would say murder was worse than assault - but if it's the beaten wife who murders the abusive husband - which is worse, and who's to blame?

Is the idea that if they have both sinned equally therefore no harm done? Seems like an odd way to rationalise it, but I have to agree with Beth - it's up to the couple to decide - I'm just glad I'm not in that relationship.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:03 pm
@martym,
Shouldn't this thread be titled, "Which is better?"

Personally I would rather have the sex buddy.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:07 pm
@martym,
What were the expectations of the two people involved when they started their relationship? did they talk about what was acceptable to each of them?
martym

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Why would we post it it both parties were fine with it, obviously any sort of cheating is not acceptable in this relationship, obviously this relationship is not 100 % good but we were just looking for opinions
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:30 pm
@martym,
martym wrote:
obviously any sort of cheating is not acceptable in this relationship

ok then

time for both to get lawyers and end the marriage eh

____

seriously - both parties have fucked up - literally.

both have cheated.

if the couple needs the input of someone else to figure this out (and doesn't want to end the relationship) , it should probably be someone who can assist them directly - a counsellor, a pastor .. something along that line

martym

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Thankyou
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 06:48 pm
Can we guess?

Partner who sexted says it wasn't actual ******* so it's not as bad.

Sorry. There is no better or worse. If the couples' deal was NO CHEATING then they are both cheaters and neither is a prize worth winning.