Im not glad with my perception of sex

ippn1

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 11:43 am
So here's something that bothers me - i am wondering if thats normal...

I'm giving sex too much meaning/credit in correlation with emotions/love. I have never been kind of guy who would rather like to smash 10 chicks and have meaningless sex over sex with one girl you love - have feelings for. I begin to notice this again after my last relationship with a girl who was rebounding (she left my after few weeks because she tried to get back with her ex of 4 years and said she didn't love me/has right feelings for me). Since we haven't had sex during that time (didn't make a move even tho she made few hits that she is ready after one week - 3rd date) I blame myself for not being more aggressive and somehow thought it was my fault - I thought that was the main reason she didn't fall for me and wanted her ex back. I discussed that topic with several people and they mostly said sex would not change the outcome since she was not over him. I don't know why I view sex as something linked with love rather then just a physical act. Maybe because I'm pretty inexperienced at 25. Someone told me, the more sex I', gonna have with different women, the more I'll look at it as just a physical act.

Yours view/opinions on that topic???

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2013 07:30 pm
@ippn1,
If you begin to view sex as "just a physical act", regardless of who your partner is, you will soon become a very shallow individual without much hope of ever developing a meaningful relationship.

Congratulations on being a sensitive individual who realizes that there is, indeed, a correlation between emotion and the physical act.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 08:05 am
@ippn1,
You don't need to apologize for thinking that sex is an expression of mutual love instead of just a casual, physical act.

There are too many one-night stands, IMO.

Now you need to find a girl who thinks the same.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2013 04:10 am
@ippn1,
Considering the last two responses (which I think are essentially correct)...you should not forget that casual sex can be very enjoyable and rewarding also.

Seriously...it is great to have the emotions involved...and have it be a part of a more significantly based relationship...

...BUT...casual affairs with sex being a sharing of more base desires is not dirt...or something to be scorned.
0 Replies

Rodrigesvesel

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 03:51 pm
@ippn1,
I think you have a healthy observation towards sex. When is it ever a good idea to suppress your emotions? People do this because they frightened to take risks or get hurt. It's sad and nothing to aspire to.
0 Replies

thisismechanging

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 01:57 am
@ippn1,
On the long run you probably wouldn't have been right for each other anyway. Judging from just the bits of information here, I'd say you two probably were too different. (It seems like you do judge her on the basis she wanted to have sex after the 3rd date, for instance, which means there were some fundamental differences right there).

There's nothing wrong with seeing sex as a part of loving relationship only, but if you date a person who considers it to be just a physical act, you will probably have some issues down the road. For instance, her sexual past probably would've scared you (if she had told it to you) because even if to her it's just been a series of more or less meaningless acts, you would've seen it as her having shared an act of love with all these other guys.

Somebody else already said that because she still had feelings for this other guy, the outcome would've been the same anyway. I agree. Actually I think you should be happy you didn't sleep with her because you probably would've become more emotionally invested in the relationship if you had, and the break-up would've been even worse.
ippn1

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 03:48 am
@thisismechanging,
Thanks for your opinion, but she mentioned once after our break up when i asked her if the sex was the only thing she was after, that was not the case and that she would fall in love if we were having sex... :/
0 Replies