Chris Christie Vetoes Unconstitutional Gun Legislation

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 07:46 pm

Quote:
TRENTON – Gov. Chris Christie issued an absolute veto today of the bill that would have barred civilians’ use of .50-caliber weapons.

http://www.politickernj.com/67779/bill-ban-50-caliber-weapons-vetoed

I might just have to cross party lines and vote for Mr. Christie in the 2016 presidential primary.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,091 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:00 pm
@oralloy,
Or better yet you could invest your energy politicking for all those Blue Steel Democrats whose campaign fundraising efforts Michael Bloomberg is trying so hard to torpedo.

That idiot was at it again this Summer trying to bring the Democratic Party's focus over to dumb issues like gun control which are never going to win us any elections, and if I may say so really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. This was the same worm who endorsed gun-rights-supporter Scott Brown in the 2012 Massachusetts senate race, because he couldn't endure the thought of Elizabeth Warren imposing sensible regulations on his billionaire-moocher bankster buddies and their money-making scheme of gambling investor money, losing it, and covering their shortfalls with taxpayer money . Now he somehow has a problem with Democrats backing their own pro-gun candidates. What a hypocritical sleaze.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/12/borrowing-nra-strategy-bloomberg-targets-pro-gun-dems/

Quote:
“The next time these four senators want you to support them with donations to their campaigns, tell them you cannot. Until they show that they will stand up for the American people and not the gun lobby, tell them you cannot support their candidacy,” he wrote in the letter obtained by NBC News.

“This is not a partisan thing, this is saving lives,” the mayor said on Morning Joe.

Democratic leaders fear the move could cost them a Senate majority

Yeah, no ****...
gungasnake

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:13 pm
@oralloy,
They'd have ended up outlawing all the 50cal black powder rifles which everybody uses to shoot Bambi with.

The idea of using the 50cal Browning cartridge in anything other than the heavy machine gun for which it was intended is basically stupid in my estimation. There are much better cartridges for long-range hunting and/or sniper rifles and, again in my estimation, the idea of letting a sniper target anything past about 1000 yards is basically stupid, that's what artillery is for.
oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:22 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
Or better yet you could invest your energy politicking for all those Blue Steel Democrats whose campaign fundraising efforts Michael Bloomberg is trying so hard to torpedo.

If someone puts a pro-gun candidate on the ballot in the Democratic primary, I will strongly consider voting for them.

But I can only vote in one primary, so I'll have to weigh which primary I can do the most good in.

I don't have a lot of energy to invest in politicking (unless posting on a2k counts as politicking). I'm lazy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:00 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The idea of using the 50cal Browning cartridge in anything other than the heavy machine gun for which it was intended is basically stupid in my estimation. There are much better cartridges for long-range hunting and/or sniper rifles and, again in my estimation, the idea of letting a sniper target anything past about 1000 yards is basically stupid, that's what artillery is for.

Native American whale hunters put them to good use. They're also a good way for veterinarians to euthanize beached whales that can't be saved.

Have you heard of the .950 JDJ?

It takes the 20 MM Vulcan round and necks it up to take a half-pound bullet. Muzzle energy is over 38,000 foot-pounds.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2013 08:30 am
@oralloy,
All I'll say is that if I were an officer in the US military, I would never allow a sniper under my command to take a shot over 1000 meters, the most likely result would be an adversary learning that he was being targeted. Anything over 1000 meters is basically what artillery is made for.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2013 08:32 am
@oralloy,
The 50 Alaskan could probably kill anything that ever walked the Earth.

http://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/50-alaskan/
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2013 10:41 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The 50 Alaskan could probably kill anything that ever walked the Earth.
http://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/50-alaskan/

I wouldn't want to rely on it to stop a charging Elephant/Hippo/Rhino.

In a .50 cal charge stopper, I'd want 600 grain bullets moving at 2400 fps, for those three animals anyway.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2013 10:57 am
@oralloy,
The 50 Alaskan would EASILY stop any present land animal, charging or not. The only question marks for the 50 Alaskan would involve dinosaurs...
0 Replies