If you are in a Male/Female relationship who drives?

puja167

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 05:17 am
Both are just like wheels of life,equal contribution.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 08:03 am
Depends on whose car. Mostly he drives, but he often asks me when he is tired of driving. I like to be the passenger so I can look around. I don't get to do that often.

I love it when a man can give up that kind of "control."
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 11:37 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye says:
Quote:
picture a young man and a young woman in a big ass truck, and the woman is driving. this is what I am seeing.

maybe it's her truck.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 11:47 am
65% of all new cars are bought by women. 45% of new light trucks and SUVs are bought by women. Why should she let her boyfriend drive her truck, especially when his license was lifted for DUI? Time to get over your stereotypes, hawk.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

65% of all new cars are bought by women. 45% of new light trucks and SUVs are bought by women. Why should she let her boyfriend drive her truck, especially when his license was lifted for DUI? Time to get over your stereotypes, hawk.

under your theory about 50% of drivers would be male, which does not seem to be the case. you offer no reason other than dui for this not being the case, and I dont even know that dui is mostly a male crime.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:39 pm
the dui was not meant seriously, altho i wouldn't rule it out. that it might be her truck is in fact quite a plausible explanation, as purchase statistics bear out, and for some reason you don't seem to regard as a factor.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 02:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
I believe your data to be delusional...my research shows that 60% of all new registrations are to men, and I dont believe that it is the norm anymore to put everything in the husbands name only so I see no way that your 65% of all news cars are sold for women drivers figure could be correct.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 02:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
Trucks are very practical for many, including women. By business partner who had a construction contracting business drove a Ford 250. Her husband drove a BMW. They would usually drive their own cars but occasionally she drove his, say on longer trips. I noticed way more trucks of both small and larger kinds like the 250 when I lived in a small city that was surrounded by rural area in northern California - especially in comparison to when I lived in west Los Angeles. There were SUVs there too, but relatively few, again in comparison to Los Angeles.

People vary and it ain't all power trips.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 02:30 pm
hawk, I got the figures from industry sites online. They're not known for being delusional. maybe you're the delusional one.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 02:41 pm
And you will notice if 60% are male, then 40% are women, and that is pretty much in the middle of purchases of 65% women for cars and 45% for light trucks/SUVs. Which means that ssomewhat more than two of every five vehicles on the road are owned/registered by women. So why do you think they wouldn't be driving them?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 05:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
the problem I have is that it appears that 75% of the time when there is a young man and a young woman in a car/truck together the woman is driving. This indicates to me that there is a reason why men are not driving, which is interesting to me because men of my age used to always insist on driving when were were with our women.

there is this
http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/2009/11/gr-driver_fatal_crash_involve.gif
do the women now insist on driving "to be safe"?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 05:27 pm
smart move on their part if they do, probablyt keep a lot of macho teen and twenties idiots alive.
0 Replies

Euro Mail

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My wife always drives partly because she likes driving. When we first met she had a car and drove whereas I didn't, so she always drove and as I still don't know how to drive, she has to drive anyway. But even if I could drive, she would still want to do the driving anyway, so after twenty two years there is no need to change.
0 Replies

Euro Mail

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
My wife always drives partly because she likes driving. When we first met she had a car and drove whereas I didn't, so she always drove and as I still don't know how to drive, she has to drive anyway. But even if I could drive, she would still want to do the driving anyway, so after twenty two years there is no need to change.
0 Replies