do i like him and would i have a chance?

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 01:39 am
ok so i like this guy hes ok looking not the cutest boy in our school but hes super nice to me and for me thats everything now im on the heavy side and kind of ugly but i want to get over him cause i think it would never work but sometimes love gets the best of me now i never see him because he got held back a grade i dont know if hes shame but i dont care hes still my friend

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 07:02 am
@mcfairyselena,
So, you're all over the place.

We can't answer the question of whether you like someone. But you can. You should know your own mind.

Have friends and be happy. Regardless of what you, or your friends, look like. And please, don't call infatuation love. It's not. Love is a special thing, and it's certainly not the fickle - I like him today because he's got a clean shirt on - kind of feeling.

I keep seeing that term, over and over again, from teens, as if the terms like and infatuation were somehow forgotten. Having pleasant experiences with someone does not, and never has, equaled love. It's called friendship.

Can friendship turn into love? Absolutely. Can friendship turn into dating, so it's more than friends but not quite love? You betcha. But don't call it love. You will know when it's love, and this ain't it.

By the way - re ugliness and beauty - I once dated a guy I originally thought was ugly for a year and a half. He was pleasant, polite, funny and treated me well. We parted ways when we realized we wanted different things out of life. There was no anger and I wish him well, now, a good 30 years later.

Sometimes, when you care for someone, the one who seems most ugly can turn into something very beautiful indeed.
0 Replies

lexyfranks

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 09:29 am
@mcfairyselena,
Honey the question is not necessarily if you like him but how do you like him. Is he too close of a friend to risk trying for anything more. I have a number of male friends who I find attractive, we are all really close and live close to eachother, but it would just be weird, like kissing a relative if we dated.
He sounds like a nice guy and I think you are right, he may be slightly ashamed for being held back a year. Make sure he knows you are still there for him and he may drop back in to the same circles as you.
Good luck with whatever you decide wish you the best Lexy
0 Replies