People who Drive Slow on the Freeway while doing Phone

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 06:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I was referring to a situation if there was no accident. It's not as if a cop is going to pull you over because he thinks you just spilled coffee in his/her lap, or dropped some food, right?

they do blitzes on distracted driving on occasional long weekends or random weeks . it seems to be working somewhat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 06:11 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Quote:
Caused an accident while distracted - you can be charged.

That's true whether or not you were "distracted," and whether or not that law exists, right?

you will be charged with distracted driving in addition to the general charges stemming from the accident
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 03:34 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
I see people driving poorly while NOT on a cell phone, all the time.

And you think their driving would improve if they made a phone call?
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 05:42 am
In Australia it is illegal to use a hand held phone while driving. If you pull over to use the phone, the ignition must be turned off. The fine is several hundred dollars - varies from state to state - and generally 3 demerit points.
Mame

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 10:36 am
@Ticomaya,
Right, I see where you're coming from. Well, if police notice you talking on your phone, they'll pull you over. And I've heard people have called talking drivers in, reporting the time, licence plate and location. I notice lots of people on their phones and they're almost always slower than non-talking drivers. I can't call them in because I'm usually driving alone.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 10:58 am
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

In Australia it is illegal to use a hand held phone while driving. If you pull over to use the phone, the ignition must be turned off. The fine is several hundred dollars - varies from state to state - and generally 3 demerit points.

it is illegal in my state too, but so many of us are criminals that this point hardly matters. maybe we will rig up all of those cameras out there to issue tickets like we do at intersections to catch red light runners.
raprap

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2013 10:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
But if the app was activated by the provider, an app that would flip phones into 'voice/text mail collection mode' with 911 outgoing only at speeds greater than 20 mph--- these miscreants would all be law abiding citizens.

Rap

0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 02:07 pm
I have nothing to add to this thread and no reason to post other than to say that I would like to neuter the juvenile, stop-light-to-stop-light, obsessive-lane-changing, racer-boy, dorks.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 02:56 pm
@Chumly,
Sounds like a suppressed sexual fantasy to me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2013 03:37 pm
Cell phone drivers may be going slower while in town and residential areas, but I'll tell you what, it seems to me they are the ones speeding and weaving in and out of traffic on the highways.

I don't know how many times I've been legally passing someone on the left, and right when I'm right next to the driver of the other car, they just decide to veer into my lane. I'll quick lay on my horn, try to either speed up, brake or otherwise get out of their way depending on the surroundings, and look over directly at the other driver to see what's going on. There they'll be, left hand plastered against their face, staring straight ahead, obliviously just deciding to move other to the space I'm occupying at that moment. Even after disaster as been averted, they never seem to realize what just happened.
I get especially upset when it's one of those huge SUV that are about 5 times the size of my vehicle.

In fact that happened to me just yesterday, got cut off badly, right when the car in front of me was just slowing down.

There was much screeching of brakes on my part, I know I came within a couple of inches of hitting this cell user. I doubt the driver ever heard them.
0 Replies

OssiePoore

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:02 am
@hawkeye10,
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the cell phone blocker has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
roger

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:41 am
@OssiePoore,
You could be right.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:00 pm
@OssiePoore,
OssiePoore wrote:
Bodies do not get time to booty a blow ...

Ain't that the truth?
roger

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 03:59 pm
@Ticomaya,
Well, is it?
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 06:36 pm
@roger,
Does your body have time to booty a blow?
vonny

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 02:43 am
@Ticomaya,
My booty might!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 02:52 am
The United Sttaes now has two or three entire generations of losers who have grown up believing that the left lane of a highway is just one more lane for them to drive slow in...
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 08:45 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

The United Sttaes now has two or three entire generations of losers who have grown up believing that the left lane of a highway is just one more lane for them to drive slow in...

I am increasingly seeing trucks in the left lane, which I am pretty sure is still illegal. They also often refuse to cooperate with oncoming traffic at entrances. Not sure if this is mexican drivers as a result of NAFTA or something else.
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 08:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I am increasingly seeing trucks in the left lane, which I am pretty sure is still illegal.

Ha - just happened to me this morning. I was behind a large truck pulling onto the highway. When I got on, I went to move to center lane -- said truck had already moved there and so I was planning to move to the left lane. This truck still had his left blinker on -- I thought he probably just forgot to turn it off, but no alas - he moves to left lane.

My exact thought was -- trucks are not supposed to be (especially the extra long ones semis maybe they are called???) in the left lane.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 12:26 pm
Can we please talk about people who dont know how to enter or leave a highway? This happens now contantly in Washington state: when traveling the on ramp they get up to about 45mph, they enter the right lane and the speed up to 60mph, eventually. When getting off they slow down to 45mph before hitting the off ramp, sometimes way before. People, these ramps were designed so that we may all enter and leave the highway at the speed limit, so as to not tie up the cars behind us!

This seems to be a lost art.
0 Replies