Phone citation in NJ

Eliusa

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 12:09 pm
Is anyone heeenfrom NJ?

I need an advice. Friend called this morning while driving and got citation and 5!! Points.
Now I hear lawyer can remove those points.
Googling shot and nothing I can find.

Any info how to get rid of the points? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,376 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
@Eliusa,
Contact the Jersey DMV. www.state.nj.us/mvc/

www.dmv.org/nj-new-jersey/point-system.php

The usual method to clear away points is by not committing the same error again over the course of a year.

Or, take it to court and if the ticket/citation is ruled out, the friend is in the clear. Otherwise, points and probably a fine.

Keep in mind, points are only cleared up on the surface. They will still exist in the permanent recore, which can inflate the driver's insurance rate for the remainder of their life.
Eliusa

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 12:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks but lawyers just told me no guilty pleading and
to come up with some lie like I wasn’t talking,
I was watching the movie...which IS violation but
doesn’t give points...

For $600 I can do it myself...
Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 10:35 am
@Eliusa,
If you have not had a citation previously the court may be lenient on you. There should be instructions on your citation how to appeal this. You will need to go to court and explain your side.

I wouldn't suggest lying as if you get caught it - the court will not be on your side. However, if you explain you have not ever or for x number of years had any sort of traffic violation.

I cannot believe that a lawyer would advise you lying.
0 Replies