Need advice

R13521k

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:33 am
@vonny,
@Vonny, thanks. Yes, she's amazing, and I keep on thinking about her even though I'm trying not to.

I did tell her about the trip. I only hope that she remembers me when I'm back. I have no clue why I feel so vulnerable! I like it but also I don't like it.
vonny

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:37 am
@R13521k,
Sounds a bit like love! Feeling vulnerable is a big part of it! I have a good feeling about this - please prove me right!!! Smile
R13521k

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:43 am
@vonny,
@Vonny, Thanks! The strange thing is I've only met her thrice so far so I don't think that this is supposed to happen so soon.
vonny

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 02:36 pm
@R13521k,
Love or infatuation - same symptoms - you'll have to wait and see which it is. But believe me - it can, and does, happen!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2013 02:42 pm
@R13521k,
So glad you had those two casual meals together. It really is best to start like that - less chance of stress over the location etc and more possibility of things going pleasantly.

Perhaps you could suggest checking in with her by email while you're away so you can plan to have a lunch date when you get back - then work your way up to a date away from the worksite.

If you do stay in touch while you're away don't get too anxious and pushy - no 40 texts a day or anything like that.
0 Replies

TyrionGuy

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 05:48 am
@R13521k,
@R13521k

just ask her to go and take a walk with you... Here's someting that usually works for me. Ask her to go with you to help you shop for a gift for a friend of yours that happens to be a girl of her age +/-...

It helps you to know a little bit about each other, and you have the excuse to have a cup of coffee at the end of the day...
0 Replies

dvon

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 06:29 am
@R13521k,
The age difference is not bad at all,Its obvious that you have something for her,You will never know what can happen until you have approached her and expressed your feelings
R13521k

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 10:50 pm
@dvon,
@vonny, I hope it's the first one!

@ehBeth, I do not have her phone, or email, or Facebook! I should have gotten something. I'll be only able to get in touch with her once I'm back. How I wish I had taken some contact info. (I don't want to find and stalk her on facebook either). I suck at this.

@TyrionGuy, that sounds really good! I'll have to try that.

@dvon, very true! I only wish that she thinks similarly!

Thanks guys for the help (really). Can't wait to get back.
R13521k

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 01:24 am
@R13521k,
@vonny, I meant to say I hope it's the second one!
vonny

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 01:55 am
@R13521k,
Quote:
vonny, I meant to say I hope it's the second one!

You can only find out by going out with her! If it all works out, and she does agree to go out with you, then you'll have all the fun of finding out just how serious it is. As ehBeth says, don't rush anything. If you're too 'full on' it might scare her off. Try a casual lunch date, or something equally innocuous at first, and try to gauge her feelings from that. You aren't a teenager - as a mature adult you ought to be able to work out whether it's worth pursuing things further or not.

Once again, good luck!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 04:56 am
@R13521k,
You haven't posted for some time - I hope this is a good sign, and that you managed to sort something out with her when you arrived back from your business trip. If you look in on this, please update us with your news. Perhaps you decided she wasn't the one for you - or met someone else that you liked equally?

Here's hoping you are well and happy, and that you finally did get to go out with the girl of your dreams.
R13521k

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 10:04 pm
@vonny,
@Vonny, hi! Thanks for asking!
Sorry for not posting updates. The only reason is because there are none! I was stuck outside the country due to an issue, which took 3 instead of the anticipated 1 month. I came back about 2 weeks back or so.
So basically I'm at the same place where I was before I left. I met her over coffee few times in the last 2 weeks, but I got a feel that she's not interested. I think I'll ask her if she would like to hangout over the weekend, maybe at the mall, movie, or something. I'll update here what happens. One thing I was wondering was if sometime I do ask her out and she refuses/rejects, it's going to be real awkward as we work at the same place.
vonny

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 04:53 am
@R13521k,
Good to hear from you!

I think that all you can do now is go by 'gut instinct'. If you genuinely feel that she isn't interested, then just let it go. You've made the initial moves - had coffee a few times and so on. The ball is in her court now.

You certainly don't want to be in an awkward position at work - or make it awkward for her either. Just continue with the casual meetings and coffee for a bit longer - don't jump in with both feet unless she gives you a strong indication that she wants more from you.

Whatever happens, good luck. You sound a really nice and sincere person, deserving of a girl who will make you happy. If this one isn't THE one, then don't despair - she will come along at some point in your life. If this doesn't work out, then you can always put it down to experience! Very Happy
R13521k

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 05:54 pm
@vonny,
Thanks for the sound advice.

I've spent a decent amount of time with her, and every single time it's me who call her to check if she wants to meet over a coffee or something. The day before when I met her, I asked if she would be interested to go for a movie or hangout sometime over the weekend, and she said maybe some other time, which sounded more like a no. I think she's just too nice to directly say a no.

Going by the 'gut-feeling', as much I don't want to believe it, I guess it's not going to work out. I'll wait for some more time and see what happens.
Eddieharvey

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 05:57 pm
@R13521k,
Ask her out you've nothing to loose :-)
R13521k

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 06:37 pm
@Eddieharvey,
True, but the only thing is, in case she says no, it's going to be really awkward at work, as we work at the same place Smile. Have you (or anyone who reads this) has been in this situation?
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 04:51 am
@R13521k,
It sounds as if she likes you as a friend, but doesn't want to carry it further. That's no reflection on you as a person, just that she doesn't see you as a potential boyfriend - she may have set ideas on the type of person she wants to go out with that you don't fulfill.

If I were you, I'd leave it as it is - have coffee with her sometimes, but don't bother to ask her out again. If she is interested, then she is perfectly capable of dropping hints - don't stress about it.

Are there other single women where you work - girls who might be better girlfriend material than this other person? Or perhaps you meet more suitable girls socially - you do sound a really nice person, there are bound to be a lot of women who are just waiting for someone like you to come along.
R13521k

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 12:46 am
@vonny,
Yes, I certainly think so. I have been waiting for any kind of signal from her, but absolutely nothing so far.
There are other girls around, but this one is(was?) special! I'll update here, if anything new happens.
vonny

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 02:57 am
@R13521k,
Please do - it still might work out - who knows! But I'd certainly play it cool - let her give you some indication that she's definitely interested in carrying the relationship further - before you even think of suggesting going out on a date.

Meantime, do look round - there may be someone equally (or more) special, just under your nose! Good luck.
0 Replies