How do tell a friends sister shes beautiful

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 11:41 pm
My best friend, who we'll call ben has a sister i met later who we will call
Bekah. Me and Bekah have so much in common and often spend all night texting eachother. We are just as good friends as Ben and i but Ben and Bekah
Loathe eachother. Im friends with both of them, i dont want to date bekah but how do i tell her shes beautiful in my eyes?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 687 • Replies: 18
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by mailliw19
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 06:06 am
@mailliw19,
Being overly cautious and anxious about telling people they are beautiful but also not wanting to date them is more or less a contradiction in terms.

At least be honest about this. You hope that your grand revelation will cause her to want to go out with you, yes?

Because if you didn't want to date her, you would not have any of these hesitation issues. You'd just say to her something like, "You're a really beautiful person." or "You always look so beautiful. What's your secret?" And then you'd be done with it.

Face it, you have an agenda. At least admit that.
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 06:39 am
You say you text all night. Just tell her you think she's real pretty and enjoy the time with her.

I married my brother's best friend. Bad idea.

May I ask your ages?
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 09:45 am
@mailliw19,
Why should we have to call him Ben? Maybe I want to call him Steve. And Bekah just doesn't do it for me. Think I will call her Justine. Now that I have that settled, here is an expert's advice on how to tell her she's beautiful.

You: Hey Justine, do you have a minute?
Justine: Why, yes I do. What do you want?
You: I just wanted to say I think you are the prettiest girl I know. Hope you don't mind my saying that.

There you go. Problem solved. You've told her she is beautiful. See how easy it is? One word of warning. I would not call her Bekah or even my suggestion of Justine. I'd use her real name. Girls can get kinda ticked off if you call them by another girl's name. I mean, just the other day I greeted my wife with a kiss and said "welcome home, Kim." Problem is, my wife's name is Tammy. I'm not sure she will ever speak to me again. And I don't even know a Kim.
neologist

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:56 pm
@CoastalRat,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 01:57 pm
@CoastalRat,
My first wife's name was Carol.
My current wife of 37 years is Carole
Never a problem with 3 am declarations. .. .
vikorr

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:36 pm
@neologist,
But might be cause for anxiety if you ever divorced your second wife and found a 3rd, right? Twisted Evil
neologist

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 03:48 pm
@vikorr,
I found a perfect gem with this one.
I think she feels the same.
Hope so.
0 Replies

mailliw19

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:04 pm
@jespah,
Jespah the reason for hesitation is that she might (probably not intentially, shes not the gossip type) leak the info to 'Ben' and that would ruin our frienship.
mailliw19

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:08 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY, i will not say our ages in the case someone finds out however she is 2 and a half years older than me but still says I'm like a brother to her and I've had the longest conversation with her ever for me (6 hours straight)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:28 pm
@mailliw19,
Why would it? That's awfully silly when you get right down to it. If he doesn't want you dating his sister (because, like I said, I am sure you've got an agenda here), then talk to him.

If my brother's friend said to me I was attractive (long before I was married), I'd say, thanks, that's nice. My brother would not stop being friends with whichever dude said that because, I dunno, it doesn't really matter? If this girl's brother doesn't want any of his friends dating his sister, he is overly protective, smothering and can't choose good friends.
mailliw19

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:36 pm
@mailliw19,
Ok i admit it i will fall madly in love with her most of the time but sometimes i can look her in the eye and think nothing of it. I also feel lonely alot when she cant text and theres not much other stuff to do. The times im madly in love with her i cant look her in the eye without thinking 'Geez Youre so beautiful'
Plz reply i am very panicky at times and i might end up doing something rash.
0 Replies

mailliw19

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:44 pm
@jespah,
The thing is it might cause an awkwardness that i wouldn't be able to fix through texting. She might be my best friend and i cant lose that. Should i wait for her to be feeling bad so it doesnt get awkward? FYI once during texting i found an app on my smartphone that you beautify your face manually so i did it to her face and texted her the result. She just said 'thx' and for ages we are also both teens
0 Replies

mailliw19

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 01:25 am
@mailliw19,
Everybody whos answered and not i just sent her a song thru youtube called Just The Way You Are. I did this bc i met a girl online whom i told this story to and she thought it was a great idea if i want to be supportive when bekahs down in the dumps. If shes freaked out, thats the end of our friendship. If she thinks its a HUGE compliment, then i wont be afraid to tell her any thing. Too late to stop it, and this feels like a suicide letter. But it is NOT HOPEFULLY I AM STAYING POSITIVE AND PONDERING HOW SHELL INTERPET THIS
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:53 am
@mailliw19,
Don't get your heart broken. step back and see this for what it is. You have a crush on an older girl.

You want to take this relationship (heavy texting???) to another level and you don't know if she's into it. You could wreck the friendship.

Are you sure you aren't in the "little brother zone.?" That age difference is huge when this is young teen years.

mailliw19

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 09:57 am
@PUNKEY,
We are virtually the same age even if you looked at us you would think we are in the same grade. I know for SURE im not in the little bro zone shes tild me she would never tell anyone else everything she told me and the same from me to her. I'be pondered this senerio so many times ive already sent the text bc i have moved away from her ( physically, not mentally ) we are in a completly different state ( again not of mind, of the USA) however her family will want to see me hopefully every year at least. And for the relationship i just hope i will be able to help her when she has low self esteem or when shes depressed.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 11:29 am
@mailliw19,
Quote:
I know for SURE im not in the little bro zone shes tild me she would never tell anyone else everything she told me and the same from me to her.

What a load of crap. You vowed you'd never tell anyone else everything she told you and that you told her?

Um, dude, what do you call this you are doing in these posts?
mailliw19

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 11:53 am
@PUNKEY,
Sorry but my idea was perfect i texted her the video and said it was a coversational compliment and she said awww thats so sweet and we began talking pretty good result i'll say
0 Replies

mailliw19

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 11:57 am
@Butrflynet,
Uhhhh hey dies it sound like im sharing secrets to you? Im just telling a general event not what we talk about duh
0 Replies