College Student's Abduction A Hoax

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:01 pm
Here's updated info: CNN
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police: Student says she was abducted at knife point
No suspect seen in area where woman was found

(CNN) -- A college student who was found alive Wednesday in Madison, Wisconsin, four days after she disappeared told police she was abducted at knife point, authorities said. "We have searched the area concerned extensively, and the suspect was not found," Shannon Blackamore, a spokesman for the Madison Police Department, said late Wednesday. Asked if authorities were still searching for a possible abductor, Blackamore would only say, "We are actively investigating this case." Audrey Seiler, a 20-year-old honor student at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, disappeared early Saturday. She was found Wednesday about two miles from campus in a marshy area of Madison shortly after someone spotted her and called police, authorities said. Seiler was treated at a hospital and released about five hours later. Blackamore said Seiler told police she was taken at knife point and held in captivity, but not harmed. She said she did not know the man. "Preliminary information indicates that a gun was implied but not seen," Blackamore told reporters. "Audrey reports that she was not free to leave and was not injured." Seiler described the suspect as a white male in his late 20s or early 30s and about 6 feet tall, police said. He was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt, black hat and jeans, police said. Seiler's parents expressed relief that the ordeal was over. "Audrey was overjoyed to return back to us, just relieved, glad to be warm, to see her friends and family [and] a bit surprised at the big hullabaloo," Keith Seiler told reporters after being reunited with his daughter. "Other than that, she's just content right now." "Right now we're just focusing on being together and holding each other," said her mother, Stephanie Seiler. Dr. Philip Shultz, who treated Seiler at St. Mary's Hospital, said the young woman was "remarkably well," considering everything. "She's really gotten through her ordeal remarkably well, physically," Shultz said. "She has lots of muscle aches from being confined during this period of time and she's relatively dehydrated." Madison police spokesman Pat Malloy said authorities received a call from a citizen who "spotted her in a marsh area and thought it was unusual or suspicious and called the police." Police quickly sealed off the area two miles east of the university and began combing streets, parking lots and nearby woods with their guns drawn. Police in a helicopter used a thermal imaging device to try to spot the man, and at least one canine team tried to find a trail on the ground. SWAT team members employed an armored vehicle. "The area is currently being secured until crime scene processing can occur," Blackamore said. Seiler was last seen Saturday on a surveillance camera leaving her apartment without a purse or coat. Her disappearance puzzled investigators because there was no sign of foul play. Hundreds of volunteers, including many from Seiler's hometown of Rockford, Minnesota, took part in searches earlier in the week. Seiler told police last month she was attacked from behind and knocked unconscious while walking outside after midnight. She said she woke up behind a nearby building but was not robbed or otherwise hurt, police said. No one was arrested in the incident.

And This:

From AP:
"We do not believe there is a suspect at large, period," Assistant Police Chief Noble Wray said.

Seiler told police her abductor used duct tape, rope and a knife against her.

But police said they obtained videotape of Seiler buying some of those items at a local store, Wray said.

What a crock. Her whole town turns out to search for her and its on every cable channel on the dial and it turns out to be a pampered 20 year old looking for attention. Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,591 • Replies: 40
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:09 pm
Hey! I got dibs on this story...

Don't listen to Doglover... I was here first
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:18 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Hey! I got dibs on this story...

Don't listen to Doglover... I was here first

Aw Gus, I'm sorry. I didn't see your topic. Crying or Very sad

Gimmie a break, will ya. I'm just a baby here at A2K....taking my baby steps and suffering from growing pains.
Mr. Green
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:20 pm
I forgive you, doglover. C'mon over here and give me a big kiss.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:21 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I forgive you, doglover. C'mon over here and give me a big kiss.

With some tongue action too, right Gus? Razz
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:24 pm
Quote:
With some tongue action too, right Gus?

Laughing

I very, very seldom use emoticons, but I'll have to make an exception this one time.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:29 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:
With some tongue action too, right Gus?

Laughing

I very, very seldom use emoticons, but I'll have to make an exception this one time.

You're a real smart ass, aren't ya Gus.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:31 pm
Hey! I was complimenting you on your sense of humor. Where do you get smart ass out of that?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Hey! I was complimenting you on your sense of humor. Where do you get smart ass out of that?

Sorry Gus, I forgot to add my Cool Emoticon to my post. Now bend over and pull down your pants so I can kiss that smart ass of yours!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:42 pm
Whew! I thought you were mad at me.

(Ok, I'm bent over now)
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:50 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Whew! I thought you were mad at me.

(Ok, I'm bent over now)

Mmmmmmwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Hey Gus, why are you holding that big stick in front of you?
Shocked
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:54 pm
I keep this stick handy in case I run across chain-wearin' bears.

One can never be too careful.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:55 pm
Man, this thread sure went south....straight to the southern regions....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:56 pm
http://www.p4a.com/item_images/medium/05/41/74-01.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:06 pm
A very appropriate image to represent the transformation of this thread from a missing college student concern to a hot and heavy chain-wearin' bear seeking staff kind of thing.

Thanks for adding that, Dys.

Who knows where this thread is gonna go.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:08 pm
hey, I just had an idea about this girl...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:15 pm
farmerman wrote:
hey, I just had an idea about this girl...

Tell us what your idea is about little Audrey, farmerman. Please don't keep us in suspense!

I have an idea about little Audrey Ruth myself. Maybe she was one of those college hookers you hear about on shows like Inside Edition and Maury.

Gus....I meant that big stick hanging from between your legs!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:17 pm
not until you tell me about your appliances all over your avatar. You scare me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:22 pm
College hooker on crystal meth maybe.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:24 pm
farmerman wrote:
not until you tell me about your appliances all over your avatar. You scare me.

What are you talking about 'appliances' farmerman? Among my circle of friends, this is our usual attire when we are at home. Mr. Green

Why exactly do I scare you? I look like everybody else when I'm in public. Why, I even posted my photos in the Gallery.

Now, tell us what idea's you have about the troubled Audrey before I have to get my cat-o-nine tails and beat it out of you!
0 Replies