She stole my car.

JTT

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:52 pm
@lillyandrew,
Quote:
It means the same thing. Its just word choice. Its how the sentence is structured.

Are you and jessiebear the same person, Lilly?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 12:47 am
@JTT,

Quote:
refused

Declined, as far as you are concerned, for reasons already given.

For anyone to spend as much time and effort in self-justification as you, there surely must be something wrong.
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 03:53 am
@McTag,
I expected as much from you, McTag, but at least try some honesty. You decline because you don't have the necessary knowledge of the workings of language. That's fair enough. You can't be expected to know when you been limited so badly by your prescriptive background.

McTag

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 11:35 am
@JTT,
You patronising little turd.
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 11:52 am
@McTag,
Bested you at your own game, you patronizing little turd, McTag.

Why do you feign anger when you already knew that you really don't have much of a grasp of the workings of language. If you had you wouldn't have been such a central guy in the Peeves threads, urging everyone on.
McTag

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 07:25 am
@JTT,

Your childishness is matched by your lack of grasp of reality.

You keep mentioning the Peeves thread. The clue is in the title. It's meant as a bit of fun.
Anyway, thanks for bringing your grasp of the workings of my language to the forum: it's invaluable.
JTT

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 07:31 am
@McTag,
You just can`t address the language issues, that you raised. You`re hopeless, McTag.
McTag

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 10:54 am
@JTT,
And you can't write a simple sentence without using arsy words like "address", "issues" and putting commas in the wrong place.
JTT

Reply Thu 8 Aug, 2013 06:34 pm
@McTag,
Gee, a new tangent, McTag. Imagine that. Have you ever, just for a brief moment, considered being honest.
McTag

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 02:23 am
@JTT,

If by "being honest" you mean answering some silly and impertinent questions you've dreamed up, faint hope.
It will be becoming obvious that you are not as wonderful as you think you are, and I can prove it to you:

Go and look in the mirror.

See? A jumped-up, self-important little squirt.
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 08:13 am
@McTag,
Quote:
If by "being honest" you mean answering some silly and impertinent questions you've dreamed up, faint hope.

No, McTag, again, your patent dishonesty in the face of damning proof. Your pretensions that you knew something about the present perfect. You raised the issues and now you have spent how many posts totally avoiding what you raised.

I understand it's a "faint hope" that you will address them. You've made it obvious that you can't, that you are incapable, that you are much too afraid to even try, especially now that you've embarrassed yourself so.

Look at the silly excuses you raise. They are getting more pathetic with each post.
McTag

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 12:50 pm
@JTT,

Having little interest in this, I have completely forgotten what you are on about. I suspect it's nothing. I'm sure I would never decide to discuss the present perfect, whatever that is, with anybody. I write here as a user. The entrails of the language, sorry "how language actually works", I leave to the anally challenged. Apart from anything else, it seems to promote psychosis.
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2013 05:09 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
Having little interest in this, I have completely forgotten what you are on about. I suspect it's nothing.

Quote:
I'm sure I would never decide to discuss the present perfect, whatever that is, with anybody. I write here as a user.

You are a liar, McTag. You've used this lame excuse before, more than once actually.

You say you don't know what it's about then you say what it's about. You got yourself involved in something that was out of your league and ever since you've been relying on snide and smug instead of defending the positions you raised.

If you write here as a user, then don't stick your big nose in where you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Apart from anything else, it seems to promote psychosis.

Now that is laughable. You advance nonsense, you're shown that it's nonsense, that it has no connection to reality but you continue to advance the same nonsense, the same delusions about language. That's psychosis, McTag.
McTag

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:31 am
@JTT,

Quote:
don't stick your big nose in where you don't know what you are talking about.

You can't write anything without being offensive as well as wrong, can you.

My perspective is exactly what the questioners need, and appreciate. Your approach and your Pinker-lite wafflings only serve to muddy the water. I've told you this before. Overcomplication in these matters is exactly the wrong way to go about it. Let simplicity and clarity be your watchwords, and you may yet turn out something useful.
McTag

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 12:36 am
@JTT,

Quote:
You say you don't know what it's about then you say what it's about

I was hoping you would trawl through the back issues to discover what it was that you think I said which I shouldn't have said. In fact you probably did, and discovered you were wrong and so you cover up by launching into a fresh set of insults. Psychosis.
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 07:40 am
@McTag,
Quote:
You can't write anything without being offensive

You're a joke, Mctag. That you every post because you simply can't deal with the language issues.

Quote:
My perspective is exactly what the questioners need, and appreciate.

Yeah, we've seen your peeve perspective. We've seen you mouthing ridiculous prescriptions, again, because all that you can do, all you've ever done wrt language is memorize these silly "rules", then regurgitate them.

Quote:
Let simplicity and clarity be your watchwords

In your case that's simpleton and mouthing prescriptions won't help anyone learn a language.

But note just how reluctant you are to address the actual language issues that YOU raised.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 07:43 am
@McTag,
Quote:
I was hoping you would trawl through the back issues to discover what it was that you think I said which I shouldn't have said.

I saw thru your continued deceit. I didn't need to. When you are the one who advances something, it's your job to defend it.

You've done nothing in that regard but everything possible in a highly deceitful fashion to avoid discussing what YOU raised. And still you continue with your deceit.
McTag

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 11:06 am
@JTT,

I still continue with my disdain, you mean, for your silly nonsense.

Yes, indeed I do.
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:29 pm
@McTag,
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
McTag

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2013 04:01 am
@JTT,
Aha! Congratulations on the least homophobic, ill-thought-out, wrong-headed, obscure, spiteful post you've made for a good while.

The sunlit uplands beckon.
0 Replies