She stole my car.

McTag

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 02:51 am
@JTT,

Quote:
you can't explain because you are afraid you will embarrass yourself?

Repeating your baseless claim does not make it any more credible.
SMickey

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:50 am
@JTT,
Thank you for your helpful advice.
It helps a lot. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 09:18 am
@McTag,
jtt:
Quote:
you can't explain because you are afraid you will embarrass yourself?

McTag:
Quote:
Repeating your baseless claim does not make it any more credible.

It could be a baseless claim save for the oh so clear fact that you simply will never explain yourself.
McTag

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 12:09 am
@JTT,
I will give help to those who say they need it.
I will not respond politely to those who are bent on making mischief, or are on an ego trip.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 06:33 am
@McTag,
It could be a baseless claim save for the oh so clear fact that you simply will never explain yourself.

If you advance falsehoods, McTag, and you can't defend them, then it probably would be better to not partake of the language questions. What good is it for ESLs to have you advance ludicrous notions about language?
McTag

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 07:33 am
@JTT,

Your turgid, illogical overcomplications are preferable to what? You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself, based as far as I can see on very thin evidence.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 09:19 pm
@McTag,
Quote:
based as far as I can see on very thin evidence.

You're a liar. You've noted a number of times my knowledge as regards language.

Quote:
You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself

I know what I know. A quarter century of diligent study has brought me to a place where I'm comfortable, but another half century still wouldn't bring me anywhere close to knowing all of English. That's how complicated it is. That's the stuff that you are not willing to tackle.

When I don't know, I study and think and check sources that are not the thoughtless style manuals that you are so fond of.
McTag

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 03:05 am
@JTT,

Quote:
You've noted a number of times my knowledge as regards language.

Knowledge and wisdom are not the same.
Add lack of manners, high-handed approach, dismissive attitude and lack of ability to tailor the reply to the question, and you have a toxic and counterproductive mix.
JTT

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 07:54 am
@McTag,
That's you, McTag, the lack of manners. That you that comes in with the snide remarks when you haven't the foggiest notion of what you speak. And that's crystal clear 'cause when you're asked to clarify, prove, support your silly notions, a big fat nothing.
McTag

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:35 am
@JTT,

Quote:
when you're asked to clarify, prove, support

As should now be becoming clear to you, I don't write on this forum for your benefit, nor am I inclined to dance to your tune. Smile
JTT

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 09:52 pm
@McTag,
jtt:
Quote:
when you're asked to clarify, prove, support

McTag:
Quote:
As should now be becoming clear to you, I don't write on this forum for your benefit, nor am I inclined to dance to your tune.

As is becoming clear to everyone, you can make up the lamest bloody excuses for avoiding your responsibility to explain your cockamamie notions.
McTag

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 02:19 am
@JTT,

Quote:
you can make up the lamest bloody excuses for avoiding your responsibility to explain your cockamamie notions.

Still quite unrepentent then.
JTT

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 04:42 pm
@McTag,
You're the asshole that suggested something was amiss and you're still that same asshole avoiding pointing out what you feel is amiss for the simple reason that you know you will embarrass yourself. So you either go off on your little diversions or you make lame excuses. You're not honest enough or competent enough to address the actual language issues.
McTag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:03 am
@JTT,

Another day, another abusive, sour and pointless post from the sage.
JTT

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 06:13 am
@McTag,
Right on point, McTag the liar.

You're the asshole that suggested something was amiss and you're still that same asshole avoiding pointing out what you feel is amiss for the simple reason that you know you will embarrass yourself. So you either go off on your little diversions or you make lame excuses. You're not honest enough or competent enough to address the actual language issues.
McTag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:22 am
@JTT,
Quote:

You wear your "learning" lightly, don't you?
Anyone who read that might get the impression you are a common guttersnipe.
JTT

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:44 am
@McTag,
You do the sanctimonious bullshit as well as you do the other bullshit, McTag.

There were things you could have honestly addressed, but you've chosen this cowardly, sanctimonious route so unless you acquire some new found degree of honesty, you're stuck with yourself.
McTag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 03:30 pm
@JTT,

And you with you: not an enviable position to be in.
JTT

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 08:56 pm
@McTag,
I'm not the coward who advanced some spurious notions and then refused to address those spurious notions. That's you, that's been you on a good number of threads of late.
lillyandrew

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:31 pm
@SMickey,
It means the same thing. Its just word choice. Its how the sentence is structured.