Wife had online affair-she wants me to have one to.

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 07:59 am
I would like to get some advice. I have posted a few topics about what has been going on in my marriage already. My wife had an online affair using skype, and says that it never was physical. She did stop the affair a couple of weeks ago and hasn't been online with him since. I know this because I have been getting an update from her computer daily.

She says that she is sorry she hurt me but doesn't think what she did was wrong since it wasn't physical. She has even told me that I should have a online fling. She says that way I would have the experience also and that it would actually benefit us. That I don't understand what the experience is like because I haven't done it. That it's just a online fantasy world.

I wouldn't even know where to go online or how to start one to begin with. I would like to get some advice on what you think about this and what you would do? Thank you.

AnaMaria83

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:13 am
@Josephpd5,
Something is wrong in your marriage.

I think it's wrong to have a fling, online or not. It's disrespectful. I couldn't stand knowing the one I love is talking to someone else in a sexual fantasy level....and I think most people wouldn't too.
How do you feel about it? Did you forgive her? What do you think of this situation?

You don't have to accept that...at all.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:19 am
@Josephpd5,
Why don't you have an online affair with your wife?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 09:05 am
@Josephpd5,
Quote:
I know this because I have been getting an update from her computer daily.

The trust is already gone if you are feeling the needs to check her computer use everyday.

Suggest you tell her if she wish affairs online or off line the married will not last and we need married counseling to repair the harm that had already been done such as your lack of trust in her.

If she have a desire for more romance that desire should be aim at you not some stranger at the end of a computer network.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 09:11 am
@Josephpd5,
This sounds emotionally dangerous to me. It could either go way.

It could go well and dandy. The experience could spice up things in your marriage or this could backfire and she could suddenly realize that your turn in an online affair is some kind of betrayal.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 09:19 am
@tsarstepan,
Seems like a mean thing to do to the person you find online.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 03:52 pm
What is it with you two?

On-line sex with unknown strangers - when a willing partner is in your own bed?

Something is seriously wrong, here.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:06 pm
That's just silly, she wants to justify what she did by having you do the same. In a strange way she might think this absolves her of guilt.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2013 08:04 am
Is this a spam?
0 Replies

lillyandrew

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:30 pm
@Josephpd5,
Why don't you have an online affair with your wife?
jessiebear

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2013 05:55 pm
@Josephpd5,
Man up.
Josephpd5

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 06:35 am
@jessiebear,
what do you mean by that?
0 Replies

Josephpd5

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 06:37 am
@lillyandrew,
She says that she doesn't want to. Online was their thing. In person is ours.
engineer

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 07:38 am
@Josephpd5,
Well, "their thing" should be over at this point. If she wants to keep it up, it better become "your thing". You probably don't want to hear this, but it doesn't sound like she is willing to continue with you in an exclusive relationship. She wants to share you; she'd likely be happy if you shared as well.
0 Replies