Have the stones thrown at him or not? - The Jews picked up stones again to stone him

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 02:02 am
According the description "The Jews picked up stones again to stone him", can we be sure whether the stones have been thrown at Jesus or still at the Jews' hands (but in a stance to throw)?

Context:

31 vThe Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but wfor blasphemy, because you, being a man, xmake yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in yyour Law, z‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be abroken— 36 do you say of him whom bthe Father consecrated and csent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because dI said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 eIf I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; 38 but if I do them, feven though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that gthe Father is in me and I am in the Father.” 39 hAgain they sought to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,088 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
McTag
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 02:40 am
@oristarA,

Quote:
we are going to stone you

so it had yet to happen.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 04:15 am
As Bob Dylan reminds us, "Everybody must get stoned".
oristarA

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:24 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Modernize the weaponry: Everybody must get nuked. Cool
And military philosophy must get improved.
McTag

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 09:29 am
@oristarA,
Er, that joke is about getting "stoned" on marijuana, hash.

Very un-military.

Smile Wink Drunk
oristarA

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 10:55 am
@McTag,
And this joke is about getting "nude" in Eden - pure forms in God's eye.
Cool
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 21 Jul, 2013 11:30 am
@contrex,
Quote:

Perhaps if you gave yourself a bit of a break from drugs, you could form some cogent thoughts on language.
0 Replies