22

Green Tea

1  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 07:42 am
@chai2,
yeah....pretty cups are nice, but I ain't got the time for that, and h20 devices that cost a fortune, while I'm at work.

A tablespoon of chia in one 12 oz paper cup (I buy them online too, from a liquidator. I got starbucks this time, the case lasts me a couple of years. Who knows what will be available next time), pour in about a third full from the hot water dispenser, stir.
A spoonful (to taste) of tea in another cup, fill a little over 2/3 full from hot water dispenser.
Walk back to desk, delete a couple of emails, strain tea water into chia water, using one of those dime store strainers. Leave wet tea leaves in strainer over empty cup, to perhaps nibble on later (like tabaccy in the check of your mouth, only you end up swallerin' it.) Most of leaves get dumped out.

Repeat in afternoon.

Works for me.

PUNKEY

2  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 08:46 am
Hot Lipton green tea, lots of milk and sugar. Irish style.

1  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 10:59 am
@PUNKEY,
green tea with milk and sugar?......ooooo.....I feel faint......<thump>
Lustig Andrei

1  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:45 pm
@chai2,
I feel faint...think I'll join you

<THUD>

JTT

0  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:54 pm
@chai2,

Punkey didn't say green tea, Chai, she said,

Hot Lipton green tea, lots of milk and sugar.

Big difference in that it's not green tea.

2  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 06:22 pm
@JTT,
<looking up from floor>

huh...what was I....?

<lays back down>

1  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 06:30 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

There are those that say it is good for you, but it tastes like cat's pee to me, so it's a possible benefit I'll happily forego.

If it tastes like cat piss? Then you're drinking CHEAP and CRAPPY green tea. Plus you do realize that you can add sugar to your tea, right?

I'm thinking of banning you from the a2k Tea Salon for a month for making that libelous statement Lordy! Mad

Everyone should give a try to Moroccan Mint tea: half peppermint and half gun powder green tea. Criminally delicious!
http://i39.tinypic.com/imjp5w.jpg

BruceGarcia

1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:39 am
When you get tiered take tea and will fell refresh after having a cup of tea. There many types and flavors of tea are used but green tea have some more benefits like and it contains various bio-active compounds that can improve health.

RayEGarcia

1  
Reply Mon 11 May, 2015 06:27 am
@Loh Jane,
A Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance.
It's really good for body metabolism.

carroll123

1  
Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 04:35 am
@Loh Jane,
Yes green tea is very good for health. It has lots of healthy benefits like it help to improve your brains functions, physical performance also helps to burn fat.

selectmytutor

1  
Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 05:51 am
@Loh Jane,
Hi Loh Jane,
Yes, it's true that green tea is good for health so you should start drinking green tea.

Here are 10 benefits of green tea for you Loh...
1. Green Tea Contains Various Bioactive Compounds That Can Improve Health.
2. Compounds in Green Tea Can Improve Brain Function and Make You Smarter.
3. Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance.
4. Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer.
5. Green Tea May Protect Your Brain in Old Age, Lowering Your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
6. Green Tea Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection.
7. Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes.
8. Green Tea May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease.
9. Green Tea Can Help You Lose Weight and Lower Your Risk of Becoming
Obese.
10. Green Tea May Decrease Your Risk of Dying and Help You Live Longer.

4  
Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 09:59 am
@selectmytutor,
11. Green tea makes you a great liar.
Maxbond

1  
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 03:21 am
Green tea contains the less caffeine than coffee.It also contains the amino acid L-theanine which can work with caffeine to improve the functionality of the brain power.

andersonjohn13

-1  
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:10 am
@Loh Jane,
Yes it's true. Green tea is good for brain as it contains a mixture of nutrients & antioxidants that helps to enhanced brain function properly, fat loss & lower the chances of cancer as well.

1  
Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:35 am
Green tea can be helpful, when consumed in moderation. It lacks the magical properties to heal like a medicine.

chirchri

-1  
Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:50 am
@Loh Jane,
Some level of caffeine may have beneficial effects on your brain.

ginagreen

-1  
Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 01:48 am
@Loh Jane,
There are many benefits in drinking tea, there are also many types of tea you could choose from, change your diet to a better way with tea.

ahzamvr

-2  
Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 06:39 am
@Loh Jane,
green tea is beneficiary for over health not for brain especially... eat healthy few exercise n last is sleep well thats the key to fit.

3  
Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 06:54 am
farmerman wrote:

11. Green tea makes you a great liar.

Nice try. I drink green tea. You ever listen to me when I'm trying to lie to someone? Especially trying to get a person to go somewhere, knowing there is a surprise party at the end of the destination? I'm not a good liar.
RachelKPeebles

1  
Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 10:14 pm
One should drink detox tea as detox tea is very good for health. detox contains natural ingredients that help to purify blood, with these it provide a way to help the liver, gallbladder to work efficiently.