Bacon Verses Shakespeare Round two

contrex

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:39 am
What about Jane Austin, the British novelist and car manufacturer?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 10:51 am
@contrex,
Yes, what about him, indeed?
Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 11:22 am
@Lustig Andrei,
And what of his alter ego Denis Healey?
contrex

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 12:06 pm
@Debacle,
Debacle wrote:

And what of his alter ego Denis Healey?

Well, as far as I can see (it's hot here, and maybe I'm missing something) that is as good a way as any of bringing the running joke to a crashing halt - "Samuel Clements", "Steven Hawkins", and "Jane Austin" being widely perpetrated misspellings of famous people's names, whereas "Denis Healey" is the correct spelling of a (real, 95 years old) retired British politician.

Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:28 pm
@contrex,
I do beg pardon, I left off the final 'e' in Denise Healey, a fitting name, I think, for Miss Austin's alter ego. But having crashed the car, I suppose I'll walk from here.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:29 pm
@Debacle,
And you can take Henrietta Ford with you!
Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Is she a looker, Andy?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:41 pm
@Debacle,
Upon her head a platted hive of straw,
Which fortified her visage from the sun,
Wherein the thought might think sometime it saw
The carcass of a beauty spent and done.

I believe that's a quote from "An Ode to the Model T."
Debacle

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:15 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
The Model T had a spark, not anode. You probably sparked in them yourself.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 04:38 pm
@Debacle,
Debacle wrote:
Denise Healey, a fitting name, I think, for Miss Austin's alter ego. But having crashed the car, I suppose I'll walk from here.

I'll buy you a can of Sprite. It's hot today.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 04:39 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

And you can take Henrietta Ford with you!

Ford Madox's sister?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 04:57 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
I would not take any notice of someone's opinion about literature if they write "verses" in a title when "versus" is the proper word.

Would you "take any notice of someone's opinion about" anything who engages in this sort of dishonesty,

http://able2know.org/topic/217676-1#post-5383744

Would you "take any notice of someone's opinion about" anything when he continues on, making a Mt Everest out of a simple spelling mistake, instead of offering up the "expertise" he leads us to believe he acquired as a student of English literature?

And note that he has an awful lot of sidekicks willing to help him in his juvenile antics.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 12:07 am
Here is that troll, JTT, who never contributes much to threads; he just stalks people who have trangressed his weird code in some way. Maybe I'll trawl his old posts and see what I can find that is discreditable or inconsistent. Maybe it'll make him have a "meltdown"...
JTT

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2013 10:04 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
who have trangressed his weird code in some way.

Plagiarism is not just my code, Contrex. It is simply something that honest people do not do.

And you haven't even apologized. If you were to do that at work, wouldn't they toss you out on your butt for that?

What you did was stealing. Another thing that is not just my "code". It's another thing that honest people don't do.

Quote:
who never contributes much to threads

Whereas your contributions to this thread have been very scholarly.
Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 12:55 pm
@JTT,
Plagiarism is not just my code. It is simply something that honest people do not do.>>

Nothing we write or say is original. So that makes us all plagiarists.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain
contrex

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 03:51 pm
When we think about "codes", and admirable behaviour, let's think about the Burma Railway for a moment.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 05:46 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
Nothing we write or say is original. So that makes us all plagiarists.

This was word for word copying [and pasting] from a medical doctor that Contrex passed off as his own. Common sense and even a minuscule sense of honesty would lead most people to also copy and paste a link.
contrex

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 10:58 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Common sense and even a minuscule sense of honesty would lead most people to also copy and paste a link.

Here's one for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma_Railway
JTT

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:04 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Common sense and even a minuscule sense of honesty would lead most people to also copy and paste a link.

Do you agree with the above, C?
contrex

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:39 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Do you agree with the above, C?

No, I do not. Where you are concerned, disagreement is not just preferable, it is a a duty. Are you ashamed of the Burma Railway?