Is this a coincidence? Or just really weird?

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:45 am
My ex and I have been broken up for over a year now and, I'm over it. But, recently, he sent me a request on facebook. I accepted it because, there wasn't a reason not to. This may be important so, I'll say this now.. I have curly red hair and I wear make up. Anyway, I saw that he was in a relationship with this blonde girl that didn't wear make up. Well, today he posted a picture with this girl but, this time she had dyed her hair red, curled her hair and was wearing make up. My friends think this is really weird and at first I didn't think it was but, now I don't know... Could it just be a coincidence? Or is he trying to make her look like me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 922 • Replies: 15

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:47 am
@Born2sing20,
Maybe she just got herself a job as a Ronald MacDonald and had to go with the flow?
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:48 am
@Lordyaswas,
Sorry....couldn't resist.
Born2sing20

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 02:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Haha it's okay! But, I doubt that's why. Very Happy
Ragman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:17 am
@Born2sing20,
Is it's possible that it's a coincidence? After all, no one can replace you.

As a fashion statement, red hair has long been a trend. Curled hair is, too. Perhaps she's just changing her style to one that's trendy. In 6 months, perhaps she'll be blond again. Hell, maybe you will blonde then, too! Who knows?

But more importantly, why would you think he'd convince her to dye and curl her hair to look like you? Doesn't she have a mind of her own? Maybe you're not over HIM? Also, I surely make it a habit after a break- up with someone to not follow them on FB and, even more so would be the case if I got a divorce from them. Life is too just short.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 05:26 am
@Born2sing20,
Of course, you could be really mischevious and let it be known that you've dyed your hair purple and had all your teeth taken out.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 06:11 am
@Born2sing20,
This story is not a new one to me.Years ago, an uncle of mine was cheating on my aunt, who was a brunette. He made his mistress, who was a natural blonde, dye her hair the same color as his wife's. Go figure!
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 06:42 am
You need to check the dates on the pics.

How do you know it's not the other way around? (her current look may be blonde with no makeup)
engineer

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 06:52 am
@Born2sing20,
Born2sing20 wrote:

... recently, he sent me a request on facebook. I accepted it because, there wasn't a reason not to.

I think you have that backwards. You don't accept a request because there isn't a reason not to, you accept a request because you want to. Do yourself a favor and unfriend this guy unless you want to see these details. It sounds like to much drama to me. (Unless you are into the drama, then you don't need our advice.)
Born2sing20

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:36 am
@PUNKEY,
That's what I thought at first as well.. But, I checked and nope. The pic with the red hair is the most current.
0 Replies

Born2sing20

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:39 am
@engineer,
Well, I deleted him from my facebook when we broke up because, It was too painful. Now it's been a year and I'm over him so, when he sent me a friend request again I accepted it to show him that there was no hard feelings. Plus, I'm hardly ever on facebook anymore so, that's why I didn't feel it was a big deal.
0 Replies

Born2sing20

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:41 am
@Phoenix32890,
That's just so weird. Lol why make someone be like your ex? They're your ex for a reason! At least in my case anyway. haha
0 Replies

Born2sing20

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:42 am
@Lordyaswas,
Haha I could! But, nahhh. I like the way I look Very Happy
0 Replies

Born2sing20

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:47 am
@Ragman,
That's a very good point! Red hair is kind of a big trend now so, maybe! As for me not being over him.. That's a no. That ship has sailed. I'm just wondering why a couple of days after he added me on facebook that his girlfriend has started to take on some of my traits. I want it to be a coincidence but, my friends are convinced it's not.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:59 am
@Born2sing20,
Thinking back.....with hindsight and all that ....you don't happen to look like any previous ladies, do you?
His boat may only be floated by redheads, maybe?
Born2sing20

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 12:29 am
@Lordyaswas,
Nope. I was the first red head. lol
0 Replies