Madison college student found alive.

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 04:08 pm
Anyone here been following this story? Something doesn't seem right to me. There are too many bizarre circumstance surrounding the story. Is it possible that this girl is fabricating some wild story? I certainly hope not, and I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but it just doesn'tmake sense.

girl found alive
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,907 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 06:29 pm
This is the first I've heard this story.

Did the cameras show her leaving her apartment alone? Or was there someone with her?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 06:36 pm
Hmm.. I caught something about this on CNN earlier but It's hard to make much of anything from that FOX story. I'm sure we'll get all the details within a few days though.

Good to hear that she's alive and apparently hasn't suffered any major physical injury.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:39 pm
Re: Madison college student found alive.
fishin' wrote:
Good to hear that she's alive and apparently hasn't suffered any major physical injury.

It showed her leaving alone.

Before I even read this thread I was logging on to post that I think something's up. Either that or this woman has really bad luck? Who gets abducted twice in a month? and came out of it alive both times...

I think this woman is into a lifestyle that they aren't saying. I think we'll hear more in days to come about this woman.

I'm glad she's OK and all but I've heard stories where people fake their own abduction before and the last time I heard this happen it really pissed me off because it hit a little close to home.

Let's hope this woman is just having a run of bad luck.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:14 pm
hnh.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:30 pm
I guess someone found her walking through a marsh. So there's definitely something up with this girl but there's still something strange going on.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:09 am
Actually, I think she was lying down in a marsh, looking like a dead body.

The earlier episode could indicate either bad luck or self-staged drama or a particularly inept but nasty stalker.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:57 am
It seems a little odd, but I'd hate to speculate about it. Big news around town, that's fer sure. (I live about a mile or so from her apartment building. If someone was going to grab a college girl, that would be the place to do it.)
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:12 pm
They've put out a lot more information than they did at first which left me skeptical. Now I think this woman may have had a stalker.
0 Replies

beebo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:30 pm
Maybe she has a mental health problem- like schizophrenia.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 12:17 am
This is the bad guy.
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/apr04/missing-sketch40104-125x164.jpg
Seems to me the girl didn't hit herself over the head in the recent attack and should probably be given the benefit of the doubt on this.
Another Source
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
I guess ol' Gustav was right again...

I just knew something wasn't right

Now what should happen?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:40 pm
Another interesting thing about this story: The image above (which Bill posted) is the drawn from the description of the "abductor" the woman gave to the police.

Take off the stocking cap, add a few years, and you have a dead ringer for the girl's dad.

I heard that tidbit on the radio.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:22 pm
Damn, why did her Dad abduct her? was he gonna hold her for a reward?
He should have worn a mask, then she may not have recognized him.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:28 pm
Uh, farmerman, I'm going to explain this to you, and I'll talk reeeeeeeal slowly
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:35 pm
good, because Im really upset that this guy would perp such a fould deep against his own daughter. I hope shes not emotionally scarred.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:36 pm
of course I mean a foul deed, I was thinking of a midocean trench
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:37 pm
Well, if she wanted attention, she has lots of attention now. I hope she's sane enough to feel embarrassment.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
Ok, here's the deal. The guy in that composite is not a real person! It's a cartoon-like creature that looks like her dad and supposedly abducted her!

Who the hell is gonna believe that crap?

Cartoon-like creatures don't simply come to life, jump off the page, and abduct college students!

How stupid do they think we are?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:05 pm
I just had an idea. How do we know that this wasnt all a made-up story by the girl? Ill bet nobody thought of that.
0 Replies