Oz Election Thread #5 - Rudd's Labor (redux)

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 03:16 am
@hingehead,
I don't think they really know.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 03:18 am
@hingehead,
See you on the other side Hinge. We will all have to cling together for a number of years. I love youse all.

I think we'll still exist.

hingehead

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:50 pm
@dlowan,
Yep. We'll still be here. But not by choice.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 01:57 pm
I was thinking how Gillard's misogyny speech went viral, and Rudd's gay marriage answer on #qanda and then trying to recall what Howard effort, did the same. And what Abbott moment migh... I suspect whatever it is will involve an embarrassment for the nation.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 04:49 pm
For some reason I've been thinking what irked me about Abbott's 'sex appeal' and 'not bad looking daughters' comments. I think I've finally figured it out. In his mind the voters are men, he doesn't psychologically consider half the population's perspective when he thinks/speaks.

It took me so long to figure it out because I'm a man too.

Oh well, see you another thread most likely.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 05:20 pm
So the election is tomorrow (Saturday)? I have enjoyed the commentary you all have posted.
I guess my conclusion is that this campaign has been pretty boring. Just the same old hacks bickering about things that are, really, quite trivial. I seems, though. that the carbon tax will be scrapped. That, in my mind, is too bad. But what do I know?
hingehead

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 06:52 pm
@realjohnboy,
Hi RJB

That's a fair assessment, it's actually an important election, but a combination of facile media commentary and dismal election strategies based on personalities has papered over the real issues.

Not that the electorate itself is blameless. Everyone fights for the 15% of swinging voters, and the majority of them don't have the least understanding/interest in politics and are swayed by superficial appeals to self-interest.

I expect a large LNP majority on the lower house, the only thing that will resuscitate my faith in the electorate is the senate not going to them, a hedging of bets.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 06:57 pm
Ps, I only just got back from voting, it's nearly 11am here. Numbering 92 boxes on the senate paper was tough, but I got it right first time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 03:18 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

For some reason I've been thinking what irked me about Abbott's 'sex appeal' and 'not bad looking daughters' comments. I think I've finally figured it out. In his mind the voters are men, he doesn't psychologically consider half the population's perspective when he thinks/speaks.

It took me so long to figure it out because I'm a man too.

Oh well, see you another thread most likely.

Male, and straight......and only young women have any appeal...and and....
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 04:13 am
Election all but declared for the coalition. Alp loss not quite as catastrophic as expected
dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 04:19 am
@hingehead,
Sigh.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 12:05 am
This thread continues here http://able2know.org/topic/222015-1
0 Replies