Female Dogs are peeing and pooping in my Mom's house

Thight

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 09:21 am
I have 2 Shihtzu's, they are 3 1/2 year old sisters. I recently started staying with my Mom until I can find another job and save the money for my own place, (b I just lost my job a week and a half ago). For some reason one of them has started pooping in the house, mainly in my Mom's room, she actually peed on a blanket that was on a couch, which happens to be the blanket my Mom uses and then last night at some point she actually peed on a different couch, right on the cushions. They have unlimited access to a doggy door. But one note about my Mom's house, she has several cats that roam the house through out the night and there are a couple of litter boxes for them to use. I know for a fact that neither of them have any medical issues, they just recently had a full check up that included blood work and all. Could the cats being able to use a litter box inside have anything to do with it, or maybe the fact that we sleep on the couch at night? The fact that we don't have our own "space"? My Mom has already told me I need to move and I really don't have anywhere else to go, a hotel would cost a fortune since I have the dogs that need to stay with me. Do you have any suggestions / reasons why this is happening? Thank you for any help you can offer!

jespah

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 09:54 am
@Thight,
Stop with depending on the doggie door and start taking them for long walks. Not only will more/most toileting happen outside which is where you want it, you'll help to tucker them out. They are stressed by the fact that your living situation has changed, and the cats and their litter box may or may not matter, but right now you need to go back to the basics of training, but also the basics of getting them exercised and out in the world.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:01 am
@Thight,
Thight wrote:
Female Dogs are peeing and pooping in my Mom's house

Those little bitches!
0 Replies