Facebook and Healthy Relationships

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 01:30 pm
I am wondering what other couples have agreed to in terms of what is ok on FB? How they interact with ex girlfriends or boyfriends etc...
Its weird seeing pictures of old girlfriends all the time.
I'd rather not, but I don't want the kind of relationship where I tell my partner what to do or what not to do.
I just want to feel comfortable that we both have the right boundaries.
I don't want to feel jealous but FB seems to trigger a lot of jealous feelings.

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 02:01 pm
@photogirl,
Everyone has their own ideas, and what works for one couple is not necessarily going to be good for another. There are no hard and fast etiquette rules for such things.

Are the interactions open and above board, non-secretive? Then I'd say there's little to worry about. Secretive, private message-y, the page is collapsed the minute the spouse walks in the room? That might be cause for some concern, hmm?
0 Replies

maripazlara22

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2013 08:33 pm
This is a no,no,no. My soon to be ex husband who is a narcissist batterer womanizer this is another form of online reminiscing the past. He would beat me is I was in the way. Some women have no shame they don't care if he is married. If your husband is smart and you just discuss your concern he will shut it down.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 07:59 am
You said: "I don't want to feel jealous but FB seems to trigger a lot of jealous feelings."

Simple fix: STAY OFF FB!!! Both of you.

(It's getting to be passe anyway)

0 Replies