Returning an international product bought on ebay

jd37gi

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:30 pm
Hi,

I bought an microscope objective lens from an Israeli seller. However, when the objective lens arrived, I found it does not work with our microscope due to the thread sizes are not match. So I want to return this item. But the seller said if I want to return the item, I need to pay VAT, sales tax and courier fees. I don't know if it is true or not, in my opinion, these fees ONLY valid when a product is sold. Is there anyone can give me some advise or comments on this issue?
Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 936 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:07 am
@jd37gi,
I really don't know, but if you somehow specified the thread size the seller has an obligation to eat these fees, whether they exist or not. You might point that out to the seller.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:28 am
@jd37gi,
Usually, there's a description, something like ... standard DIN lens, 160mm ... . And usually, you ask about it, if it isn't there.

If you bought the correct lens, but it didn't fit because the description was wrong, the seller has to take it back.

From ebay:
Quote:
Either you or the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, depending on the seller's return policy and the reason for the return. In most cases, sellers require that buyers pay return shipping charges, but some sellers offer free return shipping—check the Return policy section of the listing. If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 01:27 am
@jd37gi,
.......we've all been there and done that, in one way or another.

While you re-wrap the item for return, you may want a bit of soothing music.....

0 Replies