What is wrong with me?

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 09:04 pm
I am 42 year male. Divorced twice. Both marriages were based on me "loving" the woman, but both times there was significant alcohol abuse, my myself and spouse, and infidelity ( usually prostitutes or massage girls) on my part.
I have no guilt because of cheating on my spouse. None. I also drink every evening, as both my spouses did. We had average sex lives, the first one perhaps above average as we were both younger.
Now, after retiring from the military, and after a federal criminal conviction, I live the single life. Still drink regularly, and still, because my looks and personality have held up, sleep with multiple women.
When I do try to maintain a relationship, it is either with a crazy girl who can't be pleased, or with someone who I am not interested in.
Even when I was convicted of fraud on the govt, I still felt no guilt. I still really don't, just a small amount of regret for the prison time ( only six months), except for the weight loss and getting in great shape, which i have since lost.
Everyone likes me. I am one of the most popular people you will meet, and always have been. I can mix with crowds from the highest white collar fellows to the lowest worker. All will like me, and I suppose that helped me be a leader in the military.
So my question is, what is wrong with me? Am I just a wild man? I have never physically hurt anyone, or even mentally hurt anyone with the exception of my family when I went to prison.
Anyone have any ideas?
This is my first post and I apologize if it is in the wrong section.
Thanks for your thoughts and time.
Pedro

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 07:20 am
@pedro7819,
I'm gonna play the therapy card right now. This sounds like something you might want to talk over with someone who is a licensed professional - and find out why you have all these natural advantages yet, ultimately, you squander them. You are kinda self-destructive, it seems, and are mainly lucky to have not gotten into even more serious trouble than you have (e. g. HIV, or a permanent injury from someone clonking you in prison, or a jealous husband or girlfriend coming at you with a shotgun).
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 05:59 pm
@pedro7819,
I watched a programme on TV last night, "iceman" .. He lead a double life, married, children, never hurt the kids but did abuse his wife...

Turned out he was also in the Military. He killed someone. Had no remorse what so ever, no guilt. From there, he killed another just because, to see how he could get away with it, no guilt, no remorse. From there, he was a hired killer living this life by night, and married by day....

He got caught. He spoke about it in depth... No remorse, no guilt ever. He also felt he was quite good looking, knew the top people and the normal of the world.

I agree with Jespah. You certainly do need to see someone.

Here is his ending. It all started with his Father abusing him. As, a result... He grew up in this world, not caring for anyone, no guilt, no emotions..

Hypnotherapy is also a good thing, if you feel there is nothing in your past that makes you cold and feel that this is your life, and only your life to do what you wish to in it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 07:57 pm
"So what's wrong with me?"

You are finally growing up and realizing that you don't want to live like you have been.

0 Replies