Is it egotistical to think that a God would die for you?

auroreII

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 02:56 pm
Greatest I am,
You said, "If you did nit inherit your God from mommy and daddy, then please tell us why you chose a genocidal son murderer instead of a moral God."
Without references others, can you tell me what do you consider a moral God?

URL: https://able2know.org/topic/215426-12
brianjakub

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 06:04 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am
Quote:
I do not know what countless is but I do know that more did than Christians did.

Start with thjs Inquisition and go from there.

10,000 in just one city + + + +
Wiki
Quote:
Statistics[edit]
Beginning in the 19th century, historians have gradually compiled statistics drawn from the surviving court records, from which estimates have been calculated by adjusting the recorded number of convictions by the average rate of document loss for each time period. Gustav Henningsen and Jaime Contreras studied the records of the Spanish Inquisition, which list 44,674 cases of which 826 resulted in executions in person and 778 in effigy (i.e. a straw dummy was burned in place of the person).[51] William Monter estimated there were 1000 executions between 1530–1630 and 250 between 1630–1730.[52] Jean-Pierre Dedieu studied the records of Toledo's tribunal, which put 12,000 people on trial.[53] For the period prior to 1530, Henry Kamen estimated there were about 2,000 executions in all of Spain's tribunals.[54] Italian Renaissance history professor and Inquisition expert Carlo Ginzburg had his doubts about using statistics to reach a judgment about the period. “In many cases, we don’t have the evidence, the evidence has been lost,” said Ginzburg.[55]
Sometimes men die for beliefs that are wrong. Sometimes men kill for beliefs that are wrong. God knows their hearts, and he is looking for people that yearn to live within God's will for eternity in peace, love.

This life is where we learn which group we belong in. The group yearning to live in the peace and love of God's will for eternity or the group that wants to be their own god, and never seek his will which always eventually leads to spiritual death for eternity. It sounds like you yearn for peace and love, now you just need to understand God's will for your life and live it. He is real. Why not just try not fighting him and instead try to understand His will for your life? Don't worry about the inquisitions. Don't worry about the genocide. The people that lived and died in the past will be judged according to their hearts and some are in eternal bliss already. Why don't you prepare to join them?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 10:41 am
@brianjakub,
Sorry, bj, there are no god’s. Men created thousands of gods throughout human history. Different cultures created their own gods. The virgin god was established long before the Christian god. The Christian god was a late comer, and represented only the Jews. Man existed for 200,000 years, while god is only 2,000 years old. Try to use a little logic.
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/originsVBmyth.html
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 05:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone
Quote:
And you do? LOL Have you ever studied what constitutes brain death?
Yes I have.

JAMA
Quote:
· Jesus of Nazareth underwent Jewish and Roman trials, was flogged,
and was sentenced to death by crucifixion. The scourging produced deep
stripelike lacerations and appreciable blood loss, and it probably set the
stage for hypovolemic shock as evidenced by the fact that Jesus was too
weakened to carry the crossbar (patibulum) to Golgotha. At the site of
crucifixion his wrists were nailed to the patibulum, and after the patibulum
was lifted onto the upright post, (stipes) his feet were nailed to the stipes.
The major pathophysiologic effect of crucifixion was an interference with
normal respirations. Accordingly, death resulted primarily from hypovolemic
shock and exhaustion asphyxia. Jesus’ death was ensured by the thrust of a
soldier’s spear into his side. Modern medical interpretation of the historical
evidence indicates that Jesus was dead when taken down from the cross.
(JAMA 1986; 255:1455-1463)
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/deathjesus.pdf

Wiki
Quote:
JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association is a peer-reviewed medical journal published 48 times a year by the American Medical Association. It publishes original research, reviews, and editorials covering all aspects of the biomedical sciences. The journal was established in 1883 with Nathan Smith Davis as the founding editor. The journal's current editor-in-chief is Howard Bauchner of Boston University, who succeeded Catherine DeAngelis on July 1, 2011.[1]

The Bible is a book of stories of historical significance describing God's plan for mankind and how it unfolded. The theme behind all the stories are accurate even if though all the details might not always agree between authors.

You might not agree with God's plan of freedom allowing for the introduction of evil, suffering and death followed by repentance conversion and salvation but, that is the only way for an intelligent being to learn and experience His plan.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 03:20 pm
@brianjakub,
Human behavior is natural. It allows for how the animal kingdom lives in nature. Humans are also animals with the ability to keep records of our past for future generations to read. Our hands and our brains allowed us to accomplish what we now have. Humans have created many amazing things, and that includes weapons that can destroy this planet.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Humans have created many amazing things and that includes weapons that can destroy this planet
what is natural about creating? Humans are the only species that creates new things. We are the only creatures that arent pre-programmed by nature. Since our creative ability is not controlled by nature I would suggest that makes its supernatural .
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 07:07 pm
@brianjakub,
Study the evolution of homo sapiens. https://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/the-timeline-of-human-evolution/
brianjakub

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 07:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree completely with the link you provided about human evolution. But it. says nothing about the origins of creative thought nor whether it is natural or supernatural in its origin. I find it hard to believe that one day Atoms in the mind of some animals started creating new things. Creative thoughts had to exist before Atoms because Atoms store information and information originates from creative thoughts.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:58 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
I don't believe in any god and how people wish to die for their God is not of my business
some of those people were dying by being fed to the Lions very close to the time of the resurrection. Many of them knew the eyewitnesses some of them maybe even where Eyewitnesses. This is a God that people saw and listened to.. it doesn't take much faith to believe eyewitness accounts.

I don't understand why you are unwilling to believe eyewitness accounts from 2000 years ago but, you are willing to take on faith that all the complexity you observe happened by random processes millions and millions of years ago with no witnesses, and no evidence except at the complexity exist and it had a come from somewhere other than God because you don't want to believe in him.

But we even have a witness to how all this complexity was put in place because, the God that created it all entered the universe as a man and told us he did it and how he did it. Why are you assuming Jesus and his followers are liars and irrational.

Jesus did not and could not die for your sins. You would have to ignore a lot of scriptures to believe your immoral tenet.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Then again, morality is not your focus, is it?

You just want your get out of hell free card and do not care that you follow a satanic doctrine.

Tell us, who is more likely to see justice in the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty? Satan or God?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:01 pm
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

Greatest I am,
You said, "If you did nit inherit your God from mommy and daddy, then please tell us why you chose a genocidal son murderer instead of a moral God."

One who punishes the guilty and not the innocent.

See my last post above and remember who would advocate such an immoral policy. Satan, not a God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:02 pm
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

Greatest I am,

See my last post above and remember who would advocate such an immoral policy. Satan, not a God.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:06 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Greatest I am
Quote:
I do not know what countless is but I do know that more did than Christians did.

Start with thjs Inquisition and go from there.

10,000 in just one city + + + +
Wiki
Quote:
Statistics[edit]
Beginning in the 19th century, historians have gradually compiled statistics drawn from the surviving court records, from which estimates have been calculated by adjusting the recorded number of convictions by the average rate of document loss for each time period. Gustav Henningsen and Jaime Contreras studied the records of the Spanish Inquisition, which list 44,674 cases of which 826 resulted in executions in person and 778 in effigy (i.e. a straw dummy was burned in place of the person).[51] William Monter estimated there were 1000 executions between 1530–1630 and 250 between 1630–1730.[52] Jean-Pierre Dedieu studied the records of Toledo's tribunal, which put 12,000 people on trial.[53] For the period prior to 1530, Henry Kamen estimated there were about 2,000 executions in all of Spain's tribunals.[54] Italian Renaissance history professor and Inquisition expert Carlo Ginzburg had his doubts about using statistics to reach a judgment about the period. “In many cases, we don’t have the evidence, the evidence has been lost,” said Ginzburg.[55]
Sometimes men die for beliefs that are wrong. Sometimes men kill for beliefs that are wrong. God knows their hearts, and he is looking for people that yearn to live within God's will for eternity in peace, love.

This life is where we learn which group we belong in. The group yearning to live in the peace and love of God's will for eternity or the group that wants to be their own god, and never seek his will which always eventually leads to spiritual death for eternity. It sounds like you yearn for peace and love, now you just need to understand God's will for your life and live it. He is real. Why not just try not fighting him and instead try to understand His will for your life? Don't worry about the inquisitions. Don't worry about the genocide. The people that lived and died in the past will be judged according to their hearts and some are in eternal bliss already. Why don't you prepare to join them?

How sick. You try to justify the murder of the innocent and Inquisitions.

Get thee behind me Satan.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:44 pm
@brianjakub,
It doesn't need to say anything about "creative thought." That's all part and parcel of evolution. Here's a short list of intelligent animals on this planet. Most Intelligent Animals on Earth
Chimpanzees. Chimpanzees and humans are remarkably similar, sharing about 99 percent of our DNA. ...
Bottlenose Dolphins. ...
Elephants. ...
African Grey Parrots. ...
Rats. ...
Crows. ...
Dogs. ...
Pigeons.

Some times, it seems like dogs are more intelligent than some humans.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 04:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It doesn't need to say anything about "creative thought." That's all part and parcel of evolution. Here's a short list of intelligent animals on this planet. Most Intelligent Animals on Earth
Chimpanzees. Chimpanzees and humans are remarkably similar, sharing about 99 percent of our DNA. ...
Bottlenose Dolphins. ...
Elephants. ...
African Grey Parrots. ...
Rats. ...
Crows. ...
Dogs. ...
Pigeons.

Some times, it seems like dogs are more intelligent than some humans.

Intelligence has been linked to innovative thinking.

Chimps are better at that aspect of thought than we are in some cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwclyVYTkk&t=92s

Regards
DL

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 06:50 pm
@Greatest I am,
Your link proves nothing. Young children are able to play musical instruments like the violin that takes good skill and memory. They can solve math problems, read about history, learn about chemistry, and produce their own thinking on many subjects.
auroreII

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 09:18 pm
@Greatest I am,

You're probably right, but how do you determine the guilty? What standard would you use to to make such a determination?
What about the guilty? Is there no forgiveness for them and if you do just forgive them where is the justice in that? It seems right and wrong would become a blurry gray area- let's just choose to forgive them- it won't matter what they did.

URL: https://able2know.org/reply/post-6538693
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 08:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your link proves nothing. Young children are able to play musical instruments like the violin that takes good skill and memory. They can solve math problems, read about history, learn about chemistry, and produce their own thinking on many subjects.

I agree with all but your " Your link proves nothing."

It proves that children are great mimics that will continue to do redundant tasks even when not required.

That trait seems to carry through to adulthood. A few times in my life I have seen or been told to do thinks a certain way, and when I found something redundant have been told that we do it this way because we have always done it this way. Even though there was a better way.

Perhaps that shows that we human are really afraid of failure while the chimps do not mind failing. I am not sure.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 08:57 am
@auroreII,
auroreII wrote:

You're probably right, but how do you determine the guilty? What standard would you use to to make such a determination?
What about the guilty? Is there no forgiveness for them and if you do just forgive them where is the justice in that? It seems right and wrong would become a blurry gray area- let's just choose to forgive them- it won't matter what they did.

URL: https://able2know.org/reply/post-6538693

No probably.

We were talking God and not humans.

We have laws and rules of evidence to help our courts determine who is guilty or innocent and courts are not in the forgiveness business so you seem to have switch from crime to personal forgiveness.

If you wanted to personally forgive someone, court wise, you would not likely lay a charge in the first place.

You also should remember that you forgiving someone benefits you just as much if not more than the one who sinned against you.

Closure eases the mind and takes hate out of your heart.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 08:09 am
@Greatest I am,
You mention that there is a difference between God and human. You say forgiveness in humans facilitates closure which is healing for the person who forgives and I agree with that. When I asked you to tell me what do you consider a moral God? You said, "One who punishes the guilty and not the innocent". "Guilty" and "innocent" are not very specific. I could probably go out on the street and ask people what makes someone guilty and what makes them innocent and get a hundred different answers. That point is argued in the courts all the time. Society as a whole develops their standards for what constitutes criminal behavior and what doesn't, but that can differ from society to society. Even so some believe there are universal truths. The bible gives us two commandments, 1. that we love God and 2. that we love our neighbors as ourselves. The bible says on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. According to this it seems that good and evil are determined by how we ourselves would want to be treated. (Love that new catch phrase I've been hearing on TV, "We are how we treat each other".) The bible says that God is love. So to love God I guess would be to love love, to have love in your heart. The bible says that God does not see as man sees, but he can see into a person's heart and look at their motives.

Wouldn't justice, in order to be truly just, require that the guilty suffer the same consequences as the one who was hurt, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth? That would only be fair, right? Yet it's obvious that this would not make things better. It would just make everyone eyeless and toothless. Yet can we just ignore justice? Can God? Christians believe that justice does exist in the world. They believe that some day there will come a day of reckoning when justice will be served. Yet we, being imperfect people, how can any of us hope to stand on that day? God made a way. Our sins have been paid for. Jesus, because he was perfect in all his ways, born not of imperfect man , but of God, and not deserving of death, came to take our punishment and die in our place that we may have life everlasting. He didn't have to, but he loves us that much. When we accept Jesus as our savior we give up our rights to justice for something better. There is justice in the world. We have closure in Jesus' death. There is love in the world. We can forgive because we are forgiven. Can there ever be love if there is no forgiveness?
brianjakub

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It doesn't need to say anything about "creative thought." That's all part and parcel of evolution.

A chimpanzee can't even understand this conversation. They don 't understand anything more about life than their grandparents.

Humans have been inventors from day one. How did evolution arrange atoms that produce the creative thought coming from a human mind.