RABEL222

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 01:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think you better check the polls. The repubs have hit the saturation point. So many claims of dem wrong doing that no one is paying any attention but died in the wool conservatives.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 05:26 pm
@RABEL222,
How low did they go?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Why is he deluded to think Sharpton got wiser and mellowed with age? Isn't that what we all wish to do?

actually no. just a few days ago I asked my 77 YO step dad if he had any advice for handling old age and his number one thing was "keep the passion alive",,,dont mellow. and wise does not necessarily equal mellow, which I doubt that you understand.

Well, gee Duh.... I can't be expected to unnerstand the geenyus things you write, Mr Hawkeye.....
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 06:28 pm
@snood,
Quote:

Well, gee Duh.... I can't be expected to unnerstand the geenyus things you write, Mr Hawkeye.....

I'm unable to speak for other posters on this board with respect to mr. Hawkeye's posts, but me personally, I find his posts practically indecipherable.
snood

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 08:25 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:

I'm unable to speak for other posters on this board with respect to mr. Hawkeye's posts, but me personally, I find his posts practically indecipherable.

I know. And you can imagine my thrill at being the object of insult from the drooling dolt.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 08:51 am
@snood,
Quote:

I know. And you can imagine my thrill at being the object of insult from the drooling dolt.

You know, Snood, I have found it best not to respond to reckless insensitivity which is usually caused by the attacker's insecurities. Regardless which board we travel to there will always be some in virtual land who will attack us for one reason or another, but primarily just for one's opinion more so than anything else.
snood

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 10:17 am
@Moment-in-Time,
I actually have him on ignore, and ignore my better judgment every so often to open a response and reply. Maybe I'll learn one day.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 10:43 am
@snood,
Quote:

I actually have him on ignore, and ignore my better judgment every so often to open a response and reply. Maybe I'll learn one day.

That happens to all of us sometime. Wink There will always be one or two posters with whom we'll have a disagreement and or a personality clash; we don't put them all on ignore but we don't let what they say impact us either.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 11:35 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Hawkeye's posts, but me personally, I find his posts practically indecipherable.

so you are an idiot then...gotcha.

Snoops problem is different, he is a smart guy who continually suffers from emotional flooding swamping his brain. it must suck.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:15 pm
@snood,
Quote:

That's a really lame response, Snood, one that's used by way too many who otherwise pass themselves off as adults.

You're stronger than that, to resort to a childish 'ignore' program. If one can't stand to see all that is put into the argument then maybe that one ought not to participate in said argument.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:25 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
You're stronger than that, to resort to a childish 'ignore' program. If one can't stand to see all that is put into the argument then maybe that one ought not to participate in said argument.

actually he is not, but you are right that the ignore function is a crutch for the weak, who would be better told to grow the **** up before they try again to sit at the adults table.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:27 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

That's a really lame response, Snood, one that's used by way too many who otherwise pass themselves off as adults.

Not necessarily, JTT. I, personally, have an individual on ignore. The reason being he/she upset my emotional equilibrium. What might be disagreeable with one just possibly might be right for another. People deal with situations the way they feel will benefit them.....they don't ask another poster is this is the right way to go, after all, it is a PERSONAL decision.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
you're such an anonymous bad-ass...

Laughing
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 01:06 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
after all, it is a PERSONAL decision.
which by definition reflects upon you....nobody is denying your freedom to be an idiot or act like a child, but it might make a difference in how things go for you.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 08:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
A famous person once said "stupid is as stupid does" is how I believe he stated it. Your proof of his statement.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 09:38 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

A famous person once said "stupid is as stupid does" is how I believe he stated it. Your proof of his statement.

and yet events keep proving me essentual correct when I swim against conventional wisdom...the latest is my theory of the police state and the fucked up american "justice" system. I keep score by how often I am proven right, labels placed on me by other dont mean a thing to me.
JTT

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 12:31 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Not necessarily, JTT. I, personally, have an individual on ignore. The reason being he/she upset my emotional equilibrium.

And this is a bad thing, MiT?

Quote:
People deal with situations the way they feel will benefit them.....they don't ask another poster is this is the right way to go, after all, it is a PERSONAL decision.

Of course they do; I don't dispute that at all. It's just a cowardly way to deal with it, IMHO.
engineer

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:40 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

It's just a cowardly way to deal with it, IMHO.

Or it could be a very mature way of dealing with it. There are a few truly obnoxious people who post here on occasion, whose rants ruin my surfing enjoyment of the site. Some people rant back at them in the old fashioned flame war, some attempt to debate their insane claims, some try to get others to ignore those they don't like. None of these make much sense to me when a single button click solves the problem. If I can improve my experience without impacting anyone else's, how it that cowardly?
RABEL222

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think it would be better if you let someone else keep score. You not only tend to lose count but think a loss is a win.
snood

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 05:47 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I think it would be better if you let someone else keep score. You not only tend to lose count but think a loss is a win.

LOL. Classic.
0 Replies