Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 11:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Al who?
Arjunakki

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 04:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Yep, Al Sharpton is making beaucoup bucks

Any anchor for a national news outlet make major bucks, especially so for one like MSNBC. I'm still amazed that Al Sharpton, who never finished college and is not a gifted speaker could ever land such a prestigious anchor position on national Cable TV. Perhaps MSNBC needed more ethnic diversity.
0 Replies

Arjunakki

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 05:01 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Al who?

Al Sharpton, self appointed preacher with a national reputation, is also a Civil Right's advocate with a very loud persona....he made an infamous name for himself many moons ago with the "Tawana Brawley rape allegations." (google the name) Sharpton, is also not adverse to taking political bribes. In the past few yeas he seemed to have cleansed himself to the point that he is now a news anchor on MSNBC.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 02:05 pm
@Arjunakki,
Oh. Another crooked politician.
Arjunakki

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2013 02:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Oh. Another crooked politician.

Al Sharpton is an embodiment of complexity. I believe he earnestly wish for the improvement of human rights for minorities even with his questionable past. He's much older now, and much thinner; he says he a Vegan. He used to be quite heavy in physique. Sharpton, with age, has mellowed and obviously is much wiser. I watched him on MSNBC's round table during the race period up to presidential election night and his words were deliberate, thoughtful as well as perceptive. It seems he has grown immeasurably.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 04:03 pm
@Arjunakki,
Becoming a Vegan and losing weight will cleanse any person of their sins.

You are deluded about Sharpton.

snood

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why do you define him by the worst things he's done, and not by the best, or by what he's done since Brawley? Shouldn't it at least be a balance of good and bad, like everyone? Why is he deluded to think Sharpton got wiser and mellowed with age? Isn't that what we all wish to do?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:35 pm
I did not like Sharpton when the Brawley thing went on. But I have not heard anything since then that I could criticize. I have not followed him that closely, however.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 03:54 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Why is he deluded to think Sharpton got wiser and mellowed with age? Isn't that what we all wish to do?

actually no. just a few days ago I asked my 77 YO step dad if he had any advice for handling old age and his number one thing was "keep the passion alive",,,dont mellow. and wise does not necessarily equal mellow, which I doubt that you understand.
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 04:23 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Why do you define him by the worst things he's done, and not by the best,

I'd say that it has a great deal to do with his color, Snood.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:25 pm
There's not a damn thing wrong with wisdom. And I say that with all the wisdom I can muster.
0 Replies

Arjunakki

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 05:37 pm
@snood,
Quote:

Why do you define him by the worst things he's done, and not by the best, or by what he's done since Brawley? Shouldn't it at least be a balance of good and bad, like everyone? Why is he deluded to think Sharpton got wiser and mellowed with age? Isn't that what we all wish to do?

Tawana Brawley is a part of Sharpton's past and one cannot deny this...any TV bio of him will include the Tawana Brawley scandal. The media covered that turbulence like it was the second coming, primarily because Sharpton had made a number of enemies with his civil rights movement. To just concentrate on the good would not be good reporting of this man. (Sharpton wasn't as quiet as Martin Luther King or Jesse Jackson.) As I pointed out, Al Sharpton has achieved quite a feat, becoming an anchor on his own show on MSNBC. Don Imus called African American basket players “Nappy-Headed Hos." Al Sharpton took up the cause and got that racist pr*ick fired. Sharpton has dared to trod where others today will not.

Sharpton is one of those who has changed with time (he's more moderate) and not everyone is so capable, and he still has his share of enemies. Sharpton has not always been my cup of tea as I often though he was too overbold, but when people like him change, it is noticed by many, including me. I frequently watch his program which is a part of the daily evening lineup of Liberal talk shows with Chris Matthews, Chris Hays, Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell. My, these people are simply superb!
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 06:01 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Why is he deluded to think Sharpton got wiser and mellowed with age? Isn't that what we all wish to do?

I would not describe the poster as delusional for suggesting the Rev Al Sharpton has mellowed with age. Most people wish to grow old gracefully; unfortuately, not all people mellow with age. Some will remain an a*ss*hole their entire life.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 09:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Passionate does not equal intelligence. A quick look at the Tea Party proves that.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 11:11 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Passionate does not equal intelligence. A quick look at the Tea Party proves that.

the tea party is looking pretty good in light of recent evidence of the Government lying to and spying on us....and also that cutting a few hundred billion from government spending this year has not resulted in ruining the economy. tales of Tea Party ignorance may have been greatly exaggerated.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 12:20 am
No it isn't.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 08:54 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
tales of Tea Party ignorance may have been greatly exaggerated.

We need to keep this for posterity. It will come in handy later. You want to say the cuts from the sequester are a good thing tell it to the kids that won't get school lunch anymore.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 09:02 am
@IRFRANK,
yup.

but hey, only the poor and elderly are being harmed by it...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 11:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the tea party is looking pretty good in light of recent evidence of the Government lying to and spying on us....

Heeeellllooooo, ground control to Major Hawk.

Quote:
and also that cutting a few hundred billion from government spending this year has not resulted in ruining the economy. tales of Tea Party ignorance may have been greatly exaggerated.

The ignorance runs much much deeper and extends much much further. But you already know this, Hawk. Why are you playing the surprised citizen?
0 Replies