hawkeye10

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 12:39 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Unless the Republican alter its racist policies towards minorities, they are definitely "washed up.'

the GOP claims that the data indicates that Hispanics overwhelmingly support making government bigger, that as such they are often not on the table because the GOP is dedicated to small government. I would like to see some independent study of this, but it sounds right.

Quote:
. People are not lazy and or stupid
more and more people are exactly that. the stupid is because the family and education system are increasingly broken and it is a shame. the lazy is natural and is not going to go away, and is not necessarily a problem. let's not lie about it though.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 12:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
the GOP is dedicated to small government.

hahaha

you need to look at the stats on growth of government under various Republican presidents and governors

Republicans are also behind many very intrusive laws in the U.S.

Conservatives in some countries may favour less government and less government intrusion, but Republicans in the U.S. are generally not found in that group of conservatives.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2013 01:03 pm
@ehBeth,
"the GOP claims"

did you miss this part? you and I know that they do the bait and switch on voters, but it does not matter here. you can not sell small government to people who want big government, so maybe the GOP is right that they will not get Hispanics no matter what they do on immigration. the problem with these people for R's might be ideology, not racism.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorry Bud, but the "claim" part you wrote wasn't in reference to "big government"

You may have meant as much, but it's not what you wrote.

Better to just explain yourself than accuse someone of reading incomprehension.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 04:11 pm
@ehBeth,
The GOP is, obviously, not dedicated to small government, but of the two parties, they are, clearly, in favor of a smaller government than Democrats.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 04:43 pm
except in cases of a woman's body, making sure kids learn Jesus and Dinosaurs were here at the same time and who puts their pee pee where. Then the government MUST direct and be involved.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 05:04 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
bullshit, the government is not in charge, the people are. as the bosses we can choose to either use the government or not use it as we see fit. the tail does not wag the dog.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Are you a foreigner? You surely can't live in the US of A not knowing any more of our government than you do.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 09:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
bullshit, the government is not in charge, the people are.

I have to agree with Rabel, Hawk. Who gets to decide which country is illegally invaded next, you, Finn, BVT or Rabel?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 10:11 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
bullshit, the government is not in charge, the people are.

I have to agree with Rabel, Hawk. Who gets to decide which country is illegally invaded next, you, Finn, BVT or Rabel?

government rules by continuous consent, it has our consent up till the time it gets a "no!" if america has done wrong and this wrong was both knowable and preventable then that wrong is the collectives fault. we have gotten to the point were this government needs to hear " oh Hell NO!" often.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:09 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
it's not likely the average American will pay big bucks to see either of them.

But there are enough Americans that will. Sarah P makes enough from it and I doubt the 'average' American would care what she says.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:12 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
But these Tea Party party names you've mentioned have no national credibility and most have been a laughing stock.

I think you are drastically under estimating their impact and support. Those names are well supported here in the south.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:14 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Jim DeMint tarnished his own persona with blatant partisan outbursts against President Obama.

Jim DeMint is well regarded here in SC, ( not by me, but I am in the minority).

His partisan and irrational outbursts are well received in this area.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 06:39 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Jim DeMint tarnished his own persona with blatant partisan outbursts against President Obama.

IRFRANK wrote:
Quote:
Jim DeMint is well regarded here in SC, ( not by me, but I am in the minority).

His partisan and irrational outbursts are well received in this area.

South Carolina is a red state. I don't doubt the former senator Jim Demint's high-strung ravings are well received by the ultraconservatives in SC.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:48 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I don't doubt the former senator Jim Demint's high-strung ravings are well received by the ultraconservatives in SC.

so you admit that he is doing a fine job of representing his constituents...what the **** is your problem then? just pat him on the back and move on.....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 09:12 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Well then, won't you be surprised when she shows up as a TV commentator and her book makes the NYT Bestseller list.

Not everyone is looking for panache
RABEL222

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 03:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I cant imagine anyone wasting their money on anything this woman thinks. But it takes all kinds.
Arjunakki

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 02:23 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:

I cant imagine anyone wasting their money on anything this woman thinks. But it takes all kinds.

Yes indeedy. The woman is a walking fruitcake. She represents the defective fringe of the Tea-Party who are taking over the American gov't.
0 Replies

Arjunakki

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 02:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

the GOP claims that the data indicates that Hispanics overwhelmingly support making government bigger,

The GOP is lying as usual. When are they ever NOT lying. At least they are on the track to never getting elected again. The only way they can get elected to the presidency again is to CHEAT & STEAL.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2013 09:10 pm
@Arjunakki,
Rant much?
0 Replies